Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,251
# 21
09-27-2012, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyrexianhero View Post
Cryptic has said many times that lock box ships are only introduced because those ships are intended to be rare and CBS would only authorize them to be added to the game if they were restricted in that way.
They also said they were going to be not faction specific, as in Faction Neutral like the Galor, D'Kora and Jem'Hadar Attack ship. Now we get the Wells and Korath. Another promise broken, gone back on?

I think their entire stance on this whole rare and faction neutral ship thing they claimed is a load of bull. I think a lot of stuff they told us that CBS won't let them do is more their way to restrict things and make more money off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,766
# 22
09-27-2012, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notapwefan View Post
They were intended to be rare but...are they that rare?
Not even close.
The "Rareity" aspect ends up becoming untrue as so many boxes are opened that the game becomes flooded by those seeking Lobi to buy stuff as well as hunting for the new ships.
"Uncommon" would be a better term for the lock box items.

I am curiuos why the KDF ships have no Cloaking as well?

Majestics Idea was best. Allow the Subscribers and Lifers the option to buy a single ship of thier choice in the Cstore for a price for a limited time while the promotion is running.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,400
# 23
09-27-2012, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
I am curiuos why the KDF ships have no Cloaking as well?

My guess is balance, and ease of implementation (cutting costs).

The Fed and KDF versions are identical, outside of the models.

This is about as fair as anything can get, what are some things you think the Korrath or Krenn should give up if they were to get cloaking devices?


In-universe possible explanation:

Perhaps when both you and your enemies can manipulate time itself, something like a cloaking device becomes irrelevant.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 598
# 24
09-27-2012, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
My guess is balance, and ease of implementation (cutting costs).

The Fed and KDF versions are identical, outside of the models.

This is about as fair as anything can get, what are some things you think the Korrath or Krenn should give up if they were to get cloaking devices?


In-universe possible explanation:

Perhaps when both you and your enemies can manipulate time itself, something like a cloaking device becomes irrelevant.
No cloak and no canons.=( If they want to balance the Wells and Korath, then knock off some of the shield modifier or hull from the Korath, or make it only +10 Aux. I am hesitant to say take the sensor analysis, though. It really is a good tool in an extended firefight.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,766
# 25
09-27-2012, 07:27 AM
For a possible $200 investment, I do not think the KDF ships should give up anything to have cloaking. A technology that is widely used throughout the KDF before the idea of Time Ships ever existed.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,400
# 26
09-27-2012, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradstudent1 View Post
No cloak and no canons.=( If they want to balance the Wells and Korath, then knock off some of the shield modifier or hull from the Korath, or make it only +10 Aux. I am hesitant to say take the sensor analysis, though. It really is a good tool in an extended firefight.
The Korrath is a Science ship, why would it get dual cannons? Or a cloak for that matter?



Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
For a possible $200 investment, I do not think the KDF ships should give up anything to have cloaking. A technology that is widely used throughout the KDF before the idea of Time Ships ever existed.
And the players who spend the same on the Wells or Mobius should get a lesser ship for what reason?

What would you suggest they get in addition to keep the ships balanced vs. each other?

Or is it that you do not think they should be balanced, and that the KDF should get a version that is clearly superior?
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,766
# 27
09-27-2012, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
Or is it that you do not think they should be balanced, and that the KDF should get a version that is clearly superior?
I thought cloaking was irelevant on a ship that can control time, so why is it now relevant to instill a handicap?

I merely think the KDF TS's need cloaking as the technology is one the KDF has used for a very long time and it seems odd to not have it now.
Let the Devs give whatever they give normally as a handicap for the use of cloaking.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 14
# 28
09-27-2012, 09:17 AM
I think this system could work out.

in Blacklight (another PWE game), there's "Chance boxes" where you could win items that are already available in the online store. Thing is, some very few items are still exclusive to the chance boxes... and, in order to have a working system, some items offered currently in the lock boxes would have to be only available thru that.

The majority of master key buyers want the Temporal ships. THAT is the reason they buy the key... so, leave the temporal ships in the box...

The rest of the content, mirror universe ships, cross-faction consoles and other items could be made available thru the Store.

It's a working model with Blacklight and there's no silver/gold membership possibilities.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 570
# 29
09-27-2012, 09:54 AM
I still think all the Klingon KDF ships should be retooled to use cloaking consoles instead of innate. Then just make both the UFP and KDF timeships "cloak console ok" and people could apply them from other ships.

That said, I was actually expecting the Wells and Korath to both be cleared for Cannons.
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 5-5-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 570
# 30
09-27-2012, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by srodney View Post
I think this system could work out.

in Blacklight (another PWE game), there's "Chance boxes" where you could win items that are already available in the online store. Thing is, some very few items are still exclusive to the chance boxes... and, in order to have a working system, some items offered currently in the lock boxes would have to be only available thru that.

The majority of master key buyers want the Temporal ships. THAT is the reason they buy the key... so, leave the temporal ships in the box...

The rest of the content, mirror universe ships, cross-faction consoles and other items could be made available thru the Store.

It's a working model with Blacklight and there's no silver/gold membership possibilities.

Might be easier to simply offer Lobi packs on the C-Store, then.
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 5-5-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:39 AM.