Captain
# 11
09-22-2012, 08:40 PM
Advanced Research Vessel Retrofit+ MACO Shields+ Ablative Shielding+ Reverse Shield Polarity+ Charged Particle Burst+ Feedback Pulse+ Torp High Yield 1+ Torp Spread 2+ Max Aux Power+ equiping it with nothing but torps.

Do you see the problem I am seeing?
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 12
09-22-2012, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Advanced Research Vessel Retrofit+ MACO Shields+ Ablative Shielding+ Reverse Shield Polarity+ Charged Particle Burst+ Feedback Pulse+ Torp High Yield 1+ Torp Spread 2+ Max Aux Power+ equiping it with nothing but torps.

Do you see the problem I am seeing?
I can't understand why by 2409 Ablative generators have not been outfitted on all Starfleet ships. It does not make sense.
Empire Veteran
# 13
09-22-2012, 10:06 PM
As somebody else said, the Akira is a ship with the side-mounted torp launchers, allowing to shoot this massive volley of them in the first place, so it makes the most sense to keep it there.

I own an Armitage, and while I might use the console on other ships if it was no longer bound to it, I dunno...it isn't OP, that's true...just...doesn't seem that it would actually work on other ships.

Ablative Generator will never happen, not so much because it doesn't make sense, but more along the lines of...they'd have to make the ablative animation and such for EVERY single Federation ship (and lockbox ship) they currently have, and will have in the future.

Captain
# 14
09-23-2012, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
Another way to screw KDF no doubt, not only would any ship have cloak which not even all KDF ships have cloak, we have no good worth while consoles at Tier 5. But silly me who cares about the KDF at all.
As much as I would love to turn this into a discussion about KDF discrimination, I am sure you can see that this would benefit KDF as well, as their consoles would have to be included in a transformation too.

Cool if you love KDF... Don't derail my thread please.

Back on topic, gracefully avoiding the attempt at derailing:

From my perspective, some of those consoles are naturally excluding themselves from being mountable on other ships:

As pointed out, seperation modules obviously don't make sence on a Defiant, so the galaxy and Oddy's unmount consoles would clearly not go well with other ships than thoose, but lets take a look at it.

But the retrofits only have one special ability, designed to represent the ones from the show, but the newer ships pretty much all have two.

The new Sov: Has the Riker Manuver, and the 180 Quantum (This can already be mounted on all ships according to the description).

Armitage: Hangar and TPDC

Oddy: SaucerSep/AquariusSep/Worker bee and Enhanced Slipstream

Bortas: BoPSep/CannonThingie/SubSpace Snare (does it have enhanced slipstream too?).

... and it dosen't exactly seem implausible that future ships will also have the 2-step-specialty layouts, so why not go 50% on it? One mountable on all ships and one that is locked to the ship?

To the lil KDF guy above: That would also in the long run open up for the KDF to get theese consoles through (shivers) grab-bags, as these consoles often make it into the money scam, and onto the exchange... Think about it.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Empire Veteran
# 15
09-23-2012, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
A

Bortas: BoPSep/CannonThingie/SubSpace Snare (does it have enhanced slipstream too?).

... and it dosen't exactly seem implausible that future ships will also have the 2-step-specialty layouts, so why not go 50% on it? One mountable on all ships and one that is locked to the ship?
The Bortasqu' doesn't have Enhanced Slipstream Drive.

Also, as a player of both sides fairly equally, yeah, I'd be ok with that kind of a method in the future. One permanent feature, one removable feature.

Rihannsu
# 16
09-23-2012, 11:06 AM
As much fun as it would be, as a gamer, to mount this console on any ship just like the phaser point defense system, I must say I agree with Cryptic's decision to limit it to just the Armitage, as the ability to fire a huge volley of torpedoes is dependent on the Akira/Armitage's weapons pod design with a ridiculous number of torpedo launchers crammed into a nice, centrally-located spot on the ship. Torp spread III is already pretty impressive, anyway.

The other Tier 5 C-point ships' special consoles likewise are all abilities that are pretty closely tied to those particular ships. I could see the Ablative generator going on other ships perhaps, but probably not the others.

I do really like the above idea of two features on endgame c-store ships...one "open" and one tied to that particular ship. It certainly made getting the Regent a no-brainer, as I wanted to try out that torpedo on my sluggish carriers and cruisers and even some science ships.

Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
Founding member, Special Service Squadron
"Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher
Rihannsu
# 17
09-23-2012, 11:24 AM
There should be a Quantum Version for other ships.
Captain
# 18
09-23-2012, 12:17 PM
having to do the animation for each ship to carry the ablative is the only logical stumbling block.

The Ablative generators were outfitted to Voy in deep space by guys walking on the hull! Surely it would be a logical thing and easy to do in a shipyard. I have the Intrepid with the console running and in a pitch it is by far the best defesive console out there - you are basically invinsible while active and you can still use Torps and almost all other BO - and special powers for each class of toon(tac/eng/sci) Of course a lot of people will claim balance issues but it does take up a console slot and it has a long cooldown - so its not like you can just pop it every time an enemy gets your shield down.

And it was not a technology the was designed for the interpid class - it was designed for ALL starfleet ships so there is Zero reason other than the annimation from making it usefull on all Fed ships.

Note to Devs/DShahl:

However, i am sure if they did take the time to do the annimation then they would sell like 100,000 interpids at the C-store. Everyone would buy oned to get that to instal on their ship. So I think that would cover the dev annimation time!

Last edited by levi3; 09-23-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Captain
# 19
09-23-2012, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
The Bortasqu' doesn't have Enhanced Slipstream Drive.

Also, as a player of both sides fairly equally, yeah, I'd be ok with that kind of a method in the future. One permanent feature, one removable feature.
I geuss that was where I was heading... And they already turned down that road with the regent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theindefatigable View Post
As much fun as it would be, as a gamer, to mount this console on any ship just like the phaser point defense system, I must say I agree with Cryptic's decision to limit it to just the Armitage, as the ability to fire a huge volley of torpedoes is dependent on the Akira/Armitage's weapons pod design with a ridiculous number of torpedo launchers crammed into a nice, centrally-located spot on the ship. Torp spread III is already pretty impressive, anyway.
Well I can make a variant of my ship that dosent have that pod...

Quote:
The other Tier 5 C-point ships' special consoles likewise are all abilities that are pretty closely tied to those particular ships. I could see the Ablative generator going on other ships perhaps, but probably not the others.
Indeed... Then again you could say the same about the defiant cloak...

In both instances, such as I understand the system, They require individual textures for each costume part, wich is likely to be the reason why they don't.

Quote:
I do really like the above idea of two features on endgame c-store ships...one "open" and one tied to that particular ship. It certainly made getting the Regent a no-brainer, as I wanted to try out that torpedo on my sluggish carriers and cruisers and even some science ships.
And it makes sence... It would probably even increase sales, as there would be a good reason to get pretty much any ship, as you would be able to bring at least one ability along with you.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Captain
# 20
09-23-2012, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
I can't understand why by 2409 Ablative generators have not been outfitted on all Starfleet ships. It does not make sense.
From a story standpoint, no it does not make much sense, but from a gameplay standard? Yeah I can understand.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.