Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lieutenant
# 21
09-19-2012, 03:25 AM
I'll put a dollar figure on what I think the LTS is worth at this stage of the game, f2p/2.5 years old. I'd be willing to pay $100 for a LTS "lite" membership without the $5 monthly zen funbucks stipend. Essentially, I'm willing to pay $100 just for the veterans rewards, and to support STO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Same old DOOM arguments. I remember those all the way back from 1 month after launch, over 2.5 years ago.
I just put it out there as a possibility, crytic has been very "cryptic" regarding the business side of STO. Besides, if I really thought STO was going to close down soon I wouldn't be interested in a LTS.

Last edited by foxinthesnow; 09-19-2012 at 03:29 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 22
09-19-2012, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
Smart man. I probably should not have purchased the LTS, but I was so drunk on the game back then. I figured that the game would keep getting better and better.

PvP has actually gotten worse since then. :|
I have to agree, I thought it was getting better when I bought mine then we get those overpriced EVA suits, fleet modules and Account Banks slots, not to mention the whole season 6 waste of time. If all of that was released before the sale my decision would be totally different.

I really want the KDF fleshed out and some more story missions, it's what attracted me to STO to begin with.

In the grand scheme of things, people don't get enough benefits for a LTS, to be honest you shouldn't have to wait the time for the vet rewards you should get at least up to the 600 day off the bat considering your spending what, 600 days worth of gold subscription fees in the one shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcom43 View Post
14$ a month ver's a life sub hmm i would rather save up for a life sub be cause for one you can unlock the Borg Officer two you get the 500 stipend per month and the date you bye your lifesub and three no more paying for the game other then the Z points.
If you're thinking the Borg Species is what will make you spend $300, I'd say you'll be totally disappointed. I bought mine for the increased storage slots. Having the amount of characters I do it was worth doing that rather than buying the extra slots in the c-store. I often make new ones and delete old ones.

The Borg was actually a bit of a let down. Pretty poor traits. Standard Human and Klingon are much better in terms of traits and the Borg only have a few unique customisation options, not wroth $300.

I'm of the opinion that the Borg species should have either of the following:

1. The base traits of the standard species (Leadership and team work for a Human and Honourable and Warrior for a Klingon) with a special Borg trait.
  2. Alternatively they should have the trait pool of the entire faction (minus a few race physical specific ones like seduction (Orion), mind meld (Vulcan) etc), showing they regained their knowledge from the collective and with no forced traits like the Alien species.
  3. Have the choice of what Liberate species you want to play, be it Vulcan, Orion, Lethean etc, all we superior traits to that of the standard species. You paid the money so I feel you should get something that is on par or better than the Joined Trill out of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Captain
# 23
09-19-2012, 07:04 AM
You could do what I do - pay the sub on a monthly basis.

This is cheaper in the short term, and while I personally believe the game will be around at least long enough to justify the cost of an LTS, I get something with the subscription - a voice. They already have a lot of your cash with an LTS. They get a steady stream of it with a sub. If I dislike something badly enough I can always close my wallet for a bit (or for good) and let them know /why/ I closed my wallet, and there's a chance that someone may notice if I write and complain about it.

It also helps that I don't really care about the Liberated Borg character option, although that's just me.
Community Moderator
# 24
09-19-2012, 12:34 PM
I would do it, if I got partial credit from my previous time as a full subscriber. I can't expect that they'd give me full credit for my 600+ days, but I really can't justify paying more than about $100 in one transaction.

Right now it's way more cost-effective for me to pay for Zen and sub a month at a time when it makes sense to do that (for various reasons). I stay on budget, Cryptic still gets my money, and we're both reasonably happy with the arrangement.

Now if they sweeten the pot for LTS at some point, that could change everything.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Career Officer
# 25
09-20-2012, 07:44 AM
lmao...

everything is too high in any situation. i want an Enzo (Ferrari) but its too high in price as well...go figure.
was sir_james_of_cadiz on cryptics forums...did not get to keep the name