# 11
09-20-2012, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliftona91 View Post
That's okay, I'll just use my Lethean mind tricks to scare them off lol

*waves hand*

"This is not the thread you want to troll on"
lol, If it was only that easy.

But I hear even SWTOR has thier issues and gripes so I'm not suprised we in STO have ours.

What I am surprised about is the once again backpeddaling from the KDF when sources I had heard from where so hyper about finally working on the faction in the after glow of Vegas.
" We need to have the KDF fans voice thier desires so the powers that be see and are moved to agree with action.." or so I was told and led to believe. That with the promise of growth of Cryptic in the future seasons ahead we KDf may see some measure of being made closer to completion within them.

Instead we got yet another poli-speak interview with poor answers to the same old leading questions that only spin us back to being without hope for anything without being truelly answered.

Way to go Cryptic!! We are like a bastard being played between two unloving parents that niether want us or want us to go away.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 12
09-20-2012, 07:05 AM
I really think that they have crunched the numbers between what KDF brings in monthly $$$ vs some number used to calculate the cost of running the system for the KDF

If that $$$ is low - so it cost them more to keep the KDF than let it go they are deliberately letting it die out - a long slow death.

They don't what to kill it outright - even if it cost more than they make from it as it could spook some Fed players and investors - etc - so the best course of action is just to let it bleed out.

Just a hunch.
Empire Veteran
# 13
09-20-2012, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
I really think that they have crunched the numbers between what KDF brings in monthly $$$ vs some number used to calculate the cost of running the system for the KDF

If that $$$ is low - so it cost them more to keep the KDF than let it go they are deliberately letting it die out - a long slow death.

They don't what to kill it outright - even if it cost more than they make from it as it could spook some Fed players and investors - etc - so the best course of action is just to let it bleed out.

Just a hunch.
A hunch that may be right after all.
Why should the KDF fanbase spend money on a game that obviuosly doesn't want them and has a developer to scared outright say so?

Pay close attention RSE fans, after that new faction smell wears off you will be right there beside us wondering where the love went as the dinner plate passes you by.....
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-20-2012, 08:49 AM
I used to think the Devs cared about both factions. That they truly wanted to make both factions equal. But then again, I also used to believe in the Tooth Fairy.
Time played in game. as of 9/12/12 (on my mains) Total 2907 hours.K'zoontite has been on active duty for 34 days, 3 hours, Bot Fly has been on active duty for 55 days, 4 hours, Poppa Capp has been on active duty for 4 days, 12 hours, B'zooka has been on active duty for 12 days, 22 hours,Tater(fed) has been on active duty for 14 days, 10 hours,
Lieutenant
# 15
09-20-2012, 08:50 AM
That was a terrible interview. He could have just said, 'I hate the KDF...You do too, right?'

As to the idea that KDF players "move the goalposts", that's crazy. Here's exactly what I want in order to be happy with KDF.

Same number of episodes as FED has. Episodes that are KDF episodes, not FED episodes with names changed.

1 new ship for every 2 new ships FED gets. A clearly defined list of c-store ship consoles that FED will NEVER NEVER NEVER get.

1 new costume set for every 2 new costume sets FED gets.

Honestly, I don't think that should be difficult. I'm not demanding equal development time. I'm asking for 1/3 time on KDF and 2/3 on FED.

There's a perception (and rightly so) that KDF is not a full-faction. That perception will certainly influence a lot of people to not make a KDF character. Further, the fact that you MUST make a FED before you gain access to KDF might have made sense at some point, but with F2P, it's 100% pointless. All it does is cement FED as the default faction.

Now, admittedly adding a ton of episodes to balance the sides seems like a large task, but it is not. Use the Foundry. I haven't read the fine print, but I imagine it says something like...All content created with the Foundry is the sole property of Cryptic/CBS/PerfectWorld/etc. You have no legal rights to whatever you create.

And that means they can take your Foundry episode and use it for whatever purposes they choose. Give the creator 10,000 zen as a prize and "buy" their episode from them. Then rename it KDF #1 and change a few names, and we're good to go.

If they did that, they could fill out the KDF episodes with very little development effort on their part. Furthermore, it would almost certainly raise the level of quality of Foundry episodes. A lot of people would go the extra mile in hopes that their mission would get chosen.

