Captain
Does anyone else profoundly hate the 'six plastic pipes stuck together' transwarp gate design we have? The feds are using it, the borg are using it, the bloody KDF is using it- and it's really ugly. Yeah, sure, there's some variation going on, but when I look at all the other bases, ships, and other art aspects- even the other starbase upgrades like the comm array- all of them are pretty neat looking and clearly have time and effort put into them.

Meanwhile we have these really ugly transwarp gates- and at least for the Klingons it looks extremely out of place as is. Could we get something... else? Maybe a trajector catapult like from voyager or literally any sort of design that looks like someone took more than five minutes in google sketchup to put together? Pretty please?
Career Officer
# 2
09-07-2012, 01:37 AM
Well, they ARE based on the Borg Transwarp Hub in the episode Endgame from Voyager. However, i have to agree - they look fugly.

However, I remember seeing some concept artwork somewhere of a Federation transwarp gateway, which looked similar to the relays in Mass Effect, however ships would travel through the centre rather than using them as a slingshot. I really wish i could find the image...

Because it's not something that would bring in a whole heap of money from the Z-store, i don't think it would be very high on the list of priorities, or even if it's on the list at all.

Graviton Catapult - http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Graviton_catapult

Transwarp Hub - http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Transwarp_hub
Captain
# 3
09-07-2012, 02:22 AM
Maybe one of those fleet sepcial projects down the line?

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Commander
# 4
09-07-2012, 04:55 AM
oh noes... please dont start with "its startrek but it looks ugly, please change it".. i am just about happy that we are at a level where i can say "this almost looks like startrek".
Career Officer
# 5
09-07-2012, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncodb01 View Post
Transwarp Aperture - http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Transwarp_aperture

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Career Officer
# 6
09-07-2012, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncodb01 View Post
However, I remember seeing some concept artwork somewhere of a Federation transwarp gateway, which looked similar to the relays in Mass Effect, however ships would travel through the centre rather than using them as a slingshot. I really wish i could find the image...
You mean THIS?

It's one of the Perpetual Concept artwork.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Career Officer
# 7
09-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
You mean THIS?

I really like that design for the fed transwarp better than a reskin of the Borg one. Yeah, its a bit on the Mass Effect-era sci fi design side, but it's still distinctly federation. I say put this in-game as our fleet starbase's transwarp. In fact it looks more like a Quantum Slipstream based Transwarp gate, which is definetly in line with how Starfleet Tech has gone.

Cryptic, call up Perpetual and get permission to use this art asset.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
09-12-2012, 03:23 PM
Another thing I hate about the TW conduit is the first unlock location...WHY the heck would i want to go to Vulcan when i can just TW to Sol?

YEAH i know its useful for if your TW is on a cooldown but almost EVERYONE slots a DOFF that reduces that cooldown while they are in sector space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Captain
# 9
09-24-2012, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder2012 View Post
Another thing I hate about the TW conduit is the first unlock location...WHY the heck would i want to go to Vulcan when i can just TW to Sol?
Vulcan has a commodity trader who can get you bargain prices for selected items used for Starbase projects.

The traders at ESD give discounts on different items.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Captain
# 10
09-24-2012, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
You mean THIS?

I feel compelled to file copyright infringement. -_-
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.