Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes
Login

Career Officer
# 21
09-25-2012, 06:32 AM
i beamed over to the azura......and my away team was disappearing one by one and sometimes altogether, iwas getting flashbacks to a tng episode called remember me....where tne crew disappears one by one until crusher is the only one left.
Republic Veteran
# 22
09-25-2012, 07:40 AM
So did they patch actually fix anything or are we still at block-zero?
Commander
# 23
09-25-2012, 08:56 AM
Is there a fix for the ships going on autopilot toward whatever you have targeted when you respawn? Its fairly annoying when you respawn to have your ship just slowly turn over and start strolling over toward what you have targeted.

Clearing your target gives you back control but its still VERY annoying.
Captain
# 24
09-25-2012, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
Assuming you mean Khitomer Accord ground, QA is looking at a potential resolution for that soon.
Its tied to the engineer kit changes.

Take an engineer to a point where the borg should spawn but aren't.

Put a turret down.

If the DOFF for the turret kicks in and it spawns more than 1, the borg spawn along with it. Always. If its just 1 turret they dont spawn.

But it gets better...

If you drop just 1 turret.. and SWAP the kit... and drop a generator...

the borg spawn. For a second or two then vanish.

So it seems to me that when the engineer kit swap-prevention code was put in it did something to the 'spawn' triggers that rely on one npc spawning which 100% of the times trigger the spawning of other NPC's near it.

This is also seen in some ground missions where npcs actually spawn stuff of their own... if you swap the kit or get the doff to kick in and drop extra stuff the npc suddenly stops being able to spawn his own stuff. The tholian mission boss is a good example of it... it wont spawn crystals from the ground if you swap-kit and get the doff trigger.

So.. tell the devs to return engineer kits to how they were. Its much less aggravating.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Republic Veteran
# 25
09-25-2012, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post
Its tied to the engineer kit changes.

*snip*

And this is why we need longer testing times and greater detail in the patch notes.

Given two weeks on Tribble we would have caught these bugs, and there would have been time to make changes before going live.

*shrug* what do I know.
Lt. Commander
# 26
09-25-2012, 10:02 AM
When are you guys going to fix the foundry music bug?
Career Officer
# 27
09-25-2012, 10:11 AM
Can you please fix the missing Account Bank access on the Belfast (Defiant style) bridge? The other bridges have them.
Career Officer
# 28
09-25-2012, 10:52 AM
Have to agree with cmdrskyfaller on this one,
All the issues I have noticed relate to spawning eg: non-spawning comet shards, borg spawns in khitomer ground, boffs spawning in walls/under ship, players spawning in cmdr wildmans office on deep space k-7........hmm common thread seems the spawning not pathfinding .....hmm what changed recently related to spawns ... oh wait didn't a useful exploit for engineer kit that "spawned" things get fixed. After the bot pathfinders are done y'all ight want to look at the engineer code that was fixed
Career Officer
# 29
09-25-2012, 12:05 PM
I'd be hilarious to see

Patch Notes:
Fixed path finding in the Fire Cave

Known Issues
Broke path finding in every other mission

How this patch doesn't get rolled back is beyond me, its so game breaking it isn't funnny
Starfleet Veteran
# 30
09-25-2012, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheinig View Post
Space maps do not use path data like ground maps, so this is unlikely to have a role in Night of the Comet.
As others have commented, I am so glad to see you posting. You and your family are still in my thoughts and prayers.

Matt
Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief for Covenant of Honor [FED] (formerly Task Force A.W.O.L.)
House Leader for Honorable House or Mor'gue [KDF]