Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Captain
# 11
09-24-2012, 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
Well the second one would be a LOT weaker :p assuming your power level hasnt magically rengenrated :p

first BO = spike damage + HUGE energy drain
second = kinda good damage (due to fire at low power level :p)
well use your imagination...if that doesn't work a EPtW or a weapon battery inbetween. But imagination works for me^^

edit:
or read what roach (bitemepwe) stated.
Go pro or go home

Last edited by baudl; 09-24-2012 at 01:40 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 12
09-24-2012, 01:57 AM
HY3 and HY2 stack, so does HY3 and TS3. My B'rel torp boat would be quite useless if it couldn't use them at once lol

High Yield 3 and Torpedo Spread 3 are both torpedo abilities of the same tier and works fine, so it only doesnt work if you are running 2 identical skills of the same tier
Captain
# 13
09-24-2012, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankokuneko View Post
HY3 and HY2 stack, so does HY3 and TS3. My B'rel torp boat would be quite useless if it couldn't use them at once lol

High Yield 3 and Torpedo Spread 3 are both torpedo abilities of the same tier and works fine, so it only doesnt work if you are running 2 identical skills of the same tier
i'm pretty sure it overwrites the first one...are you talking about 2 torpedo tubes? that may be possible, but i'm pretty sure that if you use only one torpedo tube the first will be canceled by the second.
Go pro or go home
Captain
# 14
09-24-2012, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
i'm pretty sure it overwrites the first one...are you talking about 2 torpedo tubes? that may be possible, but i'm pretty sure that if you use only one torpedo tube the first will be canceled by the second.
No hes right number of tubes don't matter...

You can preload... any copies of HY that are not the same rank...

So 2 HY 2s... can't be preloads... or 2 HY 1....

However you Can preload HY 1 and HY 2... and fire 1 after the other assuming the pattern doesn't expire before you have another (or the same) tube ready to go again.

You can also preload different types of patterns... meaning
Any Torp Spread... with Any Hy pattern can be loaded at the same time and they will not expire each other.

This is a limitation of the system... it has existed since the game has launched... They are not going to do anything about it ... and frankly nothing is broken... adjust your build... Run High Yield 3 and High Yield 2... or Run Spread 2 and High Yield 2... and you will be fine.
Captain
# 15
09-24-2012, 06:51 PM
Ive been running two different high yields for a long time because its the only way it will work.

Its just that there are builds that are better for my ship setup that could use the two high yield 2's as a better alternative to HY3 and HY2 for example.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Career Officer
# 16
10-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husanakx View Post
No hes right number of tubes don't matter...

You can preload... any copies of HY that are not the same rank...

So 2 HY 2s... can't be preloads... or 2 HY 1....

However you Can preload HY 1 and HY 2... and fire 1 after the other assuming the pattern doesn't expire before you have another (or the same) tube ready to go again.

You can also preload different types of patterns... meaning
Any Torp Spread... with Any Hy pattern can be loaded at the same time and they will not expire each other.

This is a limitation of the system... it has existed since the game has launched... They are not going to do anything about it ... and frankly nothing is broken... adjust your build... Run High Yield 3 and High Yield 2... or Run Spread 2 and High Yield 2... and you will be fine.
Thanks for the clarifications. :)
Captain
# 17
10-02-2012, 08:35 AM
Been a while since I tried this, but there's something else to keep in mind...

Global Cooldowns.

This is when all BOff powers on a certain subsystem get a (usually) 15 second cooldown upon activation of a power in that class.

For example, activating Beam Fire at Will puts all beam-weapon skills on a 15 second cooldown - all my "target subystems" skills from being a science ship get hit with a 15 second cooldown, and my deflector system skills (energy syphon and Gravity well) do the same thing.

Now, it should be possible to activate a high yield, which gives you a 30 second firing window, then 15 seconds later activate torp spread, and fire off a spread of HY torps within that 15 second window.
Well, with the upgrade announcement leaving NX and Connie fans in the dust again, can we restart / revisit the T5 Connie and NX threads - since they will no longer be "truly" endgame ships... (after we get the T5 versions, it'll be time to see them added to the T5U upgrade charts too...