Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 162
# 21
09-24-2012, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by red01999 View Post

Third you also have an option to rotate two copies of EPtW and EPtS, which is flat out unviable without two engineers.

.
Um...Doffs?

With Doffs you can rotate one copy of each as if you were running 2. I run 3 Purples and keep at global for EPTx abilities.

The regent is well worth the purchase for the Torp alone for Broadsiding. I wish I could set it up like I do my Oddy with the only Engineer being a Comander. But, prefer it over the oddy on looks/control. So I gave up the doffs and run 2 copies of EPTx abilites on the regent....sigh.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 622
# 22
09-26-2012, 05:43 AM
What is the best build for the Regent Class?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 176
# 23
09-26-2012, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj011 View Post
What is the best build for the Regent Class?
It depends on your goals and budget. For best consistent tanking it'll probably look like.

7 beam arrays and one wide spread torp. Maco shield, 3 piece borg, at least 2xneutronium armor and at least 1x field emitter.

Tactical
Tac Team:1,T:spread 2, T:spread 3,
Tac Team:1

Engineering
Emergency power to weapons 1,Emergency power to shields 2 , Reverse shield polarity 2, Aux 2 structural 3
Emergency power to weapons 1,Emergancy power to shields 2

Universal.(Sci officer)
Transfer shield strength 1, Hazard emitters 2

With Brace for impact Doffs, warp core engineer and projectile Doffs.

If you tune your energy settings for 120+ shield power when EPTS2 is up you'll see shield resist like 10(maco)+35(shield power)+20(EPTS2)=65%. That's not the cap(75%) but is still respectable and it will be capped versus borg.

More aggressive or higher risk builds can come in a variety of flavors. Losing a tac team for BFAW1 (not recommended); Ditching TSS1 for a tractor beam; or have Hazard emitters 1 and tractor beam repulsors 1 would all be simple examples of trading one defensive power for more offense.

You could also use 3x damage control engineers(blue or better) and change your engineering set up for a more "high risk/high reward" style.

Engineering
Emergancy power to weapons 1,reverse shield polarity 1, emergency power to shields 3, Aux 2 structural 3
Engineering team 1,extend shields 1

It all comes down to preference and budget. That engineering setup will make you tougher most of the time with a stronger ability to support your team. You'll have more power to use for other subsystems because of EPTS3's higher energy bonus and your shield resist will be capped. The trade off is when the DCE's don't proc or you screw up the cycle there could be a lot of hell to pay.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 622
# 24
09-26-2012, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by razellis View Post
It depends on your goals and budget. For best consistent tanking it'll probably look like.

7 beam arrays and one wide spread torp. Maco shield, 3 piece borg, at least 2xneutronium armor and at least 1x field emitter.

Tactical
Tac Team:1,T:spread 2, T:spread 3,
Tac Team:1

Engineering
Emergency power to weapons 1,Emergency power to shields 2 , Reverse shield polarity 2, Aux 2 structural 3
Emergency power to weapons 1,Emergancy power to shields 2

Universal.(Sci officer)
Transfer shield strength 1, Hazard emitters 2

With Brace for impact Doffs, warp core engineer and projectile Doffs.

If you tune your energy settings for 120+ shield power when EPTS2 is up you'll see shield resist like 10(maco)+35(shield power)+20(EPTS2)=65%. That's not the cap(75%) but is still respectable and it will be capped versus borg.

More aggressive or higher risk builds can come in a variety of flavors. Losing a tac team for BFAW1 (not recommended); Ditching TSS1 for a tractor beam; or have Hazard emitters 1 and tractor beam repulsors 1 would all be simple examples of trading one defensive power for more offense.

You could also use 3x damage control engineers(blue or better) and change your engineering set up for a more "high risk/high reward" style.

Engineering
Emergancy power to weapons 1,reverse shield polarity 1, emergency power to shields 3, Aux 2 structural 3
Engineering team 1,extend shields 1

It all comes down to preference and budget. That engineering setup will make you tougher most of the time with a stronger ability to support your team. You'll have more power to use for other subsystems because of EPTS3's higher energy bonus and your shield resist will be capped. The trade off is when the DCE's don't proc or you screw up the cycle there could be a lot of hell to pay.

The thing what I lone about the Sovereign Class another than the look is its balance boff layout out of tactical for dps and eng for making the ship tougher and last longer in a fight with science to back it up.

With the regent want to make this simliar but since the science boff is uni now i could go either way. Is the regent just as powerful as the odyssey but more maneuverable?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,333
# 25
09-26-2012, 08:25 AM
RAJ,

I would argue the Regent is the better deal between an Oddy and itself. Its maneuverability allows it to use something than just a BAx7 boat. Ive enjoyed it with:

Front
2xDBB
2xBA

3xBA
1x180' arc torp

You have the ability to do damage all around while not draining your power too much (although with an engie, its not as much of an issue), and can toss the ship to a fresh shield facing when needed.

I am not a fan of the metreon gas console, but others love it. I still think that the Excel is still the better "battle cruiser" styled ship, especially if you can throw on the Regents Torp launcher or like using the Cannon/Turret setup.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 176
# 26
09-26-2012, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj011 View Post

With the regent want to make this simliar but since the science boff is uni now i could go either way. Is the regent just as powerful as the odyssey but more maneuverable?
The Regent is pretty different from the Ody. It's Boff set up works better for a tactical build in my eyes.

It's more maneuverable in exchange for less shield and crew. The lt. universal is nice but the Ody is more flexible. In terms of offensive power the Regent out shines any single piece of the Ody three pack taken on its own(more maneuverability, same or more tac consoles) but a Tac Ody with the Ops console (a 40$ ship) will be nimbler and possibly have an advantage in a fire fight. The biggest advantage the regent has is it's torpedo launcher and AOE spam potential that works very well with every Fed Cruiser weapon layout used in the game.

Part of the problem here is I don't put torpedo's on Ody's and outside of a cannon build would have no use for the Lt. Tac station on the Ody after having a Lt.Cmdr Tac in the universal seat. They just don't turn fast enough to hit someone when their shield is down with 90 degree torpedos and beam fire at will loves to shoot immune targets in STFs. Not to mention how dangerous Aceton Assimilator spam makes BFAW and CSV in PVP.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 713
# 27
09-26-2012, 11:24 AM
I purchased the Regent Class for that Lt. Cmd Tac BOff seat.

I then realized that I will need 2 different types of builds for it:

a) Tac build for my Trill Engineer
b) Tank build for my Human Tac & Klingon Sci alts

My Ship gear always consists of MK XII MACO Shields & Deflector, Borg Engines & Universal Console, MK XII Blue Antiproton Mag Regulators, MK XII Blue Shield Emitter & Regeneration consoles, Theta Radiation Console, 2 MK XII Blue Neutronium armor, MK XII RCS console.


Tac build

BOFF Assignments:
Ens Tac: TorpSpread 1
Lt. Tac: TT1, APB1
Lt Cmd. Tac: HYT1, BO2, Torp Spread 3
Lt. Eng: ET 1, EPtS2
Cmd Eng: DEM 2, EPtW1, Aux2SIF 3, ET2

DOFF Setup:
3 purple Projectile Weapons DOFFs, 1 purple Warp Core Engineer to improve systems power, 1 purple Conn Officer to recharge Tac Team


Tank Build

BOFF Assignments:
Ens Tac: TT1
Lt. Sci: PH1, HE2
Lt Cmd. Tac: TorpSpread 1, HYT2, BO3
Lt. Eng: ET 1, EPtS2
Cmd Eng: DEM 2, EPtW1, Aux2SIF 3, ET2

DOFF Setup:
1 blue Energy Weapons DOFF that recharges Beam abilities, 2 purple Warp Core Engineer to improve systems power, 1 purple Damage Control Engineer to recharge Emergency Power to Subsystems, 1 purple Conn Officer to recharge Tac Team
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 622
# 28
09-27-2012, 02:06 AM
I think im going to wait for the Fleet AC to come out first then go from there, what level is the wide angle Q-torpedo launcher? Is it better or equal to a very rare borg Mark 12 q-torpedo launcher ?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,333
# 29
09-27-2012, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj011 View Post
I think im going to wait for the Fleet AC to come out first then go from there, what level is the wide angle Q-torpedo launcher? Is it better or equal to a very rare borg Mark 12 q-torpedo launcher ?
Depends on what you consider better. In essence, you give up the [Borg] feature to get a 180' arc. Off hand I don't know what the other specifics are, but when I use it, I know I am pretty much firing when the cool-down cycle ends each time, unlike what I would be doing with a 90' arc torp launcher. In my opinion, more "dakka" means more ouchie making.

I also am not sure if you will get the torp from the Fleet A.C. . You might have to buy the Regent to get it.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 622
# 30
09-27-2012, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer1 View Post
Depends on what you consider better. In essence, you give up the [Borg] feature to get a 180' arc. Off hand I don't know what the other specifics are, but when I use it, I know I am pretty much firing when the cool-down cycle ends each time, unlike what I would be doing with a 90' arc torp launcher. In my opinion, more "dakka" means more ouchie making.

I also am not sure if you will get the torp from the Fleet A.C. . You might have to buy the Regent to get it.
hey whamhammer1, yeah you can only get the W-A-Q-T-L from the c-store regent, the Fleet AC will just give improved stats, new visual which absolutely sucks and a extra console.

Is the dps and dpv higher then the borg mark 12, since the WAQTL is a level console how high will it go.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:04 PM.