Survivor of Romulus
# 21
09-19-2012, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
Uh, wrong. The ship was used in variouse missons transferring diplomats to the Enterprise-D. It was used in the Battle of Wolf 359(Emissary), its was used in the blockade in "Redemption II". Its shown atleast 6 time in TNG and a few times in DS9. Actually TNG showed the Ambassador Class more often than the Miranda. Miranda's didn't start showing up often till major battles in DS9, because its a frontline cannon fodder ship. You need to go back and watch Star Trek because you memory is shaky.
You just contradicted yourself. You say that the Ambassador class showed more often than the Miranda, EXCEPT if you count DS9 where there were dozens of them? Why on earth make that bizarre qualification?

You also say that the Ambassador had more appearances than the Miranda in TNG, except that's not really true. In TNG it appeared in 'Yesterday's Enterprise', 'Redemption part 2' and 'Data's Day'. That's three, the debris cloud in 'Conspiracy' might be a technicality, but I wouldn't count it because the model hadn't even been built at that point and wouldn't be for another couple of years. Meanwhile the Miranda had three appearances in TNG - 'Unnatural Selection', 'Night Terrors' and 'Unification part 1' - oh wow, they're exactly tied for equal number of appearances! Yes the Ambassador sure did have an overwhelming number of appearances in TNG. Yep.

But then, I never qualified my statement by saying TNG only, indeed, why would I make a point like that? It's obvious from the context of my post that I'm counting the huge numbers of Mirandas we see in DS9's fleet battles. How many would that make it? 23 separate episode appearances according to Memory-Alpha; compared to the single instance of the USS Yamaguchi in 'Emissary', we never see another Ambassador-class ship in DS9.

I'm not entirely sure why you think my memory is shaky, when you simply could have gone to Memory-alpha and double-checked for yourself.
Rihannsu
# 22
09-19-2012, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon92518 View Post
Well...it's very *likely* the Ambassador will out-maneuver the current Galaxy in terms of turning.
Quite a feat, outmaneuver a ship that can only barely outmaneuver the Bortas.

Yes, law of averages would put it the Ambassador at turn rate 7, right in the middle of the Excelsior class turn rate 8 and the Galaxy turn rate 6.

Also considering its going to a event ship dont expect it to be as capable as the Galaxy class (well besides the T4) or the T5 Excelsior since those are pay ships, I am really not surprised at all you people are already trying to make it better that the Galaxy Retrofit.
Captain
# 23
09-19-2012, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Also considering its going to a event ship dont expect it to be as capable as the Galaxy class (well besides the T4) or the T5 Excelsior since those are pay ships, I am really not surprised at all you people are already trying to make it better that the Galaxy Retrofit.
First, we don't know if it will be an Event Ship, and I don't believe anyone's trying to make it better then the Galaxy R. At best we just want a T5 option in the C-Store to go along with a T3.5 option - just like the Excelsior.

As has been mentioned many times before, the plan seemed to be to make the Ambassador more science-heavy rather then tac-heavy like the Excelsior or engineering-heavy like the Galaxy. So we essentially are just getting another T5 cruiser. For many of us non-PvPers how it looks is far more important then how it operates.
Captain
# 24
09-19-2012, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stofsk View Post
You just contradicted yourself. You say that the Ambassador class showed more often than the Miranda, EXCEPT if you count DS9 where there were dozens of them? Why on earth make that bizarre qualification?

You also say that the Ambassador had more appearances than the Miranda in TNG, except that's not really true. In TNG it appeared in 'Yesterday's Enterprise', 'Redemption part 2' and 'Data's Day'. That's three, the debris cloud in 'Conspiracy' might be a technicality, but I wouldn't count it because the model hadn't even been built at that point and wouldn't be for another couple of years. Meanwhile the Miranda had three appearances in TNG - 'Unnatural Selection', 'Night Terrors' and 'Unification part 1' - oh wow, they're exactly tied for equal number of appearances! Yes the Ambassador sure did have an overwhelming number of appearances in TNG. Yep.

But then, I never qualified my statement by saying TNG only, indeed, why would I make a point like that? It's obvious from the context of my post that I'm counting the huge numbers of Mirandas we see in DS9's fleet battles. How many would that make it? 23 separate episode appearances according to Memory-Alpha; compared to the single instance of the USS Yamaguchi in 'Emissary', we never see another Ambassador-class ship in DS9.

