Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Ensign
# 1 Beep Beep Beep
09-20-2012, 01:08 PM
Anyone else hearing constant beeping. Is it the torps that are still alive when the enemy ship is dead? Something keeps beeping and it is getting annoying.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
09-20-2012, 02:08 PM
Are you or another player on the map using Tactical Team? That does cause a lot of beeping noise as it is redistributing shield strength to you or another players shields. It will still occur after an enemy ship is destroyed as the last few torpedoes or cannon bolts are hitting your shields.
Formerly: Ally_of_the_Force/Now: A Ticked Off Customer
Member Since 10-2009/Murdered 6-2012
NO TO ARC!!!
4 Year Veteran
Commander
# 3
09-20-2012, 07:21 PM
seems to be related to HY torpedoes, notice it more in fleet actions and mirror event. tac team makes a distinct sound different from the beeping so that's not it. but when i look around there's usually 1 torp just sitting there pulsing in time with the beeps. noticed another bug with HY's too, that when they hit they sometimes don't vanish, just sit where they were.

that and HY's in mirror explode strangely for being quantums. effects look more like what a plasma-quantum hybrid might look like.
Captain
# 4
09-20-2012, 07:23 PM
Some fed npcs now use 'emission seeking torpedos' (ionized gas sensor) these make a noise similar to the on in the VIth film but continue to beep after detonation.

I believe they are the culprit. (Think it's federation cruisers seeing as the constitution class is considered a cruiser and thats the c-store ship you get the console from)
Rihannsu
# 5
09-21-2012, 05:42 AM
The game has had a lot of semi-random noises since Season 6. One thing worth remembering is that the camera angle affects what you hear.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 6
09-21-2012, 02:53 PM
I keep playing War Games, but I am sure I have heard it elsewhere. At the end there are I guess HY torps left which beep... not mine.
Lieutenant
# 7 me too
09-22-2012, 04:24 AM
I noticed this the other day on my KDF and thought it was some kind of hull health indicator. It was doing it after combat.