Ensign
# 1 Need New EXE!
09-22-2012, 12:00 PM
Hi all I am a new player been playing a little bit now. I went to play today and the client said trying to update etc. Then said unable to connect to client. I have been browsing the forums and some people say that a new exe is needed. I have seen where some people have post the exe but they are out dated. So was wondering where to get it?
Captain
# 2
09-22-2012, 12:13 PM
Just delete it from your STO folder, and you should get a new one the next time you load the launcher...

That said: I havent ever seen one of thoose posts you talk about... I'd like to see a link to one.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Ensign
# 3 Here is one for you!
09-22-2012, 12:16 PM
Here is a link to an old one that I have tried and some of the posts as well http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=270847
Captain
# 4
09-22-2012, 12:25 PM
that is a old thread that was regarding a entirely diffrent problem that has since been fixed... Ignore it...

If you can load the launcher, do this:
In the upper right corner, theres a link called "Options". Click that, and find and check the checkbox "Force Verify".
Press ok, and log in, let the verify run, and you should be good to go again (takes about 30 mins).

If you cant load the launcher, the best thing you can do is to download a new copy of sto... its free and dosent take long...
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Ensign
# 5 Got it fixed!
09-22-2012, 01:07 PM
I was browsing around some more and found this post http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=378891 and after reading and trying it it works now. So if anyone has this problem in the future go here to this post to get the latest copy of the launcher.