Lieutenant
# 1 Dreadnought Saucer Sep.
09-21-2012, 03:46 PM
Hello all

After some time after the latest Ask Cryptic , I'm still waiting the Galaxy X Dreadnought Saucer Sep. They said that it was going to be released in an update soon but its going to take long? because I want so much to play with this ship but without the saucer sep. it makes impossible.

Is there any release date +-? or at least this month??

Thx
Republic Veteran
# 2
09-21-2012, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caio492 View Post
Hello all

After some time after the latest Ask Cryptic , I'm still waiting the Galaxy X Dreadnought Saucer Sep. They said that it was going to be released in an update soon but its going to take long? because I want so much to play with this ship but without the saucer sep. it makes impossible.

Thx

I don't think there is any real recent info...they were planning to release it like early this year. But because there were problems with a Galaxy pack they were planning and they put it off.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-21-2012, 11:43 PM
I thought the official description of the Galaxy Dread stated that it could no longer separate because they installed that big-ass lazor cannon through it, and that therefore, ripping off the saucer section to fling at enemies like a giant kamikaze frisbee is out.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
09-21-2012, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkname View Post
I thought the official description of the Galaxy Dread stated that it could no longer separate because they installed that big-ass lazor cannon through it, and that therefore, ripping off the saucer section to fling at enemies like a giant kamikaze frisbee is out.
No they were working on it. It has been seen on tribble afew times and I believe somewhere in the description of the lance it refrences a "shotgun" mode for saucer sep.

Too lazy to hunt it down right now tho.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Empire Veteran
# 5
09-21-2012, 11:53 PM
Did some hunting myself and dug up this:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/AlLpWTGCQAA0DO3.jpg:large

But I recall the shotgun thing too, short range powerfull blast with wide arc. The Dread saucer sep never got finished yet because of some techincal aspects.

Added via Edit:

The STOked episode featuring the Dreads saucer sep, links to the time index in which the Dread chat starts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbgK-ko4z60#t=17m27s

Note that this was from Feb 2012 and is not recent.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.

Last edited by defalus; 09-21-2012 at 11:57 PM.
Ensign
# 6
09-23-2012, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caio492 View Post
Hello all

Thx
The spinal phaser get in the way of the saucer sep you want to break the spinal phaser
Career Officer
# 7
09-25-2012, 09:45 PM
Is working as intended now...

Moving on...
I AM THE HARBINGER OF HOPE!
I AM THE SWORD OF THE RIGHTOUS!
Captain
# 8
09-25-2012, 11:01 PM
No saucer sep for the Dreadnought. This would be the final nail in the Gal-Rs coffin
-> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- -> Click if you prefer the old forum design! <-
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-25-2012, 11:06 PM
I do remember them saying something about setting the Dread up for the saucer sep. there was some kind of graphical issue that they were having to work through. As far as I know it is still being worked on. but no there is no release date yet.
*Me*Why don't you just step away from the weapons console. You and I both know that you couldn't hit that cube, even if it was right in front of us.
*Junior Tactical Officer* But sir the cube IS right in front of us.
*Me* EXACTLY! Its right in front of us and you still missed it! Just step away from the console.
Captain
# 10
09-25-2012, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshl7889 View Post
I do remember them saying something about setting the Dread up for the saucer sep. there was some kind of graphical issue that they were having to work through. As far as I know it is still being worked on. but no there is no release date yet.
I don't think a "graphical issue" would keep them. I mean, the saucer sep on the "Monarch"-skin on the Gal-R still doesn't work visually. Since 2+ years.
-> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- -> Click if you prefer the old forum design! <-
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh