Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
"(The Klingon Empire

The KDF faction has a long history of trying to establish itself and has suffered greatly from the "what is it going to be?" thrash. While there is a passionate contingent of KDF players at max level who want more KDF specific content, there is also a large number of players who pass on playing in the KDF because you cannot build a KDF character as your first. In either case, the KDF wants to feel established and have their own agenda in the game instead of always playing the "foil" to the Feds. The best way we could tackle this issue is to take a ?build it and they will come? attitude and find a way to let players create Klingons as their first and primary character.)"

So this is the Argument - players have to start a Fed character first - therefore we have to market to the Fed base. Until we get levels 1-22 done on th KDF side we can't do very much with the KDF. Ok I get this. How about this then:

When a person reaches the level that they a can start a KDF character why don't you have a big "pop-up" window - like you get when being promoted, that says : "Congratulations you are now eligable to start a Klingon Character - would you like to go to the log in screen and create one? - (option to click OK or Cancel)

Then when they re-login if they clicked cancel you have a window come up - "you are eligable to create a KDF character would you like to now? _ok or cancel - and provide a little check box just like almost every other software that says "do not show this message again" if they don't want to.

If you implimented something like this then I would actually believe you have some intentions to do something with the KDF. If not since this seems to be such and easy implimentation in the meantime, i will believe that you want every player to continue down the path of the biggest money generator(Fed) and don't really want more players moving on to the KDF.

Also the exact same notice could be used if the RSE is brought into the game.

So what is it?
So what do you guys think of my question/idea?
Empire Veteran
# 2
09-24-2012, 09:20 PM
I'll say it's better than what we have, a short term fix perhaps to encourage more people to join and play the KDF but the only real fix is to give us what the Federation has a level 1-50 gameplay with unique Klingon missions.

However yeah it's a better option than what we have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Empire Veteran
# 3 Hopeless about KDF
09-24-2012, 10:22 PM
To be honest. I really wish Stahl and that chinese company listen to you and access your request. But I don't believe they would. I already lost any hope, Stahl, cryptic and this chinese company would do anything for klings.
Stahl doesn't care about Kling.
Cryptic devs have not any power to decide.
This Chinese company (I don't know its name) doesn't respect Star Trek univers, and it has not any respect for the Star Trek univers nor for the trekkies who play sto neither. They only focus how to make money faster. To make money they are able to mixe heroic fantasy game and racing car game with sto game. I wouldn't be surprise to find nascar racing in sto for season 8... So then I'm hopeless.
http://i.imgur.com/RVocq.jpg
Empire Veteran
# 4
09-25-2012, 01:02 AM
Yeah it's really sad, the amount of players who have lost hope with this game. Both my wife and I regret getting lifetime subscriptions. But really you can't blame any player for this, it's ultimately PWE, Cryptic and Stahl who are to blame. Their lack of knowledge in regards to Star Trek and it's background, fell and story is so alarming obvious it isn't funny.

Basically I have come to expect they will seek out the most non-Trek idea/content and then do it. Star Trek be damned. I understand there are some things that need to be different due to gameplay and the MMO model, but playable Tholian ships, playable 29th century ships in the 25th century and an assortment of other things just goes to show their disrespect to not only Star Trek, us players but also to Gene Roddenberry and his work that he put his heart and soul into trying to get off the ground in the 1960's.

Ultimately I doubt this game will last another 2 years, in fact by the end of next year I would be surprised to find them in the same boat they were in last year, up for sale due to the lack of cash flow due to screwing up the game and it more a monster play Federation were you get to play everything and the KDF is a minority of only like a 1% of the existing players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Empire Veteran
# 5
09-25-2012, 05:38 AM
Does not the game already tell the player when they Unlock KDF character creation possibilities?
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Career Officer
# 6
09-25-2012, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Does not the game already tell the player when they Unlock KDF character creation possibilities?
Yeah, 11 days ago I got an email telling me I'm now ready to join the Klingon Defense Force.

http://imageshack.us/a/img42/7153/readytojoin.jpg

It's a good thing I got this message so shortly after headstart.

