Community Moderator
# 11
09-24-2012, 05:38 AM
I would love to see the Borg become threatening again...

I can rip apart a level 45 Borg Cube in 6 seconds solo and a level 51 Borg Cube in about 20-30 seconds solo. I could probably take a Tactical Cube out in about a minute solo...

And I would love to see the Borg vessels adapt their shields to energy weaponry like the drones do on the ground, and players be required to remodulate energy weapon frequencies to compensate.

P.S. I'm not taking any gameplay issues into account at all (though I can comprehend some of those issues), just stating what I'd like to see and more often than not, that's more canon elements mixed into our STO 25th century universe.
Twitter: @STO_Alecto | Voluntary Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums | Ferasan Shadow Force
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs.
Lieutenant
# 12
09-24-2012, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasukurobi View Post
My point here is that the Borg are not some pathetic carbon copy villain to be thrown in lightly. These guys are not the Ferengie or the Cardassians these are the BORG. They are the be all and end all villain of Trek.
Amen brother. I agree 100%

The borg should be terrifying and used sparingly. I do like the undine mission where you have to beam aboard, that's the only way you should be able to defeat a borg cube.

I really like the assimilation thing and I'm really suprised we don't have a mission similar to First contact where Borg get aboard and you have to hunt them down in your own ship before they assmimilate the crew.
Captain
# 13
09-24-2012, 12:00 PM
maybe they brought the borg into the game too early. would have made a nice addition maybe after 1 or 2 years.
But maybe cryptic is up to something more threatening...iconians?
Go pro or go home
Career Officer
# 14
09-24-2012, 01:35 PM
Ok, I'm a noob at this game and I haven't totally read up on the STO lore, but why are the Borg in Kerrat anyway? I thought that was a Klingon/UFP war zone. Please excuse my ignorance if this has already been discussed.
Captain
# 15
09-24-2012, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegepark2151 View Post
Ok, I'm a noob at this game and I haven't totally read up on the STO lore, but why are the Borg in Kerrat anyway? I thought that was a Klingon/UFP war zone. Please excuse my ignorance if this has already been discussed.
it has been discussed...nobody knows to this day
srsly...the first thing if they touch PVP...they should rethink what kerrat is...and make it a "reasonable engagement" between to factions at war.
Go pro or go home
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
09-24-2012, 04:37 PM
Thing with Ker'rat is, that it's meant to be a race between the factions to complete the PvE objectives, but we are allowed to fight dirty and hinder the other's progress.

Reality is this:

Some Feds actually try to complete the PvE part, possibly completely ignorant of the fact that there might be Klingons on the starboard bow.

Klingons hang around cloaked until there is sufficient numbes to gang up on unsuspecting Feds.

Some of both factions try to spawn camp each other, which is a mess, since at least the reset spawnpoint is broken and shared by both factions.

Occasionally people meet for a duel at the broken planet.

All this while some Borg cubes do the strechy dance.
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
09-24-2012, 08:17 PM
I don't know, I think the Borg are adapting to dealing with squabbling, imperialist star races with the occasional victim complex quite well...

http://i.imgur.com/gmAcZh.jpg

The Artist Formerly Known As Nikotaka ][ Join Date: Jan 2010
"Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers...?"
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
09-24-2012, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
...Klingons on the starboard bow...
I think I see what you did there.

We come in peace; shoot to kill?

The Artist Formerly Known As Nikotaka ][ Join Date: Jan 2010
"Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers...?"
Career Officer
# 19
09-25-2012, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post

All this while some Borg cubes do the strechy dance.
Awesome! I keep wondering if I'll get smacked when one of those cubes stretches several hundred kilometers. LOL.
Lt. Commander
Are you all out of your minds? What is the point of having an invincible enemy in a video game. The purpose of a game is to WIN. You also haven't been following the STF storyline. The Special Task Force is a joint Klingon Federation fleet that reverse engineers Borg technology to create the best equipment in the galaxy. THat is why the Cubes can't adapt, because modern 25th century weapons are reverse engineered from Borg gear. And as someone with an Odyssey class battleship heavily modified with Borg shields, engines, deflectors and hull plating, it is impossible to defeat the Borg on Elite by yourself. Take it from someone whose **** head teammates have abandoned him to fight the Collective on his own. You need at least a battlegroup to truly beat them. Especially in the STF missions. Oh, and in First Contact the cube was destroyed with Photon and Quantum torpedoes. Mk 9 Photon and QUantum torpedoes. Weapons in STO go up to Mk 12.
Closed Thread