fifth 12 hours
sixth 24 hours
and so on
as soon as it hits a week delete the character
+1 sounds great.
Lieutenant
# 22
09-17-2012, 09:47 PM
Rather tha bury my porposed amendments to the penalty sytem in a thread, I have started a new one detailing how the system could be improved at http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...71#post5742171
Career Officer
# 23
09-18-2012, 01:09 AM
Lets chant the mantra "FIND A FLEET" JOIN premades.....that is what is spewed to those they call ELITISTS who drop the stf when there are players with 15 critical and serious damages on their ship and refuse to repair them....

I would prefer dropping the penalty entirely until they can make it feesible to penalize those who ruin the game...but guess what...aint gonna happen......
Napoleon's final defeat came at Waterloo. Must've been embarrassing. You're the f'ing emperor. You conquered all of Europe, only to lose in a place with a stupid name like Waterloo. Or Watergate, or Whitewater. Note to politicans: Stay on land.
Lt. Commander
# 24
09-18-2012, 01:56 AM
Heh... my 2 cents:

1) never left an STF prematurely, however sodding sorry the situation has been. I don't care about optionals - I try achieve them, but if others refuse (or fail) to do so too, then so be it - it's just a bag of monkeys anyway, nothing super exciting or useful.

2) the penalty of one hour is way too short.(*

*) Cure needs to be fixed! If you get in to map where there's no "leave map" button after the boss's shot down (it'll pop up eventually however), you'll be penalized if you don't wait for the button to appear. Folks who don't wait for the soddin' button to appear (and leave with 'depart system')... should be hung. Just saying.

As a matter of fact, what'd be the best solution:

--disable-- "depart system" completely during STFs. And if you log out, you'll be transfered back to the very same instance you logged off from. That'll teach people to complete the thing... Not fun? STFs aren't fun, they're a chore anyway - they've never been fun, only a chore to run thro a hundred, two hundred, or more times.
~~~~[ signed by ]~~~~
FED: Mir Fnar <S>, Shillegah Z'Cknli <R,E>, Neane <E>
KDF: A'ma <T>, Ethexio <S>
~~~~[ in game since 2010 ]~[ accolades: 13,910 pts ]
Captain
# 25
09-18-2012, 02:30 AM
+1 to the one above, esp the part where the put em back where they came from is XD
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Lt. Commander
# 26
09-18-2012, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
For the first time ever, I find myself in complete agreement with grouchy...

In fact, It could be beneficial to crank it up severely.
All this would do is make all of the decent players abandon the queue system all together and leave nothing but scrub fail groups.

If anything, the deserter penalty should be abolished.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpfbJLLbczs
Lt. Commander
# 27
09-18-2012, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunted74 View Post
All this would do is make all of the decent players abandon the queue system all together and leave nothing but scrub fail groups.

If anything, the deserter penalty should be abolished.
Shoo, go away, deserter.
~~~~[ signed by ]~~~~
FED: Mir Fnar <S>, Shillegah Z'Cknli <R,E>, Neane <E>
KDF: A'ma <T>, Ethexio <S>
~~~~[ in game since 2010 ]~[ accolades: 13,910 pts ]
Captain
# 28
09-18-2012, 03:45 AM
I agree the penalty should be more but I believe it should only happen to the first person who leaves one who have to leave after that should be allowed to leave and rejoin a queue without a cool down. One of the reasons I hardly play the game anymore is because of the STF cooldown affecting me when it became impossible to achieve the final objective due to some one leaving before STF was over.
Ensign
# 29
09-20-2012, 01:39 AM
I personally don't have a problem with a penalty in game for leaving, but think some people should be punished for going into any event and just sitting there to get the points while everyone else works. It frustrates me to no end when someone joins in and I end up failing the mission just because one or two people can't be bothered to play the game but he or she reaps the rewards.
Career Officer
# 30
09-20-2012, 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchyotaku View Post
Of course, this is the reason why there is a penalty, to discourage people from leaving, just because the optional has failed... There are still too many people who are abandoning STF half way though, which indicates that the penalty should be made longer... (Perhaps a day???)
You are missing his point *entirely*. When, to no fault of your own, the system accidentally 'starts' you in an already ongoing STF with its Optional already failed, you should be allowed to leave. And for the simple reason that you were lured in under false pretences, as it were (namely, that you would enter a freshly starting STF). If the system can't honor its end of the bargain, you should be permitted to bale, too.