Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Career Officer
There are problems I am discovering with what I have in PVE where I mostly do STF's sometimes the invisible torpedoes just take down my shields and two seconds later bam im at 30% health or i blow up(still think its a bug). The second problem I have is in PVP my shields just don't last long enough to support the ship weapons wise its a joke in PVP to be honest anyway I need some help clearly as what I have is not working and its making pvp annoying.

What i have discovered is tactical commanders somehow can get through my shields very fast regardles if its Klingon or federation.

Would appreciate any help and yes I am prepared to spend $5.00 just to go and get a respec token.

This is what I currently have for weapons, consoles and skills:

two Tetryon Beam Array Mk XII [Acc][CrtH] [Borg]
one Tetryon Beam Array Mk XI [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]
one Assimilated deflector Array
one Assimilated Subtranswarp Engines
one Assimilated Regenerative Shield Array
two Tetryon Turret Mk XII [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]

Engineering console:

Neutronium Alloy Mk XII (uncommon) (+17.5 Kinetic Damage Resistance, +17.5 All Energy Damage Resistance)
Neutronium Alloy Mk XI (rare) (+17.5 Kinetic Damage Resistance, +17.5 All Energy Damage Resistance)
Ablative Hull Armor Mk XI (rare) (+26.2 Phaser,Disruptor.Plasma, Tetryon Damage Resistance)

Science Consoles:

one Assimilated Module
one Theta Radiation Vents
one subspace jumper
one Field Generator Mk XI (+17.5 Maximum Shield capacity)

Tactical Consoles:

Tetryon Pulse Generator Mk X (+26.2 Tetryon Damage to get the +30% ones it will cost me around 100m energy credits )

Hanger

two Advanced Danube Runabouts (has Phaser Array, Chroniton Torpedoes, Tractor Beam II)

Ship Stations:

Tactical :

Tactical Team I, Attack Pattern Delta I

Engineering:

Emergency Power to Shields I, Reverse Shield Polarity I, Auxillary Power to teh Structural Integrity Field II

Science:

Hazard Emitters I, Transfer Shield Strength II, Photonic Officer II, Charged Particle Burst III

Hazard Emitters I, Transfer Shield Strength II, Polarize Hull III

my skills:

http://i49.tinypic.com/34gk7pi.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/23ihyc3.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/za7bl.jpg
Career Officer
# 2
09-22-2012, 04:46 AM
also if you want I can go and buy ships just for their consoles to switch with the consoles i have currently
Rihannsu
# 3
09-22-2012, 05:13 AM
Your build isn't that bad, however, you have some CD issues.
Gear: Keep three part assimilated set, but switch the shields for maco X, XI, XII whichever is most feasible.

General: bind redistribute shields to your space bar, don't rely on tac team to do that for you.

BO:
TT1: APD1
EptS1: RSP1: Aux2Sif2 (alternatively ES2)
TB1:HE2:TSS3:VM3
TB1:HE2:ST3

DOFFS: 2x Shield Distro Doff, 3x System Tech (VM buff)
Alternatively: 2x Shield Distro, should always stay for the remaining three slots: Systems Tech, Flight Deck Officers, and Doffs to reduce CD on Sci Team, and Tac Team come to mind. There is a lot of room for free styling.

Consoles: Kill one of the armors and include a SIF generator: I never fly without eps console, but you only get something out of it when switching energy settings a lot.

SCi: drop most of you universal consoles: Keep Assim (and theta if you wish) and add either flow cap or a second Field Gen.

Tac: is ok.

You are short on Sci resist skills, and short on buffs for your own Sci skills. The atrox is a sci ship, after all. A respec can help you get more mileage, but see how you like the above changes first. repsecs are expensive after all.

Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013

Last edited by havam; 09-22-2012 at 05:16 AM.
Career Officer
# 4
09-22-2012, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
Your build isn't that bad, however, you have some CD issues.
Gear: Keep three part assimilated set, but switch the shields for maco X, XI, XII whichever is most feasible.

General: bind redistribute shields to your space bar, don't rely on tac team to do that for you.

BO:
TT1: APD1
EptS1: RSP1: Aux2Sif2 (alternatively ES2)
TB1:HE2:TSS3:VM3
TB1:HE2:ST3

DOFFS: 2x Shield Distro Doff, 3x System Tech (VM buff)
Alternatively: 2x Shield Distro, should always stay for the remaining three slots: Systems Tech, Flight Deck Officers, and Doffs to reduce CD on Sci Team, and Tac Team come to mind. There is a lot of room for free styling.

Consoles: Kill one of the armors and include a SIF generator: I never fly without eps console, but you only get something out of it when switching energy settings a lot.

SCi: drop most of you universal consoles: Keep Assim (and theta if you wish) and add either flow cap or a second Field Gen.

Tac: is ok.

