Career Officer
# 91
09-25-2012, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716maikai View Post
[...]
cryptic needs to note this.
No, they don't.

Just because some abilities annoy some people there is no reason to believe that they "break the game". They may break certain playstyles, but that is a different thing.

Luckily, the guys at Cryptic are well aware of that fact.

The enemy has new weapons? Well, adapt.
Career Officer
# 92
09-25-2012, 06:33 AM
[quote=sophlogimo;5833991]No, they don't.

Just because some abilities annoy some people there is no reason to believe that they "break the game". They may break certain playstyles, but that is a different thing.

QUOTE]

1 of three things happened here.

either you misread, i didnt get my point across, or something else.

i was simply saying in that partical post you quoted that right now the captain snb power says it increases a cooldown by a %. this is how it also shows on the cooldowns for the player hit by the captain's snb.

HOWEVER, as soon as the snb is cleared either via sci team or by the 30 second natural timer, the cooldowns all go back to what they were before the captain snb hit.

my point was that the % is a compelte waste of a mechanic because no matter how hard the snb hits, the cooldowns will never last longer then 30 seconds longer then they would because the snb cooldown effect goes away the moment the snb clears (as i mentioned via sci team or the 30 seconds expiriring).

i simply suggest they change the the text and possibly the mechanic itself to reflect this so it wont confuse people/be more accurate to what its actually doing.

hope that help clear it up, i was not suggesting in the post you quoted to change anything except the "visuals" of it on the power tray/the text discribing what it does.
Career Officer
# 93
09-25-2012, 06:47 AM
Indeed I misunderstood you. Never mind, I agree with that. Documentation and actual mechanics need to be congruent.