Lt. Commander
# 21
09-20-2012, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Put it this way: I had to buy the game just to play at launch, I bought an LTS, and I own every Federation item in the C-Store - Ships, Races, BOFFs, Uniforms, Pets, etc - and this includes some items I paid for that were eventually given away for free to everyone at FTP. And there are thousands of other LTSers just like me. The odds are you have not even come close to spending the type of money we have.
Quoted for truthiness and also +1'd.

I used to be able to play STO, but then Season 9 happened. | Join Date: Dec 2009
1000 Paper Cuts for Star Trek Online
Career Officer
# 22
09-22-2012, 12:16 PM
yea no i started before f2p i had to buy the game and then subscribe after about a month my wife told me if i wanted to i could buy the lifetime membership. I shelled out the $300 bucks for and ive spent another $800-$900 on cpoints and if they ever go and add new kdf ships or even a romulan action i will def pay more. If pvp gets the much needed revamp then cryptic can expect me to pay another $1000-$2000 dollars spent by me on zen even if i dont use them as a sign of my appreciation. So no you should not get a complimentary lifetime membership if u want it that bad then buy it otherwise just deal with not having it.

Last edited by reaper66688; 09-22-2012 at 03:38 PM.
Career Officer
# 23
09-22-2012, 02:31 PM
to be the jerk here, i would be pissed if they just handed out Lifetime "Status" to players like this

Cryptic/Perfect World, did not force you to spend "way more then" 300 dollars since January

this a is a Free-2-Play game now, you can play and be entertained with out ever Spending a Dime.

Now, on my Side I am a Beta-Life Time Sub, With Both the Steam Digital Deluxe and Best Buy Corrector's along with spending 30 bucks on month on "Vanity" items and such in this game

Now would i like if the Devs did more for the Long term people who dropped money in to this game before it was out, sure... But i am not going around acting like i am Deserve free stuff just because i cant be trusted with my Credit Card at 3AM

if you enjoy the game Keep playing, but you are not Special and don't expect to be treated as such
Community Moderator
# 24
09-23-2012, 12:52 AM
This thread's treading a line on flaming guys, let's be careful.

It's worth noting that you have been granted a new subscription type 'Free Lifetime Subscriber'.

This subscription comes with the following perks.
  • Ability to play the game 24/7 for free
  • Two character slots
  • Access to per character banks
  • Access to a range of starships, uniforms and gear for free
  • Staggered chat channel access

Ok, sarcasm aside, my point is that the F2P subs don't do badly at all, you get most of the game, I think what you're really saying is 'Can I have a stipend please?' in which case I'd ask why, as several others have pointed out, most LTS'ers spend more on the game than their Stipend anyway.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Lieutenant
# 25
09-23-2012, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
This thread's treading a line on flaming guys, let's be careful.

It's worth noting that you have been granted a new subscription type 'Free Lifetime Subscriber'.

This subscription comes with the following perks.
  • Ability to play the game 24/7 for free
  • Two character slots
  • Access to per character banks
  • Access to a range of starships, uniforms and gear for free
  • Staggered chat channel access

Ok, sarcasm aside, my point is that the F2P subs don't do badly at all, you get most of the game, I think what you're really saying is 'Can I have a stipend please?' in which case I'd ask why, as several others have pointed out, most LTS'ers spend more on the game than their Stipend anyway.

This reply in it's entirety wins
Career Officer
# 26
09-23-2012, 08:22 AM
I was a monthly subscriber for just under 300 days. During that time, I spent money on a ton of stuff that was not available to LTSers for free either. For RL issues, I cancelled and was away for a while. I came back and bought the lifetime because I wanted the perks. Seemed fair to me and I was delighted to see that Cryptic had shown their appreciation for my previous $$$'s by leaving my characters just how I left them. Now I am a Lifer and I still buy stuff from the C/Z-Store, I buy it because it's not available to me for free as a lifer.

If you wanted Lifer perks and bought the ones available in the store, then why didn't you buy the LTS in the first place? And if you didn't buy them, and instead bought other things not available as part of the LTS package, then you're asking to get for free something that others have paid because you bought some stuff that they also have to buy as extra. Not a fair request at all in my honest opinion.

As for the stipend, apart from not being enough to buy that many things, 500 Zen is not too difficult to accumulate during the course of a month if you are careful with your dilithium.

Last edited by redsoniavrel; 09-23-2012 at 08:31 AM.
Career Officer
# 27
09-24-2012, 12:42 PM
lol

I am a lifer and i have easily spent over $1000 on this game, not including the lifetime.. hell maybe $2000 USD I should get a few stocks gratis lol

Edit: Checked my history since Zen has been put in place.. in June.. $680 spent. lol too much disposable income. But atleast I have 2 Galor, 2 Jem Hadar Bugs, 1 D'kora, 1 Orb Weaver, and 1 Recluse

Last edited by vinru821; 09-24-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Career Officer
# 28
09-28-2012, 02:25 PM
Here is another option. Maybe those of us who subscribe monthly for say...25 months have the option to upgrade to the lifetime sub. Then we may have spent $375 in sub fees, but it might be another way to get some lifers onboard. Also the Lifetime Subscription Sales would still be full price for EVERYBODY. Maybe even 30 months, but not much more than that.