Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Rihannsu
# 11
09-17-2012, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusty8mac View Post
Right about 20 months. Not worth it, now.
I suppose you think that you won't keep playing that long?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-17-2012, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxinthesnow View Post
I have all the ships/outfits I want, I also have hundreds of millions of ec. I'm on the other side of the f2p endgame, the only way to make money off of me now is the LTS.

What I meant was that we are around the midpoint of the games life, IMO of course. I don't see it going much longer than three more years, it can even end much sooner depending on the profits (or lack of) STO generates.
Wanna buy me a Recluse or Dkora? Pweeease?
Career Officer
# 13
09-17-2012, 05:46 PM
From a strict ROI viewpoint - at $300 for the LTS; (unless you have a LOAD of alts which in the long run offset some other C-Store costs); at the rate of the 500 Zen monthly stipend, it would take you 60 months (5 years) to effectively recoup that $300 inventment. After that you've 'saved' some cash (assuming you continue to find items in the CStore or Dilithium Store is you covert the Zen - that you want to obtain.)

I'm also one of the folks who's been LTS since day one in 2010 when trhe game launched; and I still like the game, so I have gotten a ROI at this point. That said, were I looking at an LTS today, I do not think I would find it worth the money. You'll get better enjoyment just buying what you like as they release it - and would still be supporting the game.

In the end though, the choice is yours.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Career Officer
# 14
09-17-2012, 05:50 PM
I can't see myself getting a lifetime sub anytime soon, although I am a month-to-month member. I'm seeing how it goes.
Click here to visit our website

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunasto View Post
Banned because I don't like your pictures eyebrows! They look like pinball flippers!
Career Officer
# 15
09-17-2012, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by medtac124 View Post
I can't see myself getting a lifetime sub anytime soon, although I am a month-to-month member. I'm seeing how it goes.
Smart man. I probably should not have purchased the LTS, but I was so drunk on the game back then. I figured that the game would keep getting better and better.

PvP has actually gotten worse since then. :|

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-18-2012, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
Smart man. I probably should not have purchased the LTS, but I was so drunk on the game back then. I figured that the game would keep getting better and better.

PvP has actually gotten worse since then. :|
I am sure many of us LTS thought the same way when we parted with our hard earned cash for that LTS way back at launch.
Career Officer
# 17
09-18-2012, 07:00 AM
Transwarped thread to "General Community Feedback", since it's Feedback of a General nature.
Captain
# 18
09-18-2012, 07:22 AM
I want to support STO too, but right now i can't justify even going Sub. There is just no incentive for me to spend $15 a month to gain access to the game that I can get in for free. I can then use that $15 to buy Zen and that stuff, that is 75% of the way to a new ship. Where as, if i went sub, I would have only 400 zen in 30 days... and a bunch of other perks I can upgrade and buy on my own.
Career Officer
# 19
09-18-2012, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I suppose you think that you won't keep playing that long?
I'll be here until they close the doors.

Since I am already a lifer, it doesn't matter to me.

If I were purchasing now, I would just get a one month sub, and convert to F2P after the month. The 100+ day rewards aren't worth the money.
Captain
# 20
09-19-2012, 03:50 AM
14$ a month ver's a life sub hmm i would rather save up for a life sub be cause for one you can unlock the Borg Officer two you get the 500 stipend per month and the date you bye your lifesub and three no more paying for the game other then the Z points.