Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6
# 961
09-19-2012, 02:26 PM
Hokay, this one goes up there as one of the worst stf's I've ever done, to the point I want to rename my cruiser U.S.S. Short Bus because I get saddled with some of the worst players ever.

I think my fleet has it in for me...

Anyway, so myself and two fleetmates are out part hunting and went into Khitomer Accord's Space Elite. I have both mk 12 Maco and Omega sets but they need an extra gun with them and i can always use the dilithium. So, after blowing the cube in the beginning i steer to the right from the spawn and head after the probes. A duty I've got down to an art seeing as I've had to do it since I joined this fleet months ago.

I digress again, so I go to the right to do probes. I'm followed by a science officer, in a star cruiser, weilding a couple tetreyon beam arrays, a couple polaron turrets, a quantum torp and transphasic trop. They zoom around the probes while I sit still and shoot and shoot and shoot with my antiproton/quantum set up doing betweem 700-1700 dps. This science officer, who we shall call "Skip" did no better than 300.

Already I'm groaning and thinking about how to deal with this side of the map. I blow up one of the generators on the transformer, then go back to probes. Skip destroys the other.

Enter the Cube....

I'm shooting up the probes and see Skip charge the Cube. I had to laugh and see the Borg devour her and target me. So once I'm done with the probes and "death ride" to the cube, blazing away and praying my shield will hold. Loe and behold, after a confusing few seconds I destroyed the cube, to my surprise (cubes give me a hard time, I freely admit).

Back to probes, then see Skip attacking the transformer, while the two gennys on the back are still running. So I fly around behind and destroy those to, back to probes, then start attacking the transformer. Killing the transformer takes a very long time as I have to divide my attention with the probes.

Advance ahead and the tranny's dead. Skip floats about, getting killed by the gate a couple times, then decides to go over to the otherside and goes after the gennys there. So now I'm left alone, to watch in awe as I kill probes seeing skip take on the cube and die horridly.

My fleetmates on the otherside eventually finish with their gate and zoom over to help, but not before I'm overwhelmed and destroyed for the first time.


Now then, defending against the probes turns into a farce because there's little coordination, and though myself and two fleetmates are in communication, the other two seem to manage to make the situation worse and worse, but despite their best efforts, we destroy the final gate.

Now enter Donatara....


Immediately she targets me and smashes my ship like it's made out of paper and balsa wood. Second time

My fleetmate, who don't have the higher level gear like me, still fight valiantly, but are also ripped apart time and again. This goes on for about 20 minutes as we try so hard to coordinate, but once Skip, and his friend...we'll call him "Bill" are targeted, they run to one of us and get us caught in the crossfire.

Now I'm out of minor repair components and am fuming beyond belief.

SOMEHOW, after another 15 minutes or so Donatara seems to get tired of smashing her toys and suddenly starts to die. By the Emperor's blessing we tear into her, but not before she destroys my two fleet mates one last time, leaving me with Bill and Skip to finish her off.

We finish her off and leave, nearly an hour because of two ships, one of them trying so hard to sabotage myself, then my fleetmates repeatedly.

Throne I hate rainbow boats....

Oh, and I died 9 times
The only thing between you and the vacuum of space is six feet of solid style...
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,096
# 962
09-20-2012, 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by indefatigable121 View Post
Hokay, this one goes up there as one of the worst stf's I've ever done, to the point I want to rename my cruiser U.S.S. Short Bus because I get saddled with some of the worst players ever.

I think my fleet has it in for me...

Anyway, so myself and two fleetmates are out part hunting and went into Khitomer Accord's Space Elite. I have both mk 12 Maco and Omega sets but they need an extra gun with them and i can always use the dilithium. So, after blowing the cube in the beginning i steer to the right from the spawn and head after the probes. A duty I've got down to an art seeing as I've had to do it since I joined this fleet months ago.

I digress again, so I go to the right to do probes. I'm followed by a science officer, in a star cruiser, weilding a couple tetreyon beam arrays, a couple polaron turrets, a quantum torp and transphasic trop. They zoom around the probes while I sit still and shoot and shoot and shoot with my antiproton/quantum set up doing betweem 700-1700 dps. This science officer, who we shall call "Skip" did no better than 300.

Already I'm groaning and thinking about how to deal with this side of the map. I blow up one of the generators on the transformer, then go back to probes. Skip destroys the other.

Enter the Cube....

