Captain
# 31
09-18-2012, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
[*]Mirror ships can now change their ship name prefix to I.S.S.
A really, really nice change.

I'd also love to see V.S. on the D'Kyr or perhaps to shut it off completely on certain ships. (e.g. Marauder, Fighters, Shuttlecraft, Galor...)
Lt. Commander
# 32
09-18-2012, 08:23 AM
Two things. First, I agree with another poster that the turn to warp out needs to go away. A few days ago my ship did about a 270 degree turn to starboard before warping out of DS9.

Second, instead of wasting resources on some icon over chairs why not do something about the ultra annoying ship change toolbar scramble game that is such a joy to deal with? Seems something like that would be a much more welcome fix than chair icons.
Career Officer
# 33
09-18-2012, 08:40 AM
A lot of good stuff here:
Quote:
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.20.20120909a.5

General:
  • Mirror ships can now change their ship name prefix to I.S.S.

Duty Officers:
  • All Fleet Duty Officers should now have the correct Departments for their Specialization.

Operational Assets:
  • Decreased the cost of all operational assets.
  • Decreased the tier to unlock the Operational Assets for the Imperial Class Assault Cruiser, Dervish, Deifant, Dacoit Flight Deck Cruiser, Zilant Battleship, and Vo'quv Carrier.
  • Operational Assets can now be used from the player's inventory and no longer need to be equipped in a Device slot.

Systems:
  • Klingon Honor Guard Ground Set:
    • Updated the Mk XII ground set: Owners of this set will see additional stats that should have been there all along.
    • Clarified all of the tooltips for this set bonus.
    • Understanding what the set does should be much easier now.

UI:
  • Can once again select and copy text from in-game mail.
  • Resolved an issue where completed missions wouldn't always disappear from the contact's list of options immediately.
While its great that the fleet credit cost and variety has expanded, the biggest problem with operational assets is that they're so darn expensive for projects -- you can't require X engineering and X operations doffs for one project that gives 500 XP and X fabrication engineers and X systems operations doffs for another project that gives same amount of XP. There *needs* to be a discount or people just won't run the projects.

Operational assets are consumables and it just defies reason to try to make them for anything beyond the novelty factor given their prohibitive construction costs.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Republic Veteran
# 34
09-18-2012, 08:40 AM
Thank you for finally fixing the Engineer kit swapping cheat. I have several engineers in my fleet and we never swap kits and do fine in both elite STFs and PvP. Ground PvP has finally been getting some needed adjustments.
Lieutenant
# 35 Yay
09-18-2012, 08:47 AM
As a Ground PvPer (lolground), I'm very happy about the Engineer spam fix.
Ensign
# 36
09-18-2012, 08:52 AM
Systems:[list][*]Engineering Kit summoned pets; drones, turrets, mines, etc.; will now despawn if you remove the kit.

Love The Engineering fixes all the spam made me lag and was ridicules.
Captain
# 37
09-18-2012, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buccaneerdtb View Post
Thank you for finally fixing the Engineer kit swapping cheat. I have several engineers in my fleet and we never swap kits and do fine in both elite STFs and PvP. Ground PvP has finally been getting some needed adjustments.
Cheats?

Ok then. Have tacticals and science also lose their buffs when they switch kits.

Right now tactical can buff up damage and swith to grenade kit to toss a mini-nuke.

Science can buff self with the hypos and nanites and switch to its damage/debuff kit and go freaking crazy on mobs.

Unlike Engineer, those 'cheats' only help the individual user. At least the engineer kit swapping was for TEAM support.

A really,really bad change for the class.

To those with 'lag' issues: its your vid card and nothing to do with the game itself. Lower certain settings so it doesnt 'lag' you . You can do it without losing image quality.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Career Officer
# 38
09-18-2012, 09:58 AM
Quote:
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.20.20120909a.5

General:
  • The Regent should now adopt whatever the player's fleet uses, like other ships.
Does this refer to fleet emblems or something else? I'm a little confused.
Republic Veteran
# 39
09-18-2012, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post
Cheats?

Ok then. Have tacticals and science also lose their buffs when they switch kits.

Right now tactical can buff up damage and swith to grenade kit to toss a mini-nuke.

Science can buff self with the hypos and nanites and switch to its damage/debuff kit and go freaking crazy on mobs.
Yes, all kit swapping cheats need to be fixed. There are more fun ways to play this game.
Lt. Commander
# 40
09-18-2012, 10:09 AM
not happy about the engineer ground kit change. that was big part of what made playing engineer on ground missions very enjoyable: the ability to fortress and support. stop making changes nobody asked for.

-.-