Empire Veteran
# 31
09-20-2012, 03:52 AM
As the player of several maco elite/shadow operative/elite HG commander characters, I strongly disagree with that.

The only point of the leaver penalty is just being extremely annoying, and I'm very polite here. I see no reason why I should be forced to stay 30 minutes on a mission because there are lame players unwilling to listen to any advice and queuing themselves with chat turned off. In fact this leaver penalty is just a way to force experienced player to endure noobs for half an hour. This is very frustrating and often prevent me from pugging.

I would gladly pug more if I was able to leave if the teammates were doing crap and if they didn't read chat. And sometimes this leaver penalty makes me wish I could friendly fire them to death till they read and acknowledge the private message, and till they notice that no, this isn't a solo game you play to enjoy it the way you like no matter what, even if it means being a burden in a team.

There is only one translation for 'leaver penalty': experienced players won't share their knowledge.

Last edited by diogene0; 09-20-2012 at 04:17 AM.
Captain
# 32
09-20-2012, 06:59 AM
It is fine the way it is let's not change it.

It should not be messed with that 1 hour leaver needs to be left alone.And nothing need's added or Subtracted.I like it the way it is and it is a lot better this way.If people leave be cause they fail option then it's there fault that means they need to keep learning on how to do stfs and stop doing elites.

And Elite stf channel has be come a little to pugy lately.Too many noobs in the Elite STF channel and i do see what you guys mean but the timers are fine.If you know how to do them correctly then it is not the problem.It is the player's that do not know how to do stf's correctly and on top of this issue it is all the players that do not listen or follow directions correctly.
Commander
# 33
09-20-2012, 07:04 AM
if you guys haven't noticed by now
you guys can wait 10 to 15 minutes then your able to
leave with out penalty
Lt. Commander
# 34
09-20-2012, 07:26 AM
Some of these comments in this thread have been well. To Quote Steven A. Smith and Skip Bayless.

Asinine Asiten asieleven asitwelve and we got a couple that even reach asithirteen.

I'm a tactical pilot DPS specced with a full load of Mk 11 gear borg specced and tryin to get his hands on 12's. My Fleet's primary STF squad has a different operating timeframe than i do and that means i gotta pug.

Why pug stf's instead of fleet credit grind? Dilithium. STF elites drop a fair bit upon it of completion. Why do i need that? Because getting Zen is a pain in the ass. And because i only recently linked my account i cant use any of the earn zen offers for some reason despite having a level 50 and having played a long time. Zen is one of the two ways to get fleet ship modules. (Especially given their market price) And i for one want my fleet defiant.

You need dilithium to buy Zen especially if you're a broke mofo like me. The fact of the matter is however when people just ignore objectives come in improperly geared if not badly geared. And are not willing to listen to respectful and necessary advice you should have the right to get the **** out and leave them to their idiocy without being forced to do NOTHING for another hour.