Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 21
09-17-2012, 05:29 AM
If you follow the story, I'm quite surprised the game doesn't let feds switch sides as a fed toon to KDF considering that the KDF have been RIGHT pretty much all along. You only have to do first fed mission to P'Jem to figure that out. Hell even later in Romulan arc you attack a medical facility and put innocent civilians (not to mention weaken the Romulans defense against Undine infiltration) at risk as you blindly follow the orders of a Undine operative who accompanies you and pulls your strings.

But everyone thinks the arrogant feds are incapable of doing any wrong and are always right, even if they are putting the entire galaxy at risk.

Sort of related note - If they bring in a season focusing on shuttles, they need to include the Maquis on the KDF side, as it makes sense and maybe it'll make feds start to consider what they are doing if they have their own people angry to the point they are taking pot shots at them.
Empire Veteran
# 22
09-17-2012, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Or Kahless.
Excellent idea!!!! In a pinch, if the the actor who played Kahless in the series is not availible, the VO could be done by anybody whom sounds enough like him to be usable.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Lt. Commander
# 23
09-17-2012, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
I truly believe that the KDF will eventually become a full faction in my heart.
It won't happen before Romulan, Terr...something - you know the drarwes with beards? - Vulcans, cavemen, and fundamentally THE DINOSAURS, are all fully fledged playable factions.... Before that happens, we will NOT see KDF as a fully represented faction, at all.
~~~~[ signed by ]~~~~
FED: Mir Fnar <S>, Shillegah Z'Cknli <R,E>, Neane <E>
KDF: A'ma <T>, Ethexio <S>
~~~~[ in game since 2010 ]~[ accolades: 13,910 pts ]

Last edited by anikaiful; 09-17-2012 at 06:49 AM.
Captain
# 24
09-17-2012, 06:52 AM
Interesting note - as of this morning when you go to the site main page for new players - the trailer is now no longer displayed - you have to click a button below the sign-up if you want to see it.

Hmm..
Lt. Commander
# 25
09-17-2012, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitzh View Post
If you follow the story, I'm quite surprised the game doesn't let feds switch sides as a fed toon to KDF considering that the KDF have been RIGHT pretty much all along. You only have to do first fed mission to P'Jem to figure that out. Hell even later in Romulan arc you attack a medical facility and put innocent civilians (not to mention weaken the Romulans defense against Undine infiltration) at risk as you blindly follow the orders of a Undine operative who accompanies you and pulls your strings.

But everyone thinks the arrogant feds are incapable of doing any wrong and are always right, even if they are putting the entire galaxy at risk.

Sort of related note - If they bring in a season focusing on shuttles, they need to include the Maquis on the KDF side, as it makes sense and maybe it'll make feds start to consider what they are doing if they have their own people angry to the point they are taking pot shots at them.
Sorry to pop your bubble there tho, but that won't cut it. The FED are the two-goody-shoes, the shining paladins of righteousness - they can't do anything wrong! Can they? No! They unify the adults, they brainwash the kids, in a grand crusade like no one has ever before seen! And like religions, ultimately failing, but that's another story...

But to indeed put it factually, KDF's been right more oft than wrong, unlike the FEDs.

And in that, you're right! Except that KDF doesn't exist for Cryptic, or anyone else wanting a Rolls Royce or a Ferrari (I'd prefer a Toyota Camry tho... more reliable).
~~~~[ signed by ]~~~~
FED: Mir Fnar <S>, Shillegah Z'Cknli <R,E>, Neane <E>
KDF: A'ma <T>, Ethexio <S>
~~~~[ in game since 2010 ]~[ accolades: 13,910 pts ]

Last edited by anikaiful; 09-17-2012 at 06:58 AM.
Captain
# 26
09-17-2012, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anikaiful View Post
Sorry to pop your bubble there tho, but that won't cut it. The FED are the two-goody-shoes, the shining paladins of righteousness - they can't do anything wrong! Can they? No! They unify the adults, they brainwash the kids, in a grand crusade like no one has ever before seen! And like religions, ultimately failing, but that's another story...

But to indeed put it factually, KDF's been right more oft than wrong, unlike the FEDs.

And in that, you're right! Except that KDF doesn't exist for Cryptic, or anyone else wanting a Rolls Royce or a Ferrari (I'd prefer a Toyota Camry tho... more reliable).
Sad part is you are right. Ah well, hopefully if cryptic ever release open pvp and territory conquest I'll meet you over Earth in, oh I don't know, 5 minutes? Last one to pop a torpedo at Starfleet Command buys the bloodwine!
Captain
# 27
09-17-2012, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitzh View Post
Sad part is you are right. Ah well, hopefully if cryptic ever release open pvp and territory conquest I'll meet you over Earth in, oh I don't know, 5 minutes? Last one to pop a torpedo at Starfleet Command buys the bloodwine!
That would be awesome - every starfleet player has to attack the KDF and protect earth - all KDF have to attack and protect Qo'noS

the kicker is that every ship that is destroyed is gone for good and you have to pay for a new one.
Empire Veteran
# 28
09-17-2012, 08:52 PM
Actually the trailer doesn't so much give bad vibes to the KDF, it's more like they are promoting everyone to 'Kirk it out' pretty much and not give a lick of care to any form of team work.

