Lt. Commander
# 1 Dev Chat: June 16
06-10-2009, 03:36 PM
Next Tuesday, June 16, at 2:30 p.m. Pacific time (we’re GMT -7 right now), we’ll be holding a developer’s chat in the official Star Trek Online IRC chat!

This chat’s focus will be on in-game movement, so be ready to submit your questions to the team. The chat is scheduled to last 30 minutes. If you can’t make it due to time constraints, we’ll be posting a transcript of the chat on the forums.

If you’d like to join us, point your IRC program of choice toward #STO on gamesurge.net, or click right here for a Flash client. And if you can’t make it, just reply with your question in this post’s comment thread. We’ll be selecting questions from the thread to put to the developers.

Link to the news article.

E: Just a reminder, folks: We'll be giving priority to questions about in-game movement. Like, getting from point A to point B, maneuvering, and so on. Other questions likely won't be answered in this chat due to time constraints.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-10-2009, 03:39 PM
is this part of the last ask cryptic? 12 I think
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Awesome! Obviously I'm pretty stoked about this. Can't wait to hear some depth into some game mechanics

EDIT: I made a thread about movement a week or so ago. The thread has what we know about movement thus far, what movement we see in the ST shows/movies, and just general talk of space movement:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...light=movement
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-10-2009, 03:50 PM
FYI from Cryptic_Rekhan:

Q: [18:43] <Pdt_the_confused> Cryptic_Rekhan will you all want some +m muting going on and having questions submitted via PM or will you want an open chat?

A: [18:44] <Cryptic_Rekhan> We'll +m it
[18:44] <Cryptic_Rekhan> folks can go to #talktrek for chatter or something

the IRC channel will be muted so most will not be able to type to the channel.
You will be able to send a message to an intermediary to ask your questions.

Details determined at some later point.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-10-2009, 04:04 PM
I cannot say enough times how cool it is they involve the community as much as they do.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-10-2009, 04:25 PM
Great idea--narrowing the dev chats really helps us get some more in-depth knowledge and will hopefully allow the community to give a little feedback on movement.

Just a thing: would this topic also include things like sector space, navigation, and elements of UI in addition to the more tactical issues that Tamgros has focused on?
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-10-2009, 04:46 PM
I'm not sure how well this fits into the topic, but it is a burning question that has been nagging me for some time. As I understand it, exploring unkown space will result in finding randomly generated systems. What I am wondering is will those randomly generated systems become permanent once found and if so, how will you be handling the constantly expanding data? Will you simply be expanding the server to accomodate or putting some kind of limitations on the number of generated systems?
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-10-2009, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdt_the_confused View Post
FYI from Cryptic_Rekhan:

Q: [18:43] <Pdt_the_confused> Cryptic_Rekhan will you all want some +m muting going on and having questions submitted via PM or will you want an open chat?

A: [18:44] <Cryptic_Rekhan> We'll +m it
[18:44] <Cryptic_Rekhan> folks can go to #talktrek for chatter or something

the IRC channel will be muted so most will not be able to type to the channel.
You will be able to send a message to an intermediary to ask your questions.

Details determined at some later point.
Will the 'Intermediary' be listed in the MOTD?
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-10-2009, 04:52 PM
Question for the devs:

How extensive is space flight movement? Will I able to run into a nebula and make a 360 loop and end up behind my enemy, Or is ship movement merely restricted to a horizontal level with perhaps an ability to elevate up or down a little without rotating the ship upside down?

Edited due to typo.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-10-2009, 04:53 PM
It says right click here..? But there's no link to anywhere lol
Closed Thread