You are short on Sci resist skills, and short on buffs for your own Sci skills. The atrox is a sci ship, after all. A respec can help you get more mileage, but see how you like the above changes first. repsecs are expensive after all.

aright I will make the modifications I was thinking a bit about the Point Defense System console and I don't mind spending $5.00 to respec as what I have there is when I was flying my dreadnought and clearly its not working here.
Career Officer
# 5
09-22-2012, 05:26 AM
I actually have a fair bit of advice here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangwolf1 View Post
This is what I currently have for weapons, consoles and skills:

two Tetryon Beam Array Mk XII [Acc][CrtH] [Borg]
one Tetryon Beam Array Mk XI [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]
one Assimilated deflector Array
one Assimilated Subtranswarp Engines
one Assimilated Regenerative Shield Array
two Tetryon Turret Mk XII [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]
Shrug whatever weapon type suits your fancy. I just happen to prefer the procs from either phasers or disruptors. But like I say whatever weapon type you like.
I would trade out those shields post haste.
the Borg set is cool.
No need for that neat Green tractor beam you get for 4 pieces.
3 pieces, hell 2 is usually good enough.
I suggest doing what it takes to get the MACO shields, and possibly deflector , and be running 2 piece borg , 2 piece MACO
But definately the shield.
I suggest the Paratrinic Shield Array you get from some Klingon Storyline mission in the interim until you get the MACO shields

Quote:
Engineering console:

Neutronium Alloy Mk XII (uncommon) (+17.5 Kinetic Damage Resistance, +17.5 All Energy Damage Resistance)
Neutronium Alloy Mk XI (rare) (+17.5 Kinetic Damage Resistance, +17.5 All Energy Damage Resistance)
Ablative Hull Armor Mk XI (rare) (+26.2 Phaser,Disruptor.Plasma, Tetryon Damage Resistance)
These all look fine to me.

Quote:
Science Consoles:

one Assimilated Module
one Theta Radiation Vents
one subspace jumper
one Field Generator Mk XI (+17.5 Maximum Shield capacity)
You are a big slow carrier that turns like a slug. You have no need for the Theta Vent (small fast ships dropping that cloud where it needs be, not big slow beasts like you). Also see no need for the Subspace Jumper. I'd replace these with another Field Gen and a generator console to match the Sci skills you run.

Quote:
Tactical Consoles:

Tetryon Pulse Generator Mk X (+26.2 Tetryon Damage to get the +30% ones it will cost me around 100m energy credits )
get the Mk XI Blues when you can. Tetryon is crazy expensive right now.
these are the right consoles for the energy you use, no issues there.

Quote:
Hanger

two Advanced Danube Runabouts (has Phaser Array, Chroniton Torpedoes, Tractor Beam II)
I like Danubes a lot.

Quote:
Ship Stations:

Tactical :

Tactical Team I, Attack Pattern Delta I
Maybe think about replacing one of your front beams with a cannon and change APdelta to a cannon skill like Rapid Fire. I am just not a fan of AP delta.

Quote:
Engineering:

Emergency Power to Shields I, Reverse Shield Polarity I, Auxillary Power to teh Structural Integrity Field II

Science:

Hazard Emitters I, Transfer Shield Strength II, Photonic Officer II, Charged Particle Burst III

Hazard Emitters I, Transfer Shield Strength II, Polarize Hull III
Why Photonic Officer ? Thats a Lcdr Sci Slot. You could Grav Well , and get all kinds of control powers with these Sci slots. Tractors, etc. Hold those enemies in place, lower their defense and let your Hangars do the work they are supposed to do. i would think about using those Sci stations for some control powers. get a Sci captain to train you Grav well 3 in the Cdr Slot. Just my approach in my carrier and it works great.

[/quote]

Okay. Buy the respec. This is where I have real advice.
You have A LOT of skills racked up to rank 9.
Look at the curve.
First 3 levels of a skill +10
Second 3 +5
last three +1

No Captain trainable skill requires you be above 6 in the associated skill.

If you respec and take some of those skills down to 6 instead of 9, you will have a ton of points to spend on things like engine performance, auxillary performance, armor reinforement, inertial dampners, some sci skills assosciated with the powers you choose.

What I am getting at is. If the skill is an Admiral Skill say (cost 3000 per rank)

Take Energy Weapons Specialization

You spend 9000 to get +30
The next 9000 gives you +15 more in the skill
The final 9000 you spend on it, gives you only +3 more.

In my build, those points are best spent on more varied skills that support my Science skills, like starship Graviton generators.

Also , remember your Doffs !
get good space doffs.
Flight Deck Officers are pretty much a gimme on a carrier.

k thats what I got. Hope it helps

Last edited by hippiejon; 09-22-2012 at 05:30 AM.
Career Officer
# 6
09-22-2012, 05:29 AM
Also , before you use your respec.
once you have it on the character.
Copy yourself over to tribble.
Do the respec there and make sure you are doing exactly what you want.