"Sure, you have these heals on your ship, and you are running all different types of beam arrays on your cruiser (As a tac), but who cares, YOU'RE the captain, to space-hell with everyone else!"

Career Officer
# 29
09-19-2012, 09:51 PM
I've been playing this since Beta... back then, the STO Website had a faction page describing the reasons of all four (Federation, Klingons, Romulans and Cardassians) sides of this conflict...

I'll give you a chronological listing of the events that led to this war.

(Star Trek: Klingon Academy) The Klingon Empire enters a civil war. Chancelor Lorak died and the head of House G'Iogh proclaims himself Emperor. General Chang kills him. Melkor, the impostor's younger brother claims Qonos as it's new emperor and the Empire splits itself in 3 factions. Melkor's, Chang's and Gorkon's sides.

After long fights, it's made known that Melkor is dealing with the romulans and the Empire rallies behind Gorkon who, in a dire battle, saved Chang from a certain death. Once the civil war ends, Gorkon is named Chancellor of the Empire and Chang is to serve him as his Chief of Staff.

(Star Trek 6) Spock and Gorkon are trying the impossible, a treaty of peace between the Federation and the Klingons. Romulans, Starfleet officers and a group of Klingons under Chang plot the assassination of Gorkon and frame Kirk, leading to a war.

After much investigating, Spock and the Enterprise crew make it to Kithomer in time to stop another assassination attempt against Chancellor Azetbur. They unfoil the whole plan and allow the Federation and Klingon Empire to become true allies.

(Deep Space 9) Chancellor Gowron reign is marked by seeking glory. After many altercations between the Klingons and Sisko, Gowron invalidates the Kithomer Accord and attacks DS9 with an impressive armada. A year later, Gowron reinstates the Accord in order to face the Dominion and save the Alpha Quadrant.

(Voyager) Janeway helps the Borg to defeat a fierce enemy known as "Species 8472". It is unknown to Janeway and her crew what caused the conflict until it's too late. The Borg entered fluidic space first and attacked... It is not explained how the managed to get there.

Few months/years later, Janeway encounters another group of Undines who are shapeshifted as Federation officers. Their plans is to infiltrate the high spheres of power of the federation and make it collapse.

Few months/years later, Janeway and her crew finally make it home. Janeway gets promoted to Admiral.

(Star Trek Online, events leading to the game) The Klingon Empire is infiltrated by Undines. They discover the plot and cleanse themselves of every infiltrated Undine. It is also known to them that the Gorn head of state is an Undine. Diplomatic efforts to reveal the truth to the Gorn is unsuccessful so, as a True Warrior does what has to be done, the Klingons lay a siege to Gornar in order to liberate it's people from the impostor alien.

The way the Klingons acted doesn't please the Federation and they ask the Klingons to withdraw themselves from Gornar. Obviously, the Federation is also infiltrated by the Undines. The Klingon Empire demands that the Federation respect the Kithomer Accord and help them with the Gorn Hegemony situation.

The Federation refuses. Another sign that Starfleet high ranks are infiltrated by the aliens. In no way would the Federation betray a peace treaty they've worked so hard to negociate. The Klingon Empire ends the treaty, once again, and procedes in the most important war for it's survival... the cleansing of every Undine from the Alpha Quadrant nations.

Play the game... see for yourself... the Klingons are the heroes of this game... while there are genuine heroes in Starfleet (the players) the faction itself can't be trusted. Section 31 keeps toying with the best of Starfleet... and no Undine has been taken out of the Federation yet. (as a Federation player, you never even try to investigate the matter... even when a Vulcan Ambassador is revealed to be an Undine !)
Lieutenant
# 30
09-20-2012, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
Well, some Klingon players operate by their own codes of honor. Usually something along the lines of 'fair play', etc. I sorta have my own code, but a lot of Feddies might not interpret it as such. . .they seem to view a BoP temporarily retreating and cloaking as 'dishonorable' and 'un-Klingon', and they don't approve of sneak attacks, especially when they work.

It's really funny watching Feddies rage about BoPs using the only real advantage they have left as much as possible. As if keeping raiders weak wasn't enough. . .
Well said I hear it all the time from the fed side .... And the 1 saying it usually dies on my next attack run .... Its almost funny if you think about it...... for example feds think its dishonorable for a BoP to run off when that is the design of it ... In comparison is it dishonarable for a cruiser to heal itself and other players ... after all thats what its designed to do ....
Target locked Captain....Alpha loaded....5,4,3,2,1.... Target dead captain, locking on next target