If/when a Romulan faction arrives, there will be a massive uproar by KDF players that they're getting screwed. And I have no doubt that they will negatively influence a lot of players as to the viability of the Romulan factions. If people are worried that Romulans may be underdeveloped like KDF, you can expect them to be under-played as well.
Empire Veteran
# 16
09-20-2012, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Salami: overhauling that it is a significant amount of time and the vast majority of players even now after free to play are Federation so if we spent a ton of time making enough playable content to fill out levels 1-22 that is a ton of time that the majority of the payer aren?t getting anything new. So that is again just another judgement call that we have to make.
"A ton of time the majority will not get anything new???????"
Will not these resources have to be majorily moved to create a RSE, if even a minifaction, to be ingame with the DOffs, BOffs, Ships, social zones, Fleet bases, etc?
How is that any less of an undertaking that takes the "new" from the majority than finishing the KDF?
Does it seems less so of an undertaking, shift of resources or taking for the majority becuase the RSE is popular at the moment and may bring a certain amount of quick revenue with it?

The statement of the, " Majority would not get anything new" should answer the question any KDF fan has about our place in SFO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emperormak View Post
If/when a Romulan faction arrives, there will be a massive uproar by KDF players that they're getting screwed. And I have no doubt that they will negatively influence a lot of players as to the viability of the Romulan factions. If people are worried that Romulans may be underdeveloped like KDF, you can expect them to be under-played as well.
How are we KDF fans not to be insulted after years of begging to spend our money on something that we've been asking for, only to see the RSE (or any new faction) jump us in line becuase they waved thier wallets higher than we did?

Frankly its still insulting after two years to see the same crappy dodging from the Devs on the subject of the KDF. Though I'm sure its the KDF fanbases fault for not asking the right questions, much like its our fault the incomplete faction doesn't urge us to spend more money of KDF gameplay.

Last edited by bitemepwe; 09-20-2012 at 09:07 AM.
Captain
# 17
09-20-2012, 09:20 AM
... Do whatever. To be honest, I just don't care all that much about it anymore.

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 09-20-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Career Officer
# 18
09-20-2012, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
... Do whatever. To be honest, I just don't care all that much about it anymore.
And that right there is the root of our problem - lack of development breeds lost interest and reduces population. They need a PR department guiding their message to be unified, if Stahl says the future will hold a "If you build it, they will come" approach, then the whole team needs to echo it no matter how hackneyed and biased the interview.
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 5-5-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
Empire Veteran
# 19
09-20-2012, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnohd View Post
And that right there is the root of our problem - lack of development breeds lost interest and reduces population. They need a PR department guiding their message to be unified, if Stahl says the future will hold a "If you build it, they will come" approach, then the whole team needs to echo it no matter how hackneyed and biased the interview.
I agree with you, jnohd, they do need a unified front on the KDF issue.
Unfortunately like Drkfrontiers, I too get tired of finding hope and then watching it get dashed upon the rocks of "maybe, one day, its a desire, we are thinking about it"

I haven't started playing less becuase I have nothing to do in STO but becuase the things I have to do in STO have no purpose and do not make the KDf enjoyable. They really only remind me of how much storyline we are really missing and the only thing thats really wanted from me as a player is to spend money that doesn't help the KDF one bit.
Captain
# 20
09-20-2012, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
A hunch that may be right after all.
Why should the KDF fanbase spend money on a game that obviuosly doesn't want them and has a developer to scared outright say so?

Pay close attention RSE fans, after that new faction smell wears off you will be right there beside us wondering where the love went as the dinner plate passes you by.....
I know that it's a business decision not to say anything concrete about anything - but at least the Dev's really don't like the Head guy stringing the KDF fan-base along with more empty promises - (shameless, truely shamesless) so they try to let out the news that the KDF is going to continue to get the shaft without directly saying so and risking their job - it's clear that is what they are doing.

And all this "discussion" "talks" that they are having about the KDF is them being told to say: "it's being look at" or "working on it" and just play along like it's going somewhere. Some people just can't lie bold face and it come through when you talk to them - others well - you know who.

Last edited by levi3; 09-20-2012 at 11:43 AM.