Lieutenant
# 51
09-24-2012, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdoh123 View Post
override->fullscreen is a virtual desktop as well... X11 is in fullscreen mode, but Wine is just drawing a virtual desktop.
Well, I meant with override off, but that's not my real concern. My real concern is the crashes. Is there any way I can generate a log for you?
Career Officer
# 52
09-24-2012, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by celillarnon View Post
Well, I meant with override off, but that's not my real concern. My real concern is the crashes. Is there any way I can generate a log for you?
I know... i just meant if it works in a Virtual Desktop, you could work-a-round the problem by using Override->Fullscreen perhaps... and not be able to tell the difference while playing in that and a normal full screen.

There is no easy way to get debug info... but you can do some logging.

When you run it from inside Wineskin.app Advanced using Test Run it keeps Wine and X11 log files. There are many log channels available for Wine, but its set by default just to show warnings and errors, along with fixme which is just informational about things not 100% complete. Its possible to set it to run TRACE in certain sections to narrow things down... but to the crashing problem which seems graphics related or a possible memory leak, I haven't found a good way to narrow those down, but its not exactly my area of expertise.
Captain
# 53
09-26-2012, 01:38 PM
I have an issue. When the game patches and I click "Engage", the launcher disappears and the screen goes black, but it doesn't appear to be loading the game. I'm just stuck in the black screen until I give up waiting and restart the computer. What's going on?

EDIT: You already covered this on previous pages. My bad.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q

Last edited by psycoticvulcan; 09-26-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Career Officer
# 54
09-26-2012, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
I have an issue. When the game patches and I click "Engage", the launcher disappears and the screen goes black, but it doesn't appear to be loading the game. I'm just stuck in the black screen until I give up waiting and restart the computer. What's going on?

EDIT: You already covered this on previous pages. My bad.
yeah... you need to use version 1.5.1 if you do this... its a bug that started with OSX 10.7.5 and 10.8.2 updates... it broke all of Wineskin usage and XQuartz and Crossover... etc... and X11 issue. I think just about everyone has their software updated to fix it now though.... I rushed out a fix for Wineskin, and then built the STO UMV 1.5.1 with this fix in it... 1.5.0 and earlier will NOT run on 10.7.5+ and 10.8.2+
Ensign
Quote:
Originally Posted by asches1 View Post
hi
this might be a stupid question, but how do i update the wrapperor STO to 1.5.1? i went (package content) started the wineskin => advanced => tools => update wrapper => but still the same bug. if i go to this link http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com/tiki-index.php what do i have to download from there? i hope im not too "simple" on this
I downloaded the new version (STO UMV 1.5.1). but cannot figure out how to upgrade from my previous version. The instructions in the download say:

Quote:
upgrading from an old wrapper...
* Right click the Star Trek Online.app program, and select "Show Package Contents"
* Go to drive_c/Program Files and drop in a copy of the Cryptic Studios game folder
that Star Trek Online is installed to. (or from an older wrapper in the same spot)
However, there is just a 'Star Trek Online' app file in the download....no Cryptic Studios Game Folder. I already have a previous version installed and there is a Cryptic Studios Folder included when I 'show package contents'. What do I replace to get the 1.5.1 version running?

What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by johnnyjohnny1969; 09-27-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Career Officer
# 56
09-27-2012, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyjohnny1969 View Post
I downloaded the new version (STO UMV 1.5.1). but cannot figure out how to upgrade from my previous version. The instructions in the download say:

However, there is just a 'Star Trek Online' app file in the download....no Cryptic Studios Game Folder. I already have a previous version installed and there is a Cryptic Studios Folder included when I 'show package contents'. What do I replace to get the 1.5.1 version running?

What am I doing wrong?

Take the Cryptic Studios folder in your old wrapper, and drop it in the same place in the new wrapper.... done!
Ensign
# 57
09-27-2012, 02:11 PM
Got it! Thanks Doh!!

(P.S. Any chance you're working on a wrapper for Mechwarrior Online?)
Career Officer
# 58
09-27-2012, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyjohnny1969 View Post
Got it! Thanks Doh!!

(P.S. Any chance you're working on a wrapper for Mechwarrior Online?)
anyone can work on any wrapper they want... I only work on a few for games I like (and have time for... I'm actually spending most of my free time developing my own game at the moment).

You can check the community at Portingteam.com where they do a lot of wrappers (not only Wineskin, but hacks of Cider too). A lot of knowledgable people there if you go at trying to make the port yourself.... Also, PaulTheTall.com makes TONs of Wineskin wrappers for tons of games.
Community Moderator
# 59
09-28-2012, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the ongoing work.

I've grabbed 1.5.1 down but it just bounces in the dock and quits out, either with or without the Cryptic Studios folder.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Scratch that, I think I was clicking cancel not open on Gatekeepers warning, always expect confirmation to be on the right
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.

Last edited by tobar26th; 09-28-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Career Officer
# 60
09-28-2012, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
Thanks for the ongoing work.

I've grabbed 1.5.1 down but it just bounces in the dock and quits out, either with or without the Cryptic Studios folder.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Scratch that, I think I was clicking cancel not open on Gatekeepers warning, always expect confirmation to be on the right
Gatekeeper can be a pain... I thought about signing the app since I am an "identified developer" but I didn't because it can get thrown for a loop since you have to change the internal contents installing the game in there. With how I have it set up that may not be an issue, but I really haven't tested it. I guess I could always sign it, and then if it gets screwed up for users, I'll know that doesn't work :-) Wineskin.app inside there is signed though, so you shouldn't have a problem running that.