Go Back   Star Trek Online > The Foundry for Star Trek Online > The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Mission Database
Login

Rihannsu
# 11
09-14-2012, 03:15 PM
I think it has to do with tactics and strategy.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 12
09-14-2012, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I think it has to do with tactics and strategy.
Those are opposites though.

What this does by and large is remove some strategy and push you towards tactics, thinking less in advance and focusing on things like positioning more.

Anyway... I just completed a set of revisions. There are a few scattered dialogue tweaks and quality of life elements adjusted.

There are slight nerfs across the board and a pretty substantial nerf to the final battle, which I'll concede bordered on absurdity.

I'm about to test it on my main.
Rihannsu
# 13
09-14-2012, 03:43 PM
That's just it... some people like to hang back and pick off enemies one by one with a Phaser sniper rifle. Others prefer to shoot their enemy at point blank range with an Antiproton Pulsewave. Your scenario makes the second combat strategy invalid, and many people aren't geared for the fist one.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 14
09-14-2012, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
That's just it... some people like to hang back and pick off enemies one by one with a Phaser sniper rifle. Others prefer to shoot their enemy at point blank range with an Antiproton Pulsewave. Your scenario makes the second combat strategy invalid, and many people aren't geared for the fist one.
Well... Do people actually get upset at the melee only missions?

My feeling is that "hanging back" belongs on outdoor maps. If you're hamstrung in tight spaces, it's because you should be.

I'm all for being a touch more cautious on enemies for indoor maps but I think grappling with the terrain imposed limits makes sense.

It's like being upset at having to jump in Infected or avoid knockback attacks on a rope bridge.
Career Officer
# 15
09-14-2012, 04:51 PM
I enjoyed the cramped combat aboard the mannheim. It was one of the best parts of the mission design to me. It gave me something different to play with than the standard fare, and had me setting up my Boffs in strategic locations as the enemies approahed. Except for my Security Team ignoring the force fields, I don't see the issues people are indicating. It was a fun , challenging combat done in a different way than I was used to.
Part of the reason I gave it 5 stars.
Different strokes for different folks I guess.
Lieutenant
# 16
09-17-2012, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Well... Do people actually get upset at the melee only missions?

My feeling is that "hanging back" belongs on outdoor maps. If you're hamstrung in tight spaces, it's because you should be.

I'm all for being a touch more cautious on enemies for indoor maps but I think grappling with the terrain imposed limits makes sense.

It's like being upset at having to jump in Infected or avoid knockback attacks on a rope bridge.
I had no problem with the combat difficulty, I was able to place my BOFFS with the way points in defensive spots before engaging the enemy in the corridors.

The only difficulty I had was at the end. I was not able to figure out where the bar was until after I aggro ed the mob. Upon re spawning my bridge officers kept attacking so I had no choice but to slug it out constantly re spawning. Maybe we can choose a better beam down point rather than next to the large group with the big guns?
Lieutenant
# 17
09-18-2012, 06:17 AM
I don't have alot of time to play star trek online, but I was thinking, I enjoy doing foundry missions usually rather than doing anything else, but these do not advance my character at all that much. So I was thinking would it be helpful to you authors if I record myself playing your missions so you can gain insight into how the mission flows by someone who has not played it before?
Career Officer
# 18
09-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufpdewolfe View Post
I don't have alot of time to play star trek online, but I was thinking, I enjoy doing foundry missions usually rather than doing anything else, but these do not advance my character at all that much. So I was thinking would it be helpful to you authors if I record myself playing your missions so you can gain insight into how the mission flows by someone who has not played it before?
I would eat up this kind of feedback.
Lieutenant
# 19
09-20-2012, 07:18 PM
Give this about twenty hours,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOY1G...ature=youtu.be

I ran through the mission again, had almost no issue with combat this time around.
Lieutenant
# 20
09-22-2012, 08:02 PM
Rest of mission will be uploaded, I'm having to compress the files for better upload speeds.