Lt. Commander
# 31
09-21-2012, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post

So let me ask you this: there are 21 KDF ships in the C-Store. How many do you own? If you can't say at least 11 it doesn't seem like you're putting much effort into helping your cause. And yes, the cause is financial. If you want to change things you need to do so by having a financial impact not by just preaching fire and brimstone from your pulpit every day.

While you might be 20% of the player-base you're probably not even 3% of the financial base. I seriously doubt KDF players are buying Fed C-Store items each week that they can't use on their KDF just to be financially supportive.

At this stage of the game the only financial contribution you're making is probably via Lockbox Keys or buying Zen to sell for Dilithium for Fleetbases. You're certainly not buying C-Store items. Cryptic probably wouldn't even notice you're gone - assuming your impassioned speech could inspire more then a few dozen to leave.
I have bought EVERY SINGLE Klingon C-store ship. I have bought a fleet ship, & will buy 2 more when my fleets starbase is a high enough tier. I have not spent a single dollar on any of my fed toons since i bought my Gal-X, over 2 years ago. I have spent $80 in the last month on zen buying Doffs & Dil to outfit my new ships. I have paid for a subscription since 3 days after the game was released, I haven't played my fed toons since season 2.Saying Klingon players don't spend $ shows your ignorance/bias whatever you want to call it.
Time played in game. as of 9/12/12 (on my mains) Total 2907 hours.K'zoontite has been on active duty for 34 days, 3 hours, Bot Fly has been on active duty for 55 days, 4 hours, Poppa Capp has been on active duty for 4 days, 12 hours, B'zooka has been on active duty for 12 days, 22 hours,Tater(fed) has been on active duty for 14 days, 10 hours,

Last edited by amidoinitright; 09-21-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Captain
This is what he said - I put the emphasis on "could":

"The Klingon Empire

The KDF faction has a long history of trying to establish itself and has suffered greatly from the "what is it going to be?" thrash. While there is a passionate contingent of KDF players at max level who want more KDF specific content, there is also a large number of players who pass on playing in the KDF because you cannot build a KDF character as your first. In either case, the KDF wants to feel established and have their own agenda in the game instead of always playing the "foil" to the Feds. The best way we could('but won't' - my add-in) tackle this issue is to take a ?build it and they will come? attitude and find a way to let players create Klingons as their first and primary character."

Where have I heard this before??
Empire Veteran
# 33
09-21-2012, 01:17 PM
Betweeen the three toons I play the most I own everything that is klingon that has been sold via the Cstore, most in multiples. I have spent money buying Cstore respecs, Zen buy the bucket load to get DL from and offered my monetary support in every way that has been afforded to me from the game.
There are not that damned many ways to spend money on a KDF toon and I will not buy 5 Enviro suits per toon just to be able to say, " Look at me Cryptic, I'm spending money."

Blaiming each individual KDF player for not spending 5 times as much on STO to match what a single Fed player may spend and saying thats why Cryptic puts no resources to build up the KDF is stupid.

15%, 18% or 20% of the playerbase can not be expected to spend like the majority to prove that we are a viable revenue stream for STO. We should be considered a viable revenue stream becuase we chose to play STO and spend our money regardless.
While any profit made via the KDF may never hold a candle to the feds, every dollar made through us is still a dollar more Cryptic has to put in the bank than they had before I gave it to them.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Empire Veteran
# 34
09-21-2012, 03:05 PM
When reading responses to questions from any dev, whether good or bad, remember you're seeing their personal opinion and it may not represent STO as a whole.

I figured they put things up on a board and then try to prioritize the list so to speak on what gets added and likely when. Yes, personal viewpoints can and do get mixed up in it, but hopefully the majority of developers/those who make it happen lol would like to see the KDF fixed and the Romulans added in as a fully featured faction.
Lieutenant
# 35
09-21-2012, 03:52 PM
So when r they changin the name from startrek online to Starfleet online ?
Captain
# 36
09-21-2012, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deano65ehg View Post
So when r they changin the name from startrek online to Starfleet online ?
That could very likely turn out to be not a joke!

They have backpeddled on the KDF and RSE in their comments lately - but not the Federation - they see it getting stronger than ever by their tone and text.
Empire Veteran
# 37
09-21-2012, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
That could very likely turn out to be not a joke!

They have backpeddled on the KDF and RSE in their comments lately - but not the Federation - they see it getting stronger than ever by their tone and text.
No they haven't, did you check the latest State of the Game? Not to mention the recent vote.

Of course, actions always speak more than words, and we've had plenty of words, but I am more hopeful now than ever before to be honest.
Captain
# 38
09-21-2012, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by startux View Post
No they haven't, did you check the latest State of the Game? Not to mention the recent vote.

Of course, actions always speak more than words, and we've had plenty of words, but I am more hopeful now than ever before to be honest.
"no thy haven't" what? Backpeddled on things said recently about the RSE or for the last 2 1/2 years about the KDF?? Your joking right?? Either you are new to the KDF or the forums because DShahl makes it a person point to change his story from one post to the next - about the KDf, About the RSE - about the stupid cloak not working - or "working as intended"

Seriously some KDF fan ask this poster if he is joking.
Commander
# 39
09-21-2012, 10:39 PM
For me the last state of the game reads for me as the typical "Yes we know and at sometime we will do something about it", especially since he mentioned the "Build it and they will come approch". Thats looks to good to be true and I'm very sceptical that Stahl and the other Devs will follow up on that.

I really expect them to turn up with any sort of exuse just to get out of that statetment.
Cryptic's shamefull history with the KDF

http://www.stowiki.org/User:Peregrin...ryptic_Studios
Empire Veteran
# 40
09-22-2012, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
So let me ask you this: there are 21 KDF ships in the C-Store. How many do you own? If you can't say at least 11 it doesn't seem like you're putting much effort into helping your cause. And yes, the cause is financial. If you want to change things you need to do so by having a financial impact not by just preaching fire and brimstone from your pulpit every day.
I own basically all the ships on the KDF so I have done my part thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"