Empire Veteran
# 21
09-20-2012, 04:51 PM
Simply put, Cryptic is the worst company in the industry, STO is the worst run MMO in the history of badly run MMO's. They have no direction and they themselves are held hostage to the Federation fan base. Get a backbone Cryptic. We might only be 18%, but I get you'll feel it if we get up and leave. A 20% loss is still a big loss. You're really pushing us, once SWTOR goes F2P I'd watch out.

I can only devote time and money to one MMO and SWTOR is looking better and better every day.

I have simply lost what little respect I have from these (Cryptic) people. I might sound negative and I am, I am also pissed off. Pissed off at all this one sided crap, really you guys would make excellent politicians. Make a run for officer I say!
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Captain
# 22
09-20-2012, 04:55 PM
Hmm...

Word.

Well not to the TOR part though.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
Captain
# 23
09-20-2012, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
I agree with you, jnohd, they do need a unified front on the KDF issue.
Unfortunately like Drkfrontiers, I too get tired of finding hope and then watching it get dashed upon the rocks of "maybe, one day, its a desire, we are thinking about it"

I haven't started playing less becuase I have nothing to do in STO but becuase the things I have to do in STO have no purpose and do not make the KDf enjoyable. They really only remind me of how much storyline we are really missing and the only thing thats really wanted from me as a player is to spend money that doesn't help the KDF one bit.
I want to zoom in on the quote above about "the things I have to do in STO have no purpose and do not make the KDF enjoyable." First, let me say, "yes" to Roach's comment and say that this is precisely Warrior's Way #3, after the posting of the interview (24-36 hours it looks like).

We are warriors, part of a culture that is rich in lore, legend, and story. What a tragedy that our faction is the one most neglected in the area of story content. But the problem with story goes well beyond just a lack in KDF. End-game and PvE content has little to no connection with the larger STO grand narrative of the KDF/Fed war. No matter how much PvP, PvE, etc. I do, the story goes NOWHERE. The story is static. The fleet system is not much better in this regard. The Tholian narrative content is thin as paper. And some of the fleet events CONTRADICT the storyline (e.g., KDF fighting KDF).

A core problem in the KDF is not only lack of content but an overabundance of content that has little to no impact on or connection to the larger STO story.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Empire Veteran
# 24
09-21-2012, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticmsfc View Post
Simply put, Cryptic is the worst company in the industry, STO is the worst run MMO in the history of badly run MMO's. They have no direction and they themselves are held hostage to the Federation fan base.
I do not think Cryptic is the worst company in MMO gaming.

I do think they made the worst decisions in attempting to fix many problems that have plaqued them since the begining and still fail at fixing them years after the fact.

Your right though they need to pop the fed nipple out thier mouths and finish what they started before the game can possibly become what it can be, what many fans know it can be and have expected since STO was first concieved.
A grand story of the Star trek universe woven into one big MMO storyline that lets all fans of the genre find enjoyment and a place within it. Its a target they keep missing.
Money has been blaimed, bad direction has been blaimed. The truth is if they make STO for for everybody without favortism to one fanbase the everybody would be spending money somewhat happily and the game would grow past the same complaints that have been here almost since the first week of closed beta.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Rihannsu
# 25
09-21-2012, 07:47 AM
Quote:

How are we KDF fans not to be insulted after years of begging to spend our money on something that we've been asking for, only to see the RSE (or any new faction) jump us in line becuase they waved thier wallets higher than we did?
RSE fans have been here for as long as KDF fans have. We have spend money just like KDf fans, and we have heard the same promises just as KDf fans. Stop prettending we are some ungrateful brats, who just jumped on for F2P.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Empire Veteran
# 26
09-21-2012, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
RSE fans have been here for as long as KDF fans have. We have spend money just like KDf fans, and we have heard the same promises just as KDf fans. Stop prettending we are some ungrateful brats, who just jumped on for F2P.
Who ever said you are ungrateful brats?
The biggest point made by many in the forums for the creation of a RSE faction has been the latest Poll that shows the idea of RSE content firmly in the lead. That such a creation will bring money to Cryptic and STO if implemented.
That poll lead is the one of the reasons (imo) that Cryptic is entertaining the idea of starting the process of building a RSE, for the potential revenue such will bring as a new something new in STO.
Once again we KDF may be overlooked for the quick cash-out that something else offers.