As Havam says, respecs are expensive.
Commander
# 7
09-22-2012, 05:57 AM
Hey and hope you set up your Atrox to be feared! My favorite ship, but I am tac so take this with a grain of salt.

3-peice Borg with MACO shield is the best.

DHC and Turrets are the best for weapons, but being an eng this may not work as well. If you have the EC give it a try.

Tac: TT 1, CRF 1 if you have cannons. If not then get one of the Attack Patterns.

Eng: EPtW 1, RSP 1, AUXtSIF 2. You can switch RSP for something else, but it is great agarist alpha strikes.

Sci: HE 1, TSS 2, TR 2. TR is up to you, I am thinking of changing it for PO and trying that.

Sci: HE 1, TSS 2, Anything here, ( I have PH 2 and TSS 3 right now.) GW 3.

Consoles: Eng is Armor. Just get the Neutronium armor.

Sci is Field Gentorators, at least 2. Then the Borg console.

Tac is Energy Damage consoles.

Hangers: I just use Prigtures. I Am a DPS Carrier if you have not guessed yet.

If you have any other questions then fire away!

Kyle
Delta Fleet Command
Career Officer
# 8
09-22-2012, 06:36 AM
I just remembered I have seen two extra problems that I just thought of in PVP i have seen some carriers use some sort of power sucking pet and as such I never notice my power going down to pretty much 0 and that is why I thought hey what about the point defence system console could that solve my pet vs pet issue?

Also I have not done anything yet just going to wait around here for more responses and then figure out where I want to go.
Rihannsu
# 9
09-22-2012, 07:27 AM
Your deflector and shields are not good, as was stated above. MACO deflector and shields are best.
Neutronium alloy is crap. Abltative and Tetraburnium are best vs energy damage and one Monotanium vs kinetic.
Your weapons are not bad, but if you can buy, get them with Acc3 modifier.
You don't need subspace jump on carrier. Put something more useful.
BO eng. skills are not good. Shields are more important than hull. Use skills that powering them up.
BO sci. are not well for PvP, as carrier is support vessel and damage absorber.

Regarding your survivalability: don't forget captain skills like change shield frequency, etc. You have to buff yourself all time in PvP.

Yes, Point defense system will wipe fighters.
Career Officer
# 10
09-23-2012, 05:07 AM
So after taking everyone's advise I went ahead and made a few modifications and I am happy with the result so far plus I had some great luck yesturday...

here is my current build and skills it works but I am thinking about replacing that engine with a MACO one...

Front: http://i48.tinypic.com/2e5nqyg.jpg
2 Disruptor Beam Array Mk XII [Acc][CrtH][Borg]
1 Disruptor Dual Cannons MK XII [Acc][CrtH][Borg]

Picture of Deflector, engine, shield: http://i45.tinypic.com/li5qv.jpg

Deflector:
M.A.C.O. Graviton Deflector Array Mk XII
Engines:
Assimilated Subtranswarp Engines
Shield:
M.A.C.O. Resilient Shield Array Mk XII

Back:
http://i46.tinypic.com/14t3dhj.jpg

3 Disruptor Turret Mk XII [Acc][CrtH][Borg]

Engineering:
2 Ablative Hull Armor Mk XI [Rare][+26.2 Phaser, Disruptor, Plasma, Tetryon Damage Resistance]
1 Tetraburnium Hull Armor Mk XI [Very Rare] [+28.1 Plasma, Tetryon, Polaron,
Aniproton Damage Resistance

Science:

one Assimilated Module [ Thinking of replacing with a third Field Generator]
one Point Defense System (enjoy using this in PVP vs other carriers and in PVE vs brog ships]
Two Field Generator Mk XI [Rare][+17.5% Maximum Shield Capacity]

Tactical:

Two Disruptor Induction Coil Mk XI [Rare] [+26.2% Disruptor Damage] [Will cost 150M to get +30% disruptor Damage don't have that money on me]

and here my skills. The reason behind Structural Integrity is at full is that it is kind of important to have along with 7 pints in Warp Core Efficiency as this will help with power levels. I was thinking about point some points in Starship Subspace Decompiler but I decided against it as the Particle Generators are a tad bit more important at this present moment of time...

http://i49.tinypic.com/2nkib60.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/359h20n.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/2znqpfs.jpg

my ship officer skills are now:

Ship Stations:

Tactical :

Tactical Team I, Cannon: Scatter Volley I

Engineering:

Emergency Power to Shields I, Reverse Shield Polarity I, Auxillary Power to the Structural Integrity Field II

Science:

Hazard Emitters I, Transfer Shield Strength II,Energy Siphon II, Gravity Well II

Science Team I, Tractor Beam II, Polarize Hull III

Overall I am quite pleased with the way things turned out I am thinking about changing the tractor Beam II to something else as I already have 8 runboats who can use their tractor beams. Any other advise to give would help a bit.