Lt. Commander
# 41
01-31-2012, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by explorerbigjon View Post
Even though I've read and understood what each function is...I'm still lost...I'm trying to take one 1 NPC ship in Ambient without Combat to being Ambient With Combat...and I'm not seeing where I can choose to make it as one. Can anybody point me in the right direction?
I don't think you can. I've tried to do the same thing.

I've also noticed that when I put something in the text box for an enemy ship to say something when entering in battle, it says nothing. Perhaps ships are not meant to 'speak' ?
Lt. Commander
# 42
05-25-2012, 02:50 AM
I'm not sure if it's co-incidence as I haven't had time to confirm it, but are objects that are "job enabled" the ones that have a red figurine indicating a positon on them? When I've enabled jobs, they do seem to correspond with those sorts of consoles.

Also, is it normal for an NPC to sprint between tasks? Is there some way to control this in a similar manner to "wander speed"? It seems pretty random, and I don't know if it's one of those hiccups that's filtered out by publishing or not.
Captain
# 43
09-26-2012, 12:51 PM
Can 'wander path nodes' be set manually ? I'd like to setup a patrol route for my NPC with these nodes until the player interacts with him.

Currently when I setup my NPC to wander he remains stationary until the player ship interacts with him even tho I set the wander to yes, the speed pretty high, and the distance to long. I see there are marker nodes and was hoping they were usable for my purpose, but they didn't work.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf

Last edited by lordmalak1; 09-26-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Rihannsu
# 44
09-26-2012, 01:06 PM
nope. I wish...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 45
09-26-2012, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Can 'wander path nodes' be set manually ? I'd like to setup a patrol route for my NPC with these nodes until the player interacts with him.

Currently when I setup my NPC to wander he remains stationary until the player ship interacts with him even tho I set the wander to yes, the speed pretty high, and the distance to long. I see there are marker nodes and was hoping they were usable for my purpose, but they didn't work.
Quick FYI, wandering doesn't work in preview, you have to test it in publish
Ensign
# 46
01-07-2013, 01:42 PM
What I want to know is how do you make a costume walk from point a to point b on the same map? And how do you go from on map to the other without bringing your away team?