Just like the feds defensive cry of, " We spend the most money. We deserve the most attention" the RSE fans saying, " Look Look, we are the popular choice. We will spend money." is a wallet waving attempt to get the attention of the Devs.

But the above has only a little to do with my post to someone elses statement that if they create an RSE faction the KDF will be in uproar for being percieved as overlooked again.

I never said the RSE where brats for wallet waving, I did not even imply it.
Only that we KDf have a right to be offended by it since we too have been begging for good reasons to spend money on STO for a long time but get excuses and reasons why its not possible "at the this time" for our effort.

So yeah it is upsetting and insulting to be waving our wallets for so long and even opening it to spend the money in support and have such be overlooked again becuase the bright and shinny new thingy will make a fast buck just to be most likely forgotten in the future for the next shinny thing that is sales pitched to us as STO players.

Fact is thats where most of our angst comes from, the fear of being once again overlooked and fed poor excuses on why while the rest of teh game continues to grow without us.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP

Last edited by bitemepwe; 09-21-2012 at 09:00 AM.
Captain
# 27
09-21-2012, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticmsfc View Post
Simply put, Cryptic is the worst company in the industry, STO is the worst run MMO in the history of badly run MMO's.
Cryptic is not even close to being that. I'm guessing you don't have much SOE knowledge?

Quote:
They have no direction and they themselves are held hostage to the Federation fan base.
Cryptic is being held hostage by the Fed fan-base? The same fan-base which has gone 2 years without any new Missions while the KDF have gotten 9 new Missions, Sorties, etc, etc, etc?

The simple truth is the Fed players blew through all the Missions the first month of the game over 2.5 years ago too, and have gotten nothing new since then. And on top of that we're expected to financially support the entire game via the C-Store.

So let me ask you this: there are 21 KDF ships in the C-Store. How many do you own? If you can't say at least 11 it doesn't seem like you're putting much effort into helping your cause. And yes, the cause is financial. If you want to change things you need to do so by having a financial impact not by just preaching fire and brimstone from your pulpit every day.

Quote:
Get a backbone Cryptic. We might only be 18%, but I get you'll feel it if we get up and leave. A 20% loss is still a big loss. You're really pushing us, once SWTOR goes F2P I'd watch out.
While you might be 20% of the player-base you're probably not even 3% of the financial base. I seriously doubt KDF players are buying Fed C-Store items each week that they can't use on their KDF just to be financially supportive.

At this stage of the game the only financial contribution you're making is probably via Lockbox Keys or buying Zen to sell for Dilithium for Fleetbases. You're certainly not buying C-Store items. Cryptic probably wouldn't even notice you're gone - assuming your impassioned speech could inspire more then a few dozen to leave.

It grows tiring constantly watching the KDF play the minority card: we don't have as much so we deserve more. The simple truth is we all deserve more, whether we're the 20% or the 80%. Just once I'd like Cryptic to say: "Hey Fed players! Here's a new Mission just for you for buying all the C-Store crap over the last 2.5 years!" I'd probably die from a heart attack if they did that.
Rihannsu
# 28
09-21-2012, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Once again we KDF may be overlooked for the quick cash-out that something else offers.
Am i really the only one on these forums that thinks designing the RSE and thinking about ways to implement it, is pretty much the best thing that can happen to the KDF??

A new faction means new PvP queues, a rebalance of cross faction content vs faction content.
Possibly new PvE mission with working cloak, an extension of the STO's story from a non FED viewpoint.