I'm shooting up the probes and see Skip charge the Cube. I had to laugh and see the Borg devour her and target me. So once I'm done with the probes and "death ride" to the cube, blazing away and praying my shield will hold. Loe and behold, after a confusing few seconds I destroyed the cube, to my surprise (cubes give me a hard time, I freely admit).

Back to probes, then see Skip attacking the transformer, while the two gennys on the back are still running. So I fly around behind and destroy those to, back to probes, then start attacking the transformer. Killing the transformer takes a very long time as I have to divide my attention with the probes.

Advance ahead and the tranny's dead. Skip floats about, getting killed by the gate a couple times, then decides to go over to the otherside and goes after the gennys there. So now I'm left alone, to watch in awe as I kill probes seeing skip take on the cube and die horridly.

My fleetmates on the otherside eventually finish with their gate and zoom over to help, but not before I'm overwhelmed and destroyed for the first time.


Now then, defending against the probes turns into a farce because there's little coordination, and though myself and two fleetmates are in communication, the other two seem to manage to make the situation worse and worse, but despite their best efforts, we destroy the final gate.

Now enter Donatara....


Immediately she targets me and smashes my ship like it's made out of paper and balsa wood. Second time

My fleetmate, who don't have the higher level gear like me, still fight valiantly, but are also ripped apart time and again. This goes on for about 20 minutes as we try so hard to coordinate, but once Skip, and his friend...we'll call him "Bill" are targeted, they run to one of us and get us caught in the crossfire.

Now I'm out of minor repair components and am fuming beyond belief.

SOMEHOW, after another 15 minutes or so Donatara seems to get tired of smashing her toys and suddenly starts to die. By the Emperor's blessing we tear into her, but not before she destroys my two fleet mates one last time, leaving me with Bill and Skip to finish her off.

We finish her off and leave, nearly an hour because of two ships, one of them trying so hard to sabotage myself, then my fleetmates repeatedly.

Throne I hate rainbow boats....

Oh, and I died 9 times
Ouch! If only those rainbow boat players would take a few minutes to read about the game they're playing!

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 568
# 963
09-20-2012, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by indefatigable121 View Post
So now I'm left alone, to watch in awe as I kill probes seeing skip take on the cube and die horridly.

My fleetmates on the otherside eventually finish with their gate and zoom over to help, but not before I'm overwhelmed and destroyed for the first time.
OK, I can see how certain ships can struggle against a cube - occasionally they'll still get a lucky Crit in and Kill me on an Escort.

And I can see how a Sphere spawn after the other gateway was destroyed could overwhelm one player.

Quote:
Now enter Donatara....

Immediately she targets me and smashes my ship like it's made out of paper and balsa wood. Second time

My fleetmate, who don't have the higher level gear like me, still fight valiantly, but are also ripped apart time and again. This goes on for about 20 minutes
waitwhut?

Surely the two failboats just made your job easier here??

Fighting Donatra comes down to making sure she stays 5km away from whoever has aggro, and hitting your defensive cooldowns when she charges up the megabeams.

If you've no means of keeping her rooted, then just keep Tac Team, EPTS and Hazard Emitters up and orbit around her at high speed to stop her from flying too far away from your colleagues and that's pretty much it.

If all your teammates have poor DPS it's even possible to keep her aggro locked onto you by just firing your rear weapons at her, making it easier to keep her more than 5km away. I've "tanked" her multiple times on really bad PUGs with an Escort using just my three rear turrets. Pecking her to death quite literally, but completely safely.

I can understand the two skittleships not being much help - but surely your two (presumably halfway-intelligent) fleetmates and you could have managed to keep her 5km away and just ignored your remaining two teammates? If the failboats' DPS was rubbish then they'd never have a hope of pulling aggro from you three and causing Donatra to misfire her weapon or cloak, so you should have been able to just trio the fight without much trouble...

The only time I've been truly fuming with dumb teammates in a Donatra fight is when they start using Tractor Beam Repulsors to push her towards the tank. Now that is griefing...

[ <<<--- @Maelwys --->>> ]

Last edited by maelwy5; 09-20-2012 at 08:06 AM.
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3
# 964
09-20-2012, 08:45 AM
Had a good one on Donatra yesterday...maybe not worst but up there. For some reason I was getting targeted by her despite the escorts wailing on her constanly. Let my situational awareness go for a bit and ended up getting snared by the tractor probes.

Queue me saying "Let. Me. Go." and hitting evasive maneuvers...right into her death ray.

Cheers for looking like a moron lol.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 247
# 965
09-20-2012, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj1701e View Post
For some reason I was getting targeted by her despite the escorts wailing on her constanly.
Do yo have a bunch of skill points dumped into starship threat control? That could explain why she was targeting you.


