Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 100
# 21
09-23-2012, 04:02 PM
I think a better way to have handled the Fleet BoPs would have been to give them an extra Lt.Commander Boff slot. What makes the BoP so interesting to me is how versatile it is with its all universal slots. An extra Lt.Commander Boff would have played into that nicely. It would have allowed the BoP to kill better, heal better, or tank better - not just kill slighty better with an extra tact console. And compared to all the ships with the big shield and hull boosts, I'd say that would have been more than fair.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 22
09-23-2012, 05:20 PM
When I get my fleet defiant I will run it with 3 M12 purple phaser and 2 M12 purple Quantums for a nice declocking alpha strike.

I am thinking of getting my first c-store KDF ship to get the Isometric console - how does the ship(Vor'cha Battle Cruiser Refit )- console perform?

Last edited by levi3; 09-23-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,604
# 23
09-23-2012, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Yes, people did call for a playable Aquarius. But they called for it to be a small craft. Instead we get this sad, sad thing is best labeled "Partially Weaponized Graveyard With Impulse Engines"
It would be the carrier of small crafts given that it's big enough for a shuttlebay with a good three shuttles in it... and is bigger than a BoP or Jem'Hadar attack ship and a bit smaller than a Defiant.

That's literally how big the Odyssey is, that the Aquarius itself should be a mid-range sized escort by comparison.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,764
# 24
09-23-2012, 07:30 PM
I thought one of our Fleet Battle cruisers had 5 of console type arraingement?

Regardless I feel the fleet Somraw deserves a 5th tactical console.


Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
If you consider "no more" to mean "one" then yes.
And in case of the fleet ships that number drops to "none" (I know that's not an actual number).

It's actually pretty strange that the faction that practically has only warships doesn't get such a ship.
Instead there's that BoP with only 9 consoles and the same amount of hull as a Runabout.
*looks around*
Has anybody figured out what that thing is supposed to be good at yet?
Decloak fire crap it didnt die oh S#%&T BOOM respawn?
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.

Last edited by bitemepwe; 09-24-2012 at 05:07 AM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,549
# 25
09-23-2012, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nephilim83 View Post
I think a better way to have handled the Fleet BoPs would have been to give them an extra Lt.Commander Boff slot. What makes the BoP so interesting to me is how versatile it is with its all universal slots. An extra Lt.Commander Boff would have played into that nicely. It would have allowed the BoP to kill better, heal better, or tank better - not just kill slighty better with an extra tact console. And compared to all the ships with the big shield and hull boosts, I'd say that would have been more than fair.
Actually, if memory serves, the fleet Ning'tao does have another Lt. Cmdr slot, at the cost of having spit for hull and shields.

Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
I am thinking of getting my first c-store KDF ship to get the Isometric console - how does the ship(Vor'cha Battle Cruiser Refit )- console perform?
It's a good console, but you need at least one of the following:

1. Maxed out Particle Generators skill (and if you want, particle gen consoles)
2. Tactical officer buffs.
3. Multiple enemies, especially clustered together.

Also the Vor'kang itself, as a ship, isn't bad either.

Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,273
# 26
09-24-2012, 02:09 AM
[quote=bitemepwe;5814601]I thought one of our Fleet Battle cruisers had 5 of console type arraingement?

Regardless I feel the fleet Somraw deserves a 5th tactical console.


Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
If you consider "no more" to mean "one" then yes.
And in case of the fleet ships that number drops to "none" (I know that's not an actual number).

It's actually pretty strange that the faction that practically has only warships doesn't get such a ship.
Instead there's that BoP with only 9 consoles and the same amount of hull as a Runabout.
*looks around*
Has anybody figured out what that thing is supposed to be good at yet?[/QUOTE

Decloak fire crap it didnt die oh S#%&T BOOM respawn?
The Fleet Norgh/Ning'tao is pretty much suited for just that. The extra LTC console will help with shield tanking, but that low hull will definitely hurt it. It's basically meant for quick diving in and out of action, hopefully without everyone unleashing an alpha on you at once. . .just like the Hegh'ta and the Fleet Hoh'sus (which will do it just as well, if not better) are really gonna be used.

The Somraw is apparently a worthy buy, if you've got dilithium to throw around. That's what we'll have to use to really try matching the Fed fleet escorts. Tor'kaht, as well.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,045
# 27
09-24-2012, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
I thought one of our Fleet Battle cruisers had 5 of console type arraingement?

Regardless I feel the fleet Somraw deserves a 5th tactical console.
HMM, I actually like the Somraw the way it is *runs for cover*, perhaps a Fleet Quin will get such a setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Decloak fire crap it didnt die oh S#%&T BOOM respawn?
That's something I can do with a T3 BoP with the same look just as well.
It's just a lot cheaper.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,764
# 28
09-24-2012, 05:06 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
HMM, I actually like the Somraw the way it is *runs for cover*, perhaps a Fleet Quin will get such a setup.
I like the Fleet Somraw as well, though a 5th tactical console slot would only make it better.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 290
# 29
09-24-2012, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
While it's true that Klingons got shafted with Fleet ships...........except one. The Fleet Vor'cha is pretty much a must buy.

Many of us are calling her the "Heavy" Escort or the Battle Escort since she pretty much is a powerhouse that dishes it out and takes it as well. She actually gives Raptors a run for their money.
Which ship is that? There's no Fleet Vor'Cha listed either here or here.
Husker - RugBurn
Zaan - Mel'Kor - Zarek
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,858
# 30
09-24-2012, 07:54 PM
When you think about it, Cryptic gives a pretty obvious hint that the ratio of content of Fed vs KDF is 2:1

5-tac console fleet ships? 2:1
Mirror ships? 2:1
Story missions? Let's not go there... I'm just going to say at least 2:1

So... yeah. The KDF should get another 5 tac console fleet ship.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:01 PM.