Lieutenant
# 1 Are we still...
09-26-2012, 11:02 PM
Been away for a few months, with the autopatch bug. Trying to update now with the VPN workaround, and it seems to be working so far.

Are we KDF still the left-handed, red-headed, unwanted b*st*rd step-children of STO, or have things improved? I don't see near as many complaint threads as I did back a few months, but that may just be that people have gotten tired of shouting down a well.

So, is it any better?
Career Officer
# 2
09-26-2012, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chastity1337 View Post
So, is it any better?
Nope.

/10char
Click here to visit our website

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunasto View Post
Banned because I don't like your pictures eyebrows! They look like pinball flippers!
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-26-2012, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Been away for a few months, with the autopatch bug. Trying to update now with the VPN workaround, and it seems to be working so far.

Are we KDF still the left-handed, red-headed, unwanted b*st*rd step-children of STO, or have things improved? I don't see near as many complaint threads as I did back a few months, but that may just be that people have gotten tired of shouting down a well.

So, is it any better?
Besides a couple of Kdf diehards, not many are acting as the voice of the Kdf anymore. I figure most just moved on from the issue or quit the game. I honestly I stopped caring and don't think anything is going to be done about the Kdf. Any sort of mention in regards to the Kdf by Cryptic is just lipservice and empty.
Rihannsu
# 4
09-26-2012, 11:50 PM
Quote:
[...]
Are we KDF still the left-handed, red-headed, unwanted b*st*rd step-children of STO, [...]
Never have been. The economics are just the way they are. I still have fun with my 4 KDF characters, because, let us face it, KDF is only "starved for content" by comparison to the Feds, not in absolute terms. The game experience in itself is awesome.

(And falsely stating otherwise won't draw more people into playing KDF.)

Quote:
So, is it any better?
Not much. Alpha, a new mission, has been added, and the starbases are clearly a good thing for KDF PvE. But when the Devs add the new Foundry features to the game by the end of October or November, KDF should get a whole lot of new missions with decent rewards, so stay tuned, I'd say.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Empire Veteran
# 5
09-27-2012, 12:38 AM
The infamous decloaking bug still exists, and in fact it has been renamed as a "feature" by one of the founding fathers whose name shall not be written
How to really behave in online forums with developers

Commander
# 6
09-27-2012, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Never have been. The economics are just the way they are. I still have fun with my 4 KDF characters, because, let us face it, KDF is only "starved for content" by comparison to the Feds, not in absolute terms. The game experience in itself is awesome.

(And falsely stating otherwise won't draw more people into playing KDF.)

Not much. Alpha, a new mission, has been added, and the starbases are clearly a good thing for KDF PvE. But when the Devs add the new Foundry features to the game by the end of October or November, KDF should get a whole lot of new missions with decent rewards, so stay tuned, I'd say.
I have to agree, although there are things that are badly needed, to really round out the KDF faction. Our ship count for end-game ships is also pretty low, compared to the Federation, and they still get ships about 4x as often as we do. We have more Commander and Captain level ships, but you're only going to use those for a couple days, as fast as leveling happens in STO.

It's still more fun over here, though, IMHO...and, about the foundry, there are much more interesting story possibilities over here as well (also just my opinion, of course).
Commander
# 7
09-27-2012, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notapwefan View Post
The infamous decloaking bug still exists, and in fact it has been renamed as a "feature" by one of the founding fathers whose name shall not be written
Good to see new KDF features going in, lol.
Empire Veteran
# 8
09-27-2012, 05:06 AM
Quote:

So, is it any better?
Still waiting for the future make its way here that has been speculated as being a possible desire of the Devs to accomplish and complete the KDF.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-27-2012, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Are we KDF still the left-handed, red-headed, unwanted b*st*rd step-children of STO, or have things improved?
Things cannot improve. Improvement is physically impossible under the laws of thermodynamics: Entropy always increases. Things can only get worse at varying rates of speed.

In that regard, since I first arrived here, I have witnessed no improvement, but meanwhile, the tutorial has gotten more obnoxious with no method to skip it like the Fed tutorial, and Engineers have been nerfed. So there's your decline update.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-27-2012, 06:20 AM
Quote:

So, is it any better?
Sadly no we are still the same or even worst i would say.

To many f2p kids scrawl around in Federation moaning and whining around i guess this doesnt make things better.

We are worst cause for 3-4 ships feds get we get only 1 maybe if we get any at all.

So much dissapointed from the lack of attention in KDF side.