Empire Veteran
# 11
09-20-2012, 03:31 PM
Well, whatever happens, I'll still play all three classes, because I like them For me, they were fun before, they're fun now, and they'll be fun for awhile.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Career Officer
# 12
09-20-2012, 04:39 PM
Tactical bashing is really off.
I have all 3 classes and when it comes to ground fighting tacticals are not that good.
The only isue with tactical captains is that they are as common as roaches so statistically you have much more chances to tumble on a whiner or n00b.

Last edited by drailh; 09-20-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 13
09-20-2012, 07:24 PM
And besides, Borticus has posted he's doing a few cooldown adjustments internally on Science Abilities (along with maybe a few Engineer ones).

It's not much info, or any indication of the final results, but it's clear the classes are being looked at. Maybe not with everything you like, but that's better than nothing.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Captain
# 14
09-20-2012, 07:38 PM
I'm personally just chuckling at all the people getting butthurt over ground combat PVP. Ground combat, for pete's sake. As if there weren't dozens of better, more realistic options for engaging in ground pewpewpew out there on the internet and on consoles. STO does space combat much better, and the alternatives for good space combat are notably more limited. . .imo, if you want decent ground combat, go play some other MMO, one actually geared toward that. STO should never have featured ground combat as heavily as it does now.
Empire Veteran
# 15
09-20-2012, 08:21 PM
I don't like that it was ONLY an engineering nerf, but...I am willing to let this one slide, because it WAS an exploit.

At least the best engineering kit (IMO) is still untouched, aka Enemy Neutralization, I'll let this one go without too much fuss.

Captain
# 16
09-20-2012, 10:17 PM
Another great example of PVP noise and nonsense spilling over into the game proper, "fixing" things that were never problems.
Empire Veteran
# 17
09-20-2012, 11:26 PM
I play all 3 classes, mainly tactical and I agree that science really needs a buff. I just levelled a science officer and I do feel they are under gunned and under armoured, in space and ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
I'm personally just chuckling at all the people getting butthurt over ground combat PVP. Ground combat, for pete's sake. As if there weren't dozens of better, more realistic options for engaging in ground pewpewpew out there on the internet and on consoles. STO does space combat much better, and the alternatives for good space combat are notably more limited. . .imo, if you want decent ground combat, go play some other MMO, one actually geared toward that. STO should never have featured ground combat as heavily as it does now.
Very well said, ground really needs a total overhaul and I feel should be aimed more towards a 3rd person shooter rather then the poor result we have. It could be so much better, but that could be said about all aspects of this game from KDF to traits and most that is in-between.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"