Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 272
# 21
09-22-2012, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantrainor View Post
Fed ships are superior to kdf ships in almost every perceptible way
This ^
Quote:
Originally Posted by thishorizon View Post
fed ships are pretty much better all around
And this^

Doesn't it make sense that the prominent voices in the community (Fed) would give Cryptic no choice but to make them superior?
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,273
# 22
09-22-2012, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyandfrosty View Post
First problem. The bop sucks as anything but a sci ship against Skilled Players in most cases. Just because people like Thissler have ***** a square peg into a round hole and made the hole bleed cause they didn't use lube, doesn't mean it's still a good idea
I prescribe to the Thissler approach, and you're right. . .it's an iffy strategy. There's always the chance that your strike will fail, especially against skilled opponents, and if it fails you've gotta scramble out of there. It's not meant for slugging it out like a Fed escort, because quite frankly it can't. The Hegh'ta and B'Rel lack the firepower to really match Fed escorts in that role, which is why those who want that use raptors if they can, or the Vor'cha.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 485
# 23
09-22-2012, 08:11 PM
Ok,
Again there is a lot complained about here, so lets start with Sci being broken. Being that my only Fed is Sci, I agree Sci is a bit unbalanced. But this is a problem on both sides, not just Fed. Compared to Tac, Sci is far weaker in damage. And compared to Eng, Sci is laughable at healing. Long story short the Devs do know that Sci is way weaker then the rest and does need balancing. They are not going to ever balance it, but atleast they claim they will (they play Tac so they really don't care about Sci).

Now for the ships, more then likely you got schooled by a B'rlol. They are the weakest ships in the game, and all KDF ships get the shaft from Cryptic. KDF is very underpowered in ships, and not going to get anything worth while anytime soon.

So in conclusion if your point was that Sci captains are underpowered, you are right in that aspect. But KDF is way weaker then Fed in regards to ship quality.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,766
# 24
09-22-2012, 08:18 PM
Hahahahaha!
Thats just the sort of ego driven BS thats kept the KDF so constantly handicapped for so long.
I really apreciate such mind sets making our gameplay more difficult because of miss-the-mark speculation and biased theories.
Drivel I say to you OP, drivel.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 485
# 25
09-23-2012, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Hahahahaha!
Thats just the sort of ego driven BS thats kept the KDF so constantly handicapped for so long.
I really apreciate such mind sets making our gameplay more difficult because of miss-the-mark speculation and biased theories.
Drivel I say to you OP, drivel.
I could not agree with you more. KDF has been nerfed so may times I think they may soon offer you a special weapon. The [Nerf Beam Array Mk I] Heals target Federation ship 22,000 per pulse 10 pulse max... They would QQ if it was better then Mk I. But don't worry I am sure that will not happen... this week.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 507
# 26
09-23-2012, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupperswearing View Post
Science in game, borked.

Starfleet, many sci ships, only escorts with dual heavies, science borked = 1/3rd ships useless

Klingon, few science biased ships, cruisers are tanky escorts, more pew pew, no ships useless.

Ergo.

Fed = Borked

Klink = King
Going to restructure this so it makes possibly more sense.

Quote:
Dear Cryptic/PvP section

I have recently started pvp using a science ship and have no idea how to use one, nor how powerful they can be in the right hands. Therefore it must be that tacticals and any ship with cannons are overpowered and not my lack of experience.

Please give me some overpowered ship that can one shot tactical cubes cause I'd rather complain than seek advise or try and get better!

Regards

A Typical Newbie Fed
In all seriousness a lock would be good right about now with these sort of nonsense threads starting up.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,685
# 27
09-23-2012, 01:06 PM
When Thissler on Youtube will blow many ugly Klingun ships with a Fed escort, then I'll shut up!
After a fierce battle against the evuls a Fed Captain needs some relax!
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 846
# 28
09-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwrathforever View Post
When Thissler on Youtube will blow many ugly Klingun ships with a Fed escort, then I'll shut up!
*Decloaks* I like killing KDF and Feds too.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,685
# 29
09-23-2012, 01:52 PM
*Impulse Capacitance Cell - Evasive Maneuvers - EPtE3 - Full Power to Engines - Ramming Speed - Engine Battery - Deuterium Surplus*

Sorry, I remembered that my comfort Officer is awaiting me...
After a fierce battle against the evuls a Fed Captain needs some relax!
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,273
# 30
09-23-2012, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwrathforever View Post
When Thissler on Youtube will blow many ugly Klingun ships with a Fed escort, then I'll shut up!
She could do it with a Defiant, with some modifications to her escape plans (stock up on purple evasive conn doffs, etc). The Defiant has exactly the same ambush-strike capability of a BoP, but it does it noticeably better due to the extra tac console (which could boost either torps or energy). It just has to work a little harder to escape, because it has to be out of combat to cloak. You could try using a photonic displacer, or mask energy signature, jam sensors if only being chased by one person, or the 1-2 other things that boost stealth/confuse the enemy.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:54 PM.