Lt. Commander
# 21
06-12-2009, 11:35 PM
The timeline was great! Really puts everything into perspective! Thanks! Can't wait to play and see where STO will take the timeline next!

Live Long and Prosper
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-12-2009, 11:55 PM
STO and Star Trek XI Post:

Quote:
Star Trek Online is set in the "prime" Star Trek reality. This is the timeline of the five television series and the first 10 movies. It is the world in which the Gorn attacked Cestus III, Kirk fought Khan in the Mutara Nebula, Picard explored the galaxy, the Federation fought the Dominion War, Voyager was stranded in the Delta Quadrant and Captain Archer and the crew of the NX-01 showed us how it all began.
Eh, Devs. You know that what happened on Enterprise happened in both universes, right?

The Timelines were the same until the Kelvin's Encounter with the Narada. From there, the two paths diverged.

Quote:
There are many, many stories to tell in the prime universe. The fallout of the destruction of Romulus and the upheaval that causes in the Alpha and Beta quadrants creates storytelling opportunities that we at Cryptic didn't even imagine when we first began working on STO. We're excited by the possibilities, and fans should be as well. The best is yet to come.
Indeed it does.

But look what you done to poor Worf!
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-13-2009, 12:03 AM
Thanks for the official explanation. As others have said, now we have somewhere to direct all those people who come into the forums searching for a pointless argument ("This is just Contradiction. Argument is down the hall").

Would it help to sticky this thread? As has been noted elsewhere, the people who would most benefit from stickied posts seem to ignore them consistently, as a rule, but still we live in hope.

Thanks again for this attempt to keep newcomers fully informed