Lt. Commander
# 41
09-21-2012, 12:11 PM
hi
this might be a stupid question, but how do i update the wrapperor STO to 1.5.1? i went (package content) started the wineskin => advanced => tools => update wrapper => but still the same bug. if i go to this link http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com/tiki-index.php what do i have to download from there? i hope im not too "simple" on this
Lt. Commander
# 42
09-21-2012, 12:39 PM
nevermind, i got it to work!!!

doh, the highest congrats for your work! i really have to thank your for what you're doing. thank you!

greets
Ensign
# 43 Thank You!!!
09-21-2012, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdoh123 View Post
I just updated the first post for the STO UMV 1.5.1 version. Identical to 1.5.0 except the bug is fixed and the game should work fine in OS X 10.8.2 and 10.7.5

So upgrade to STO UMV 1.5.1 and everything should work again!

thanks... I just do what i enjoy, and glad other people can benefit from it as well. If you do want to donate anything, just donate it to Wineskin general donation, its always much appreciated. There is a donate link on the website that goes through Paypal.

http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com/
We so appreciate this! It runs even better than before! I'll definitely be donating to suppor this good public service!
Lieutenant
# 44
09-22-2012, 03:43 PM
Well, it works again now (mostly). It still crashes randomly and it seems to perform much worse than it did previously, and also now takes a ridiculously long time to start the game for no apparent reason, but at least I can doff some.

EDIT: Somehow shadows was on medium instead of low, that fixed the performance drop.

Last edited by celillarnon; 09-22-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Career Officer
# 45
09-22-2012, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by celillarnon View Post
Well, it works again now (mostly). It still crashes randomly and it seems to perform much worse than it did previously, and also now takes a ridiculously long time to start the game for no apparent reason, but at least I can doff some.
after a patch the first time it can sometimes take a huge amount of time to get logged into the game... nothing I can do about that sadly... but its usually really fast if its not right after a patch.

It only crashes for me in certain map types if I've been playing a while, like Earth, and some similar maps... unless i go in and turn the graphics down to junk... normally I just let it crash then log right back in and go about my business. Its not performing any worse for me though.
Lieutenant
# 46
09-22-2012, 04:44 PM
I've had crashes in virtually every map. I think it has something to do with VRAM, a few times I got an error like this: http://imgur.com/S4dhx

I've noticed that sometimes the game uses low quality textures randomly (some portions of ESD will be low-res, then I turn the corner and it's high-quality textures again).

Performance was because the shadows were set to medium rather than low for some reason.
Career Officer
# 47
09-22-2012, 06:03 PM
Quote:
I've had crashes in virtually every map. I think it has something to do with VRAM, a few times I got an error like this: http://imgur.com/S4dhx

I've noticed that sometimes the game uses low quality textures randomly (some portions of ESD will be low-res, then I turn the corner and it's high-quality textures again).

Performance was because the shadows were set to medium rather than low for some reason.
I've never seen that error... maybe only happens on some certain Mac config or game options?
Career Officer
# 48
09-22-2012, 10:21 PM
I have no idea if it's because of a recent Wine patch or the new OS X drivers in 10.8.2, but I'm noticing a significant increase in image quality in STO on my MBP at the same graphical settings as before the release of 10.8.2. I won't complain!

Thanks again for the wrapper (and Wineskin overall) doh.
Lieutenant
# 49
09-23-2012, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdoh123 View Post
I've never seen that error... maybe only happens on some certain Mac config or game options?
Well, I don't think I run the game using any unusual options. I have to run it in a virtual desktop since if I don't I get a black screen, but that's about it.

The Mac itself is a Mac Pro 2010 with a 5770, which is a bit uncommon but not that strange.
Career Officer
# 50
09-23-2012, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Well, I don't think I run the game using any unusual options. I have to run it in a virtual desktop since if I don't I get a black screen, but that's about it.

The Mac itself is a Mac Pro 2010 with a 5770, which is a bit uncommon but not that strange.
override->fullscreen is a virtual desktop as well... X11 is in fullscreen mode, but Wine is just drawing a virtual desktop.