Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Empire Veteran
# 11
09-26-2012, 10:15 AM
Paying $200 to $250 for a virtual product that has absolutely no value outside of this game is fr2cking stupid.
He who laughs last thinks slowest.
Career Officer
# 12
09-26-2012, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Paying $200 to $250 for a virtual product that has absolutely no value outside of this game is fr2cking stupid.

That's why they aren't listed in the store.

They generate that revenue from even people will "only" gamble on 10 boxes and "take a chance".

If 25 people do that resulting in 1 lockbox (speaking rough averages here), they made their $250 for a ship.

Or, people who randomly open only 1 or 2 boxes - well, if 100 people do that, it's still generating revenue.

Then there are the people who will actually drop $100-$300 trying to get one on their own, in addition to the above revenue.

Don't like it? Think it's stupid? Would never pay that amount?

Save ECs and buy it on the exchange.

Farm and sell dil to fund your "taking a chance".

Or just avoid it completely.
Empire Veteran
# 13
09-26-2012, 10:44 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
That's why they aren't listed in the store.

They generate that revenue from even people will "only" gamble on 10 boxes and "take a chance".

If 25 people do that resulting in 1 lockbox (speaking rough averages here), they made their $250 for a ship.

Or, people who randomly open only 1 or 2 boxes - well, if 100 people do that, it's still generating revenue.

Then there are the people who will actually drop $100-$300 trying to get one on their own, in addition to the above revenue.
I never said that Cryptic did not profit by it, only that to spend that much real money on a virtual item is stupid.

Quote:
Don't like it? Think it's stupid? Would never pay that amount?

Save ECs and buy it on the exchange.

Farm and sell dil to fund your "taking a chance".

Or just avoid it completely.
I do, when it suits me and for far far less money than $200.
He who laughs last thinks slowest.
Empire Veteran
# 14
09-26-2012, 11:38 AM
Although its a great idea... It will never fly with PWE plus I was kinda okay with the new lockbox and lobi KDF ships but I find a few things upsetting with it.

First neither come with a cloaking device which is blasphemy.

Then the Lockbox one was later stated does not have sensor analysis but also cannot equip cannons.

Again the lobi story one does not have a cloak... If you are hard of hearing... IT HAS NO CLOAK...

Okay so 250 dollar ship that has kdf slapped on it with no cloak... I'm not bothering to get that garbage scow for sure...
Empire Veteran
# 15
09-26-2012, 02:12 PM
I don't get why there's all this rant about lockboxes. If you don't want the stuff boycott it, don't show cryptic they're right. Because every single thread asking for alternative ways to get the lockbox stuff showq them you want it badly and might actually give it a try at some point.

What would really make them change their minds are neutral players saying they don't care about the ships. What you're doing here is plain advertisement for the lockboxes: you show other customers that you want it but can't afford it so if they can buy it they will, just because it will make someone else jealous, admirative, etc. It's like your neighbour buying a huge and overly expensive car, if you show jealousy you show him he's right.

Last edited by diogene0; 09-26-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Captain
# 16
09-26-2012, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyrexianhero View Post
Cryptic has said many times that lock box ships are only introduced because those ships are intended to be rare and CBS would only authorize them to be added to the game if they were restricted in that way.

While having ships in the Lobi store (along with a guaranteed minimum number of Lobi crystals per lock box) makes this seem more doubtful, that's their official word on the matter.
bullcrap. thats just bureaucratise for 'we can release crappy cstore ships from now on and make the real good ones be our amazing cash making lockbox gambling scam!'
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-26-2012, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post
bullcrap. thats just bureaucratise for 'we can release crappy cstore ships from now on and make the real good ones be our amazing cash making lockbox gambling scam!'
^^^this, but I don't completely blame Cryptic for all of this, I blame the people that keep buying the lockbox keys. They're the real problem.
Empire Veteran
# 18
09-26-2012, 08:25 PM
I would like it if they're available through the C-Store to anyone for free if you've already got it via lock box.

At the moment, any lock box ship you get you can't reclaim. It's getting to a point where there's new ships but no more slots for me to keep them all in without decommissioning some.

If I could dismiss a lock box ship and still be capable of reclaiming it via C-store for free it would be nice.
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Fleet Corsair, Voth Fighter. Favs - Mogh, Bastion, Monbosh, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Tholian Weaver
Empire Veteran
# 19
09-27-2012, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradstudent1 View Post
majesticmsfc has (yet another) great idea: Those with subscriptions should have the option to purchase the ships in the C-Store. This is the very least Cryptic can do for people who have invested not only significant amounts of money but also time, energy and love into the game
Wow someone likes my idea. Thanks. Unfortunately Cryptic will never go for it. Exploitation, exploitation and exploitation. That's the name of the game with Cryptic. To exploit their customers and then move onto the next group. Sad thing they don't realise that the long-term customers are the ones that will stay loyal the short time ones will leave and not come back after the initial interest has worn off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Empire Veteran
# 20
09-27-2012, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyrexianhero View Post
Cryptic has said many times that lock box ships are only introduced because those ships are intended to be rare and CBS would only authorize them to be added to the game if they were restricted in that way.

They were intended to be rare but...are they that rare?
How to really behave in online forums with developers