Last edited by misterde3; 09-25-2012 at 05:49 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 7
09-25-2012, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Yeah, 11 days ago I got an email telling me I'm now ready to join the Klingon Defense Force.

http://imageshack.us/a/img577/7153/readytojoin.jpg

It's a good thing I got this message so shortly after headstart.
If thats the state of the game and how poorly they let the player know the KDF has opened to them, no wonder its having population issues.
Thats pathetic.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-25-2012, 08:30 AM
i have said it 100 times.

The the low KDF population is caused because you dont allow players to roll kdf from lvl 1!

Ppl will lvl up federation and stick to federation only because they wherent allowed to create a KDF char from the start.

KDF is a nice faction is got many fans and many of them are fanatic KDF fans only.

Allow KDF to truly shine by allowing players to create a kdf char from lvl 1, despite the lack of content they can still lvl up to 50 if they do all storylines and some stfs at lvl 40.

I help ppl lvl up their KDF toon also i give them advice on what ships they should buy what consoles and how to fit them.

I do this because i love KDF there are others as fanatic as me that help new KDF players enjoy their KDF experience.

Dont let our work done in vain allow new players to access KDF faction from lvl 1 and KDF community will make sure those new players are having fun and maybe spent some money on KDF side also.

I help everyone as long as its playing KDF and needs my help.

Just contact me in game if you need any help or advice with ur KDF char.
Career Officer
# 9
09-25-2012, 09:22 AM
dStahl seems to agree with you, z0rga. He said it in one of the recent releases - they need to build KDF mission/level content up before they can support it with Ships/Costumes/non-mission content.

The real question now is, when.

The were VERY wishy-washy about saying anything solid about future KDF focus, so while they addressed the "Will you make S8 a KDF season?" question, they did so by sounding like the fear-of-commitment boyfriend: "Oh yeah, of course we'll get engaged/KDF-content-season honey/redside-players! In a year? Well, gee, uh... I mean, it COULD be in a year, yeah, but boy, there is just SO much else we have to do and pay for and... yeah, I mean sure, that'd be great if we *could* ...lets talk about this again in a few months, ok hun/players?"

If you liked us, then you should have put a ring/content on us.
If you liked it than you should have put T'pring on it
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 5-5-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.

Last edited by jnohd; 09-25-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Captain
# 10
09-25-2012, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by z0gra View Post
i have said it 100 times.

The the low KDF population is caused because you dont allow players to roll kdf from lvl 1!

Ppl will lvl up federation and stick to federation only because they wherent allowed to create a KDF char from the start.

KDF is a nice faction is got many fans and many of them are fanatic KDF fans only.

Allow KDF to truly shine by allowing players to create a kdf char from lvl 1, despite the lack of content they can still lvl up to 50 if they do all storylines and some stfs at lvl 40.

I help ppl lvl up their KDF toon also i give them advice on what ships they should buy what consoles and how to fit them.

I do this because i love KDF there are others as fanatic as me that help new KDF players enjoy their KDF experience.

Dont let our work done in vain allow new players to access KDF faction from lvl 1 and KDF community will make sure those new players are having fun and maybe spent some money on KDF side also.

I help everyone as long as its playing KDF and needs my help.

Just contact me in game if you need any help or advice with ur KDF char.

My idea/plan is more of a stop-gap measure to build up some critical mass - at the current amount of KDF players Cryptic will most likely NEVER add lvls 1 to 20+

But without some immediate notification that a new player can start a KDF character, most will continue down the Fed path where they will stay for the rest of the game (ie "Working as Intended")

There is only ONE reason not to do this( becasue as with promotions and Foundry pop-ups it is so simple to code it) and that reason is that they WANT most players to continue down the FED path and stay there - that is the ONLY reason not to do this.

Last edited by levi3; 09-25-2012 at 10:29 AM.