I had another one of the classic losses today.

There I was....

Pugged into a cure normal.

Said 'Hi' as usual, no response.

Four ships raced to the Kang.

I went right.

All four of the other ships were fighting over who was guarding the Kang.

I was killing the right probes.

After a minute or two the right cube died.

The four ships at the Kang were still fighting over who was protecting it.

I flew by and saw that all four were Rainbow/Technicolor boats.

I flew over to cube 2 and started killing.

A few seconds later the optional was lost and within seconds of that, the Kang went boom.

Then the fight really began after I said 'four rainbow/technicolor beam boats at the kang and you still can't protect it.'

It was hilarious.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 176
# 966
09-21-2012, 07:26 AM
My "worst" STF experience was yesterday. I joined not one, not two but THREE STF's that had already failed optional, were full of rainbow ships and took over 15 minutes each after I joined. I also had two that I joined after the STF was complete and all I could do was eat the timer for no reward.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 32
# 967 Oops
09-21-2012, 07:25 PM
I had a bad fleet event today. Partly my fault.

Just before the event I decided to switch from a disruptor equipped cruiser to a phased tetryon beam/cannon escort. I was just short of Rear Admiral Lower Half when I tried it.

I saw that the mission was a failure from the start. All the other ships were either skittles or rainbows. One person dropped out within the first couple minutes. I tried anyhow.

I wasn't doing much of any damage. Nobody else was either. I died twice before the mission failed in the second wave.

Now for the really bad part.

JUST before the mission failed I realized my weapons and all the other power settings were at 50%. I raised the weapons to 100% and my damage figures jumped dramatically. But it was too late.

Mission failed.
Ensign
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 8
# 968
09-23-2012, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly1956 View Post
JUST before the mission failed I realized my weapons and all the other power settings were at 50%. I raised the weapons to 100% and my damage figures jumped dramatically. But it was too late. (
Is that what they mean by "Take weapons off stun."?

Roflmao. I love this thread.
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 426
# 969
09-24-2012, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly1956 View Post
JUST before the mission failed I realized my weapons and all the other power settings were at 50%.
Haha.

I've done worse. I've gone into events, PvP, and STFs and forgotten to take my ship out of "speed" mode.

There, now you feel better.
Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,096
# 970
09-24-2012, 08:31 AM
Had an instance of ISE that I can't really decide whether was good or bad yesterday.

I jumped into an existing game in my Fleet Sao Paulo - heaven knows what had happened beforehand, but the first generator had, by the looks of things, been taken out immediately prior to my appearance. It looked like the 10% rule had gone out of the window and there were spheres all over the place. The optional only had approximately two minutes left on it.

Needless to say it didn't look good - the team appeared to consist of a rainbow-boat Regent, a rainbow boat (well, to be honest only phasers and Polaron) Star Cruiser, an Odyssey that seemed to flying around taking pot-shots at the Spheres, and a Dreadnought that, to it's credit, appeared to have pretty solid DPS and looked as if it was running itself ragged trying to keep the Spheres in check.

Anyway, I flew in to assist the Dreadnought, since it appeared to be the only ship managing decent DPS, and we mopped the spheres up fairly quickly, with the other ships alternating between what they probably considered to be 'lending a hand' and exploding. Needless to say, the optional failed in this time.

We killed off the last sphere, at which point the Star Cruiser bailed - I assume that he was either annoyed that the optional failed or just a loser. Possibly both. Sadly the Regent, upon seeing this, followed him moments later.

So with only three of us remaining we move onto the the transformers. With only three players left, myself and the Galaxy-X player admittedly asked each other if it was worth continuting. We decided that there was nothing to lose from trying, and we therefore did.

The Odyssey player should fly an Escort though - I wouldn't say he was useless as such, but hit and run isn't the best (in my opinion) use for an Odyssey. We killed the transformers - I reduced two to 10% and the Galaxy X did the same with the oposite two, and we then popped them as quickly as possible, subsequently blasting the generator with everything we had, weapons batteries utilised, phaser lance, HY torps and rapid fire cannon. The Odyssey actually made itself quite useful by shooting at the spheres which slowed them just enough for us to take the generator down literally seconds before the first nanite sphere got within range.

The rest of it was pretty routine, but I suppose that this leans more toward a good experience than a bad one, as we did at least manage to finish it with a three-person team, though a prototype drop rather than two measly EDC's would've been nice!

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY

Last edited by reyan01; 09-24-2012 at 08:34 AM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:46 AM.