Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Captain
Two separate tactical bridge officers each have High Yield 2.

In space, load high yield 2... then when the second high yield 2 is ready (15 sec global timer) load that one.

Fire torpedo...

only one torpedo is fired in high yield 2 and the second high yield 2 'charge' vanishes.

Why?
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Lieutenant
# 2
09-22-2012, 03:25 PM
Because that's the way Abilities work.
Career Officer
# 3
09-22-2012, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asraschaal View Post
Because that's the way Abilities work.
Wait, wha?! So you can't run Torp High Yield continuously, like you can, say, EPtS? If that's true, that is indeed very weird.
Captain
# 4
09-22-2012, 04:58 PM
I think its just how the powers work in game,

High yield is a modifier, click it once you get the mod, click it again you just put the same mod there, (your not getting two, just resestting the first one's time until it wears off)

As for the Emergencey to shields idea, that provides a insta-heal and power level boost, clciking a second one applies its effect, shield heal, and the same power level, (you dont get two boosts of power levels, just the same one that will now last longer)

A solution to your problem would be to use high yield, hold your torpedo fire, fire at opportune time then use yield again

Or just use one high yield and get an attack pattern skill in place of the copy :p
Captain
# 5
09-22-2012, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
I think its just how the powers work in game,

High yield is a modifier, click it once you get the mod, click it again you just put the same mod there, (your not getting two, just resestting the first one's time until it wears off)
That would make sense however the game does add a '2' tag to the high yield icon to show that there are two of them active.

The game should allow the first torpedo to be fired and take away one counter from the buff ability... and put the second counter boost into the second torpedo that is fired.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
09-23-2012, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post
That would make sense however the game does add a '2' tag to the high yield icon to show that there are two of them active.

The game should allow the first torpedo to be fired and take away one counter from the buff ability... and put the second counter boost into the second torpedo that is fired.
It does do that. If I hit torpdeo spread twice and hit fire the first spread shoot then the 2nd spread shoots.

EDIt jsut tested with High Yield same level and it failed to work

Last edited by pottsey5g; 09-23-2012 at 04:14 AM.
Captain
# 7
09-23-2012, 02:35 AM
i'm just now imagining the OPness of BO3 fired inbetween 2 seconds...i mean it is possible now, just needs a little practise.

but having torpedos fire directly after one another doesn't raise the total DPS, since the CD raimains...it would just be more bursty.
And with a little timing it can be done with the current system anyway.
preload HY, wait 15 sec...launch torps, activate second HY...wait for the tube to come online again (3-5 sec depending on type and DOFFs) ...fire again.
If you use 2 torp tubes you only have a 1 or 2 sec window to activate the second torp ability, but still doable.
Go pro or go home
Captain
# 8
09-23-2012, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
i'm just now imagining the OPness of BO3 fired inbetween 2 seconds...i mean it is possible now, just needs a little practise.
Well the second one would be a LOT weaker :p assuming your power level hasnt magically rengenrated :p

first BO = spike damage + HUGE energy drain
second = kinda good damage (due to fire at low power level :p)
Empire Veteran
# 9
09-23-2012, 07:42 PM
TI + BO3+(ApA +GDF+TF)+(EPTW or WeapBatt)+BO2 +(EPTW+WeapBatt) + CRF + Torp rinse and repeat when capable is not possible? Niether is HY2/HY3 variant?

Or is just abilities of the same tier, like twin THY3?

Because frankly I never noticed it wasnt working.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-23-2012, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post
Fire torpedo...

only one torpedo is fired in high yield 2 and the second high yield 2 'charge' vanishes.

Why?
You are doing it wrong. If you cast THY, then cast it again, it doesn't stack to give Torpedo Higher Yield or Moar Torpedo High Yield. It just recasts the buff that will be expended when you fire the torpedo.

How to do it CORRECTLY.
1. Cast THY.
2. Wait For THY to nearly finish recharging.
3. Fire Torpedo.
4. Cast THY again.
5. Fire Second Torpedo.