Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lieutenant
As I've been playing recently, I've spent a lot of time on the Exchange and have noticed that what you type in the search field doesn't go away after you close the Exchange window. You have to delete it or log out to make it go away. Conversely, whatever you type in the search field for the UGC search goes away if you change tabs on the very same window and you have to re-search for it. This is particularly strange. It would be nice if it was split in the middle of the two. As long as the window hasn't been closed, the search field should remain the way you have it. As soon as you close the window, it reverts to empty.

Also, it's nice that we can toggle between things that are completed and in progress in the accolades part of the journal, but could we also have the ability to close categories that we're not interested in seeing? I'm talking about the way the DOFF system works, where you can click on the category and it folds up and then click it again to drop it down.

Could all the DOFF assignments that have a cool-down period be given a countdown clock? For instance, the newish ability to Exchange Officers apparently has a short cool-down period. It seems to be something like five minutes. But it would be nice to know that it's cooling down, rather than trying to run it again and finding that there's absolutely no one in your roster you can assign. Similarly, the DOFF contacts don't offer a cool-down time. They're just grayed out. Knowing when we're able to do something again is both convenient and important. Especially when you're trying to gain resources to allocate to a starbase.

Lastly, I'm sure that there's some sort of software development that is involved with this, but I'll ask anyway. Why is Earth the only planet from which we can choose to beam to orbit or to sector? I think, and I could be wrong about this, but I think that most of the people who are on a planet and then leave it are actually moving on to some other place entirely. Sitting through two load screens just to get back to sector space seems a little weird. Especially since we don't have to do it when we're leaving Earth.