Commander
Someone told me if they're up more Saboteurs spawn. I've never seen any difference whatsoever.

I am terrible at this game. I have 7 Lv 50 accounts.
Career Officer
# 2
09-19-2012, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdkraust View Post
Someone told me if they're up more Saboteurs spawn. I've never seen any difference whatsoever.
I haven't seen any evidence of this either, and have certainly actually seen turrets 'beam in' without any additional saboeurs appearing in the immediate vicinity.

Unless the case is that they don't necessarily spawn anywhere near said turret.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
09-19-2012, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Someone told me if they're up more Saboteurs spawn...
Someone lied.

I've seen no difference.

The only thing the turrets seem to do is to turn newb players who should be shooting saboteurs into not-really-helping-the-team turret hunters.
Commander
# 4
09-19-2012, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
Someone lied.

I've seen no difference.

The only thing the turrets seem to do is to turn newb players who should be shooting saboteurs into not-really-helping-the-team turret hunters.
And if you have a reasonable weapon you should have no issues killing turrets and Saboteurs

I am terrible at this game. I have 7 Lv 50 accounts.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
09-19-2012, 10:09 AM
Quote:
And if you have a reasonable weapon you should have no issues killing turrets and Saboteurs
Except sabs beam out while newb is trying to pop a silly turret that respawns 10 to 20 seconds after newb kills it.

Sorry if you think shooting turrets is fun and what you should be dong during stage 1, but it isn't. The only thing that counts towards the fleet mark math is the saboteurs. Spend time doing anything else but shooting a sab and you are just dragging down your team and your own mark count.
Captain
# 6
09-19-2012, 11:20 AM
I think that myth has spawned from the fact that if you don't waste time killing turrets and defenders, you end up having more time to seek out and kill Saboteurs.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
09-19-2012, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
I think that myth has spawned from the fact that if you don't waste time killing turrets and defenders, you end up having more time to seek out and kill Saboteurs.
Makes sense. If you spend more time actually killing what you are supposed to kill instead of the things that the mission info specifically says to ignore, you're going to get more sabs.
Career Officer
# 8
09-19-2012, 02:14 PM
I don't know what is so difficult for people to grasp in incursion, if you are observant and play around a bit you'll quickly see how it works.

Killing turrets does nothing, they spawn a set time after they are destroyed, I don't have an issue with eliminating specific troublesome turrets, but don't sit there and shoot it, its a running thing. Patrols are the same idea.

If people ever bothered to kill saboteurs they would see pretty quickly that the instant you killed one that it respawns somewhere else on the map. Sometimes it spawns right beside you, 3, 4, 5 times in a row, bam bam bam. This means there are a fixed number of saboteurs, if you have 2 or 3 capable zones covered and just 2 idiots shooting turrets those 4 or 5 fixed saboteurs can get pushed and stay in those zones wasting a lot of time. Linked spawning is a pretty common map trick.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
09-19-2012, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicha0 View Post
I don't know what is so difficult for people to grasp in incursion, if you are observant and play around a bit you'll quickly see how it works.

Killing turrets does nothing, they spawn a set time after they are destroyed, I don't have an issue with eliminating specific troublesome turrets, but don't sit there and shoot it, its a running thing. Patrols are the same idea.

If people ever bothered to kill saboteurs they would see pretty quickly that the instant you killed one that it respawns somewhere else on the map. Sometimes it spawns right beside you, 3, 4, 5 times in a row, bam bam bam. This means there are a fixed number of saboteurs, if you have 2 or 3 capable zones covered and just 2 idiots shooting turrets those 4 or 5 fixed saboteurs can get pushed and stay in those zones wasting a lot of time. Linked spawning is a pretty common map trick.
Exactly. Thats why when I find myslef with a group who calls out specific corners of the map they are covering (top right, top left, etc) and the last guy covers the middle, we get 30+ sabs.

When I get teamed with the cluster-effed turret-killing groups, we are lucky to get 15.