Banned
# 1 Hazard Emitters Broken
09-19-2012, 04:08 PM
ok, since the last patch i have been noticing hazard emitters not clearing vent theta and plasma, i have sat in combat on plasma fire for the entire duration with hazard emitters running, I thought they were supposed to clear hazards for the entire duration of the effect....however this is clearly not true as i sit there and burn the whole time wondering why the counter is not working at all....
Empire Veteran
# 2
09-19-2012, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkemisary420 View Post
ok, since the last patch i have been noticing hazard emitters not clearing vent theta and plasma, i have sat in combat on plasma fire for the entire duration with hazard emitters running, I thought they were supposed to clear hazards for the entire duration of the effect....however this is clearly not true as i sit there and burn the whole time wondering why the counter is not working at all....
I've heard this is from the immobilize effect of the warp plasma doff.
-X-/Pandas - Pheo

Last edited by xtremenoob1; 09-19-2012 at 04:18 PM. Reason: err durp
Commander
# 3
09-19-2012, 04:14 PM
Yea, it has ben this way for a while, mabye forever. I noticed it mabye a month ago. As long as you are out of the cloud it works fine but if you use it while you are in the cloud it will clear it for half a second, then you just get affected again. It definitely doesnt work as advertised.

I suggest Attack Pattern Omega or Evasive to get out then use emitters
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
09-19-2012, 04:15 PM
Quote:
odd, i just used it in my last pvp match and it worked fine, were you sitting in the plasma field? enemy using plasma weapons and they kept procing?
<a href=http://www.facebook.com/at.cakuzma target=_blank>Shai'la Thunderbird's Facebook Page</a>
Real Join Date: 2009
Shai'la Thunderbird's Facebook Page
Career Officer
# 5
09-19-2012, 04:33 PM
Noticed, video'd and bug reported it. I suggest a code merger from a branch that split off from before the fix was applied.
Fancy an exclusive, extended 21 day trial of eve online?
Sign up (heck, it's free for almost a full month, using the link) and see what you think.
Empire Veteran
# 6
09-19-2012, 04:34 PM
i have a feeling its only clearing on the first tic right now, based on me experiencing similar, but also having it work sometimes too
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 7
09-19-2012, 04:56 PM
Evasives first then he worked for me almost every time (w/o evasives it happened to move a little then get stuck again, so dontdrunk you may be right), with few exceptions when I assumed a doff proced... I'll pay attention more and see if it's broken.

Edit: Now I got a question, lol, is the warp plasma doff procing vent theta also?
Hear! Sons of Kahless
Hear! Daughters too.
The blood of battle washes clean.
The Warrior brave and true.
We fight, we love, and then we kill...

Last edited by trueprom3theus; 09-19-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Banned
# 8 nope
09-19-2012, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shailat View Post
odd, i just used it in my last pvp match and it worked fine, were you sitting in the plasma field? enemy using plasma weapons and they kept procing?

i was not even in the plasma, i barely touched it, hit HE to clear it and i just sat their on plasma fire
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
09-19-2012, 05:47 PM
Quote:
i was not even in the plasma, i barely touched it, hit HE to clear it and i just sat their on plasma fire
ok maybe it is bugged like everyone else is saying, good luck getting it fixed tho lol
<a href=http://www.facebook.com/at.cakuzma target=_blank>Shai'la Thunderbird's Facebook Page</a>
Real Join Date: 2009
Shai'la Thunderbird's Facebook Page
Commander
# 10
09-19-2012, 05:50 PM
Isn't it September? Yep, makes sense hazards is broken again. September is a broken hazards month on the calendar. Doesn't anyone remember last September?

It also lands on November, January, march, may, July, and on Christmas eve.