I'm not entirely sure why you think my memory is shaky, when you simply could have gone to Memory-alpha and double-checked for yourself.
I don't need memory Alpha for everything, I own seasons 1-5 and 7 of TNG. There are a few episodes where they just transfer personel. You just confirmed everything I already said. I said Ambassador had more showing in TNG, while Miranda shows up mostly in battles in DS9.
Captain
# 25
09-19-2012, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
First, we don't know if it will be an Event Ship, and I don't believe anyone's trying to make it better then the Galaxy R. At best we just want a T5 option in the C-Store to go along with a T3.5 option - just like the Excelsior.

As has been mentioned many times before, the plan seemed to be to make the Ambassador more science-heavy rather then tac-heavy like the Excelsior or engineering-heavy like the Galaxy. So we essentially are just getting another T5 cruiser. For many of us non-PvPers how it looks is far more important then how it operates.
What are you talking about? The Excelsior is Engineer heavy. I owned and flew one.
Rihannsu
# 26
09-19-2012, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
First, we don't know if it will be an Event Ship,
Dan Stahl stated he wanted to make it a Event Ship, in fact the exact quote is.

Quote:
<Dev> dMorn@dstahl: re: Ambassador ship - it is currently scheduled for a specific storyline in a future Season (no details yet) but it is planned
This was back in June.

Quote:
and I don't believe anyone's trying to make it better then the Galaxy R.
Better turn rate and same layout as the Galaxy is not better?
Also lets see, the T5 Excelsior have 39,000 Hull as the T5 Galaxy have ... 40,000, you cannot average it out without being a joke since 500 hull points certainly do not equal 1 turn rate.

Of course that is at T5, nothing says we dont get a T3-4 ship or even lower.

Quote:
At best we just want a T5 option in the C-Store to go along with a T3.5 option - just like the Excelsior.
I have been assuming a T5 ship, also dont think they are going to do two visual identical ships even if you can do that with the T5 Excelsior its still using the T3 parts options as each is its own model.

The Ambassador only had one studio model, there were only two modifications after the Enterprise C (that was battle damaged), the Zhukov and the Yamaguchi with the Zhukov being the one with most modifications.

Simply put, there is about as much visual differences of the "cleaned" Enterprise C and the Zhukov as there are of the Enterprise E before and after its refit at Nemesis ... and we know were Cryptic had just stand in the issue of the Sovereign refit.

Quote:
I never heard of that "plan" since I been hearing about the Ambassador since I joined, only thing I know is that is "in the plans" and its supposed to be gained as a reward, apparently it will be on Season 7.

Of course with this game track record it might come in a box.

Last edited by f2pdrakron; 09-19-2012 at 07:00 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 27
09-19-2012, 06:58 AM
Quote:
I don't need memory Alpha for everything, I own seasons 1-5 and 7 of TNG. There are a few episodes where they just transfer personel. You just confirmed everything I already said. I said Ambassador had more showing in TNG, while Miranda shows up mostly in battles in DS9.
So what? My point is that the Miranda, Excelsior, and other classes showed up more often than the Ambassador - so it makes sense to see those ships more often than not, a point you didn't really address at all, except to say that the Ambassador showed up one more time in TNG than the Miranda (as a debris cloud no less, otherwise they were equal in terms of appearances).
Captain
# 28
09-19-2012, 06:59 AM
When come out with the Ambassador, i hope they come out with a new brigde package. These current free bridges suck and are not canon. The only onese I like are the Galaxy bridges but everything can't have a galaxy bridge. The bridges they have for Intrepid class is not the type of bridge in "Voyager," and they don't have any bridges that match the Excelsior class, Miranda, or the Constition Refit.
Captain
# 29
09-19-2012, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stofsk View Post
So what? My point is that the Miranda, Excelsior, and other classes showed up more often than the Ambassador - so it makes sense to see those ships more often than not, a point you didn't really address at all, except to say that the Ambassador showed up one more time in TNG than the Miranda (as a debris cloud no less, otherwise they were equal in terms of appearances).
What are you arguing about? I said TNG and you want to argue about numbers in DS9.
Survivor of Romulus
# 30
09-19-2012, 07:12 AM
Quote:
What are you arguing about? I said TNG and you want to argue about numbers in DS9.
What are you arguing about? You came into this thread taking issue about something I never said (I never said that the Miranda had more appearances than the Ambassador in TNG; I said it had more overall).