As I suggested in the other thread, maybe even more ship and console sales for KDF. New FED and KDF pve content, if we use the upcoming renown feature or other SB related stuff to aid the RSE (it is going to be on a romulan colony after all).

A rethinking of fleet partnerships. If they are willing to retouch some dialogs to make them more RSE appropriate, I really can't phantom how adding a third more KDF appropriate tree would take much time.

The full faction is dead, by thinking about a cash cow named RSE, that needs to find a new way of integration, the KDF can benefit.

Just call me CrAzY, but the argument that RSE fans should support the KDF, if they want to ever have a faction done right, cuts both ways.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Lt. Commander
# 29
09-21-2012, 09:13 AM
The Klingons have always been my favorite Sci-Fi "bad" guys. Followed by the Roms, then the Empire from SW.
My favorite Star Trek novels have always been the Klingon ones. ( "A Burning House" by Keith Decandido is one of the best IMO)
I might PO some of my fellow Klingons here, but Honestly, If the Roms make it into the game, I'll be playing them also. I only PVP, (at least in this game, where the PVE is stupid easy), so for myself at least, story-line is not as important as the PEW. Would I like a fully immersive KDF experience? Of course I would. Just as I'd like an immersive & complete Rom experience.
But with the completely stupid AI in this game I'd never enjoy it again. PVE here is like Tic Tac Toe. Except easier. Once you understand the mechanics, it sucks. And when it comes down2it, I'll be spending my $ on Romulan ships, not the Romulan story.
UNLESS they make the UI so horrid (like the blue fed one) that I just hate it. In which case i'll ignore My Rom just like i do my poor fed toons.

I play Cylons in BGO, & Klingons here. Playing the popular faction has always kinda turned me off.
I guess I'm just a rebel W/O a clue.
Time played in game. as of 9/12/12 (on my mains) Total 2907 hours.K'zoontite has been on active duty for 34 days, 3 hours, Bot Fly has been on active duty for 55 days, 4 hours, Poppa Capp has been on active duty for 4 days, 12 hours, B'zooka has been on active duty for 12 days, 22 hours,Tater(fed) has been on active duty for 14 days, 10 hours,
Captain
# 30
09-21-2012, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post

While you might be 20% of the player-base you're probably not even 3% of the financial base. I seriously doubt KDF players are buying Fed C-Store items each week that they can't use on their KDF just to be financially supportive.

At this stage of the game the only financial contribution you're making is probably via Lockbox Keys or buying Zen to sell for Dilithium for Fleetbases. You're certainly not buying C-Store items. Cryptic probably wouldn't even notice you're gone - assuming your impassioned speech could inspire more then a few dozen to leave.

It grows tiring constantly watching the KDF play the minority card: we don't have as much so we deserve more. The simple truth is we all deserve more, whether we're the 20% or the 80%. Just once I'd like Cryptic to say: "Hey Fed players! Here's a new Mission just for you for buying all the C-Store crap over the last 2.5 years!" I'd probably die from a heart attack if they did that.
Holy cow!! That is quite a drubbing from one of the posters that I consider to be the least biased and level headed on the board. Cosmic has put me in my place once or twice but you are really going down hard core, which is usually not your way - bad hair day? Not that I have been able to argue very well against your points in the past.

But in fairness to the KDF side(which I don't usually take) I don't think that the Fed side has been promised something over and over and over - only to be slapped back down a few months(or DAYS) later. So I can understand their frustrated more than some other players.

Frankly the only time I have ever seen a business treats a customer this way and not keep throwing them a bone every now and again to string them along - is when they have decided that the customer is not economically viable but are to slimmy to get rid of them all at once - just hoping that over time the customer will just get fed up and leave. I mean if they can't even dedicate the time to put out a costume or 2 that says volumes about how much they really want the KDF player to be there. (sorry I don't consider that grossly overpriced space suit you use a couple times to count)

Again just a Hunch.

Last edited by levi3; 09-21-2012 at 07:28 PM.