Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 735
# 21
09-20-2012, 05:06 AM
Are we sure this is a bug?

As long as you're in contact with the plasma, it makes perfect sense to me that the burn is re-applied dirctly after cleansing it. It's like trying to dry yourself with a towel while you're still in the pool...

The way I think it's working, is that every tick (second) the system rushes through all dot's and heals. The order of things today, is that the HE is just before the EWP in the que, meaning the EWP will be reapplied instantly after being cleared. If HE had been moved below EWP in the chain of events, it would be cleared instantly after being applied.

In short, you remove your DoT and get a brand new DoT every second! And really, this is all good IMO. It's not like warp plasma is OP or anything, and the way it works makes sense to me.

PS: The EWP animation is slightly smaller than the damage zone. This is total crap, and makes people catch fire without touching the animation. Would be much better if the animation was bigger, and you could brush it without catching fire!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 566
# 22
09-20-2012, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dassemsto View Post
Are we sure this is a bug?

As long as you're in contact with the plasma, it makes perfect sense to me that the burn is re-applied dirctly after cleansing it. It's like trying to dry yourself with a towel while you're still in the pool...

The way I think it's working, is that every tick (second) the system rushes through all dot's and heals. The order of things today, is that the HE is just before the EWP in the que, meaning the EWP will be reapplied instantly after being cleared. If HE had been moved below EWP in the chain of events, it would be cleared instantly after being applied.

In short, you remove your DoT and get a brand new DoT every second! And really, this is all good IMO. It's not like warp plasma is OP or anything, and the way it works makes sense to me.

PS: The EWP animation is slightly smaller than the damage zone. This is total crap, and makes people catch fire without touching the animation. Would be much better if the animation was bigger, and you could brush it without catching fire!
From what I've noticed, you are in plasma, click he, move a little bit, then plasma dot reapplies, then he ticks again but nothing happens. Before, you were moving after every tick of he, now you only move after first and are stuck after the rest he ticks. I was not sure though if it was because of the doff or not. This is why evasives and then he can take you out of plasma, since most times you're out after first he tick. maybe you can also try it later and post what you experience, lol, another competent opinion can't hurt...
Hear! Sons of Kahless
Hear! Daughters too.
The blood of battle washes clean.
The Warrior brave and true.
We fight, we love, and then we kill...
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 668
# 23
09-20-2012, 05:34 AM
It may not be as intended... however...

Seeing as Hazards is the wonder skill that cures everything... I'm fine with them never fixing this one.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 273
# 24
09-20-2012, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husanakx View Post
It may not be as intended... however...

Seeing as Hazards is the wonder skill that cures everything... I'm fine with them never fixing this one.
The game really could stand to have clears/counters for things diversified a bit, maybe a little more emphasis on Science Team as the game's panacea card instead of the miracle drug that is Hazard Emitters. At least then it's flash and gone with a potentially nasty opportunity cost, made even more interesting and less crippling if TT and Shield Balancing were split into two different powers w/ TT providing a useful offensive boost.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 438
# 25
09-20-2012, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husanakx View Post
It may not be as intended... however...

Seeing as Hazards is the wonder skill that cures everything... I'm fine with them never fixing this one.
cant get it to cure this strange rash...
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 668
# 26
09-20-2012, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutx23 View Post
cant get it to cure this strange rash...
Oh that's the Shelby Sensation, the HE doesn't much help with that.

Its transmitted through in game mail... if you see anything with the subject Orbz... just delete it.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 514
# 27
09-20-2012, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkemisary420 View Post
ok, since the last patch i have been noticing hazard emitters not clearing vent theta and plasma, i have sat in combat on plasma fire for the entire duration with hazard emitters running, I thought they were supposed to clear hazards for the entire duration of the effect....however this is clearly not true as i sit there and burn the whole time wondering why the counter is not working at all....
We can exclude the warp poo doff, because that just happened yesterday to me in PVE. yes, PVE. Warp poo'ed, flew out of the poo, still had 10 secs of hazard on me, but nothing got cleared.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 374
# 28
09-20-2012, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husanakx View Post
It may not be as intended... however...

Seeing as Hazards is the wonder skill that cures everything... I'm fine with them never fixing this one.
If they go down that path, I would want a drastically reduced persistence of the ewp debuff after either expiry of the cloud or exiting it. Whichever comes first. Also, there would need to be a lot of work done on the disparity between technical and visually represented boundaries of the plasma cloud. Not to mention the invisi plasma that sometimes rears it's head when there's a lot going on.

TLDR; he is probably too good vs ewp, but thete's a lot wrong with ewp in the first place, imho.
Fancy an exclusive, extended 21 day trial of eve online?
Sign up (heck, it's free for almost a full month, using the link) and see what you think.
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 846
# 29
09-20-2012, 10:07 AM
What that it's one of the only working holds/slows in the game?

We probably wouldn't see it as much if other CC abilities actually you know worked.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,082
# 30
09-20-2012, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husanakx View Post
Oh that's the Shelby Sensation, the HE doesn't much help with that.

Its transmitted through in game mail... if you see anything with the subject Orbz... just delete it.
penicillin.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:42 PM.