Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 266
# 1 Stf difficulty increase?
09-18-2012, 05:45 PM
This may not be the case, but, it seems that the difficulty of the STFs may have bumped up some. I have been killed more times this week on infected elite than the whole last month. I have noticed numerous others running these with me stating similar feelings. Some people who have gone one on one with tac cube feel squishy all of a sudden. Did something get changed and was it intentional or not?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samir Bennal, Captain of the Onyxhammer
Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,472
# 2
09-18-2012, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdawgenigma View Post
This may not be the case, but, it seems that the difficulty of the STFs may have bumped up some. I have been killed more times this week on infected elite than the whole last month. I have noticed numerous others running these with me stating similar feelings. Some people who have gone one on one with tac cube feel squishy all of a sudden. Did something get changed and was it intentional or not?
Maybe about a month ago, the boss fights all seemed to get harder and a lot less forgiving.

I remember feeling like I was making progress as a player. My PuGs getting most of the optionals. Then WHAM.

It felt like the Borg on Elite started hitting harder. The timers started acting funny on Infected and maybe the Cure, resetting with time still left. The turrets in Cure started bugging out too. Sometimes respawning as they're blown up. Respawn timers on the Infected boss room also seem much higher. The cure boss seems to kill melee like crazy now too.

The bosses don't seem to hit as hard and can be soloed. (In fact, the only time I've beaten any in the last month with PuGs relied on a science sniper tank or two to finish it. As a melee tac, I have to switch to sniping a lot more, almost as if they rebalanced things around the melee buffs.)

It almost seems to me like somebody decided to try to keep the difficulty intact while eliminating one shot mobs by nerfing the Elite Tactical Drones and bosses and buffing everything else.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,046
# 3
09-18-2012, 06:00 PM
I played a few elite STFs this past weekend and the difficulty seemed the same to me, but I've moved this to the PvE Gameplay feedback forum so the appropriate devs see it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,472
# 4
09-18-2012, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I played a few elite STFs this past weekend and the difficulty seemed the same to me, but I've moved this to the PvE Gameplay feedback forum so the appropriate devs see it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
It could well be that PuG quality is declining with the added player created channels and improved fleets, coupled with attention being focused elsewhere.

A few months ago, it seemed like I always had at least 3 solid teammates in a PuG in full Mk XII visuals. Now, I usually am lucky to see one teammate in Mk XII.

I also maintain that I see a HUGE difference between PuGs with Science and without in ground STFs and that more Science is almost always a better team.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 440
# 5
09-18-2012, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I played a few elite STFs this past weekend and the difficulty seemed the same to me, but I've moved this to the PvE Gameplay feedback forum so the appropriate devs see it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Bud tbh here, its not the difficulty that needs fixing its the over crits on elites that need fixed then we can talk about difficulty adjustments. there is no point in setting up a good challenge if you get taken out too fast when they proc and they proc way to much from them to make them fun.
Click to visit Subspace-Radio
Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 202
# 6
09-18-2012, 06:26 PM
I've played a bunch of STF's the last couple days......haven't had any trouble with them, or with getting the optionals...and I'm playing on a new max level toon that's under equipped. And I haven't had any trouble with elites critting too much. Perhaps you are just finding sub-par teams, or your tactics/ SP distribution needs to be adjusted for STF's!
STOP THE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,202
# 7
09-18-2012, 06:37 PM
It's just worst pugs, many people are back for season 6 and are clueless about what to do with their chars in these instances. It's even more terrible since they restart it at level 50.

I've seen far more carriers not using pets, rainbow beams, cruisers tanking less than a bop not using cloak, or players with miniguns and turret kits in stfs since S6 is out. There are also many more demons now, ie tacs in cruisers, but i guess we'll never get rid of them.

Last edited by diogene0; 09-18-2012 at 06:39 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,472
# 8
09-18-2012, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
It's just worst pugs, many people are back for season 6 and are clueless about what to do with their chars in these instances. It's even more terrible since they restart it at level 50.

I've seen far more carriers not using pets, rainbow beams, cruisers tanking less than a bop not using cloak, or players with miniguns and turret kits in stfs since S6 is out. There are also many more demons now, ie tacs in cruisers, but i guess we'll never get rid of them.
Class and ship selection SHOULD be mostly unrelated. Are you saying it causes a disadvantage?
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 266
# 9
09-18-2012, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3xr34p3r View Post
Bud tbh here, its not the difficulty that needs fixing its the over crits on elites that need fixed then we can talk about difficulty adjustments. there is no point in setting up a good challenge if you get taken out too fast when they proc and they proc way to much from them to make them fun.
Have been on the receiving end of numerous one shots over the past couple days myself.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samir Bennal, Captain of the Onyxhammer
Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,416
# 10
09-18-2012, 09:19 PM
In general the STFs and the Elite STFs didn't get harder. HOWEVER, that Isometeric Charge ability from Borg Negh'vars does seem like things are much difficult when you're group gets obliterated in one shot. Of course it's easy to avoid this by staying out of the front arc.

The only other thing that makes STFs seem difficult is the players themselves, which which a good group, it's smooth sailing. But with a bad group, it can feel like an eternity.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:14 PM.