Lt. Commander
# 11
06-12-2009, 08:03 PM
This article completely piqued my interest, especially because it deals with one aspect of the gam that I was very curious about. The system sounds awesome in concept, but I am very interested to experience how it is actually implemented to know exactly what it is like. Still, this kind of thing seems very appropriate given how expansive the Star Trek universe is, so I am looking forward to being able to see what it can do!
Lt. Commander
# 12 Genisis
06-12-2009, 08:22 PM
Pictures of the system in action would've rocked, but I guess they can't reveal too much right? Any how the article was written well enough where I think we could picture each thing in our head. Nice job.

I'm a little confused though will the players be picking what they want to see or is that just for the devs (picking out options for the planet that is)?

I hope the planet features are vastly unique with many options. I want to see planets with varying technology, different types of plant life, different levels of development, and cultures. I don't just want to see a building, I want to see an alien structure. At the same time I don't want to be too hodgepodge where it looks like random things just pasted together. Somethings have to look like they have a theme to it too. I'm hoping this system is going to make Planets interesting and worth spending the time to explore.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-12-2009, 08:36 PM
I almost cannot fathom how amazing this could turn out to be. The genesis system could very well become an engine of imagination! The very fabric of what we know Star Trek to be.

I continue to smile at the prospect of STO.

Thank you for this article. Great way to end the week!

Boldly Go.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-12-2009, 08:36 PM
Nice read can't wait to see it in action. Though I'd like to know if it will create systems with a random number and type of planets, or will we always be finding M class worlds.

Also how will the game handle the huge number of systems people discover since we can go back to them?
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-12-2009, 08:58 PM
I have said it here before, that space in a Star Trek MMO MUST feel vast.
I hoped that this would not be lost on whoever developed the game.
I could just see it... 21 systems 10 fed 10 Klingon 1 PVP. No, I didn't think it would be that bad but I did wonder if it would be given the attention that it needed and it seams that it has, IMO (of course)
I get more and more exited with every new piece of information I get. Can this really keep going on. can they keep hitting the bullseye?
I am getting to the point that I am scared to check for updates for fear of news like...
Tribbles are to be the primary source of currency or we feel like the game would be better if your away team had magical powers and rode unicorns with fuzzy slippers.
OR OR hey guys great news we have decided to partner with SOE aaggghhhhhhhhhh!
anyhow I love the concept and I have all the confidence in Cryptic to bring it to fruition

PS Hurry up already
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-12-2009, 09:13 PM
And on the up side they've got the perfect scape goat if things get buggy at any point. "Uh, David used protomatter in the genesis code!" Had to.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-12-2009, 09:14 PM
Hmm... good news, that. The only question is: Will the players be allowed to use it to create the home systems of the "custom" species?
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-12-2009, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagdraben View Post
Hmm... good news, that. The only question is: Will the players be allowed to use it to create the home systems of the "custom" species?
Here here and /agreed. When do we get to take it for a test drive. Do you know how many systems we the fans could crank out? lol Just have the devs give it a final and bam. One big universe
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-12-2009, 09:40 PM
I think the coolest part of the system is the future potential. If the system really works as well as they say then IMO they've solved their issue on how to implement the holodeck properly. Just give the players an in game version (with some tweaks for the obvious reasons) of the Genesis System.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-12-2009, 10:17 PM
I knew they had some kind of system in place, but that's a pretty advanced one.
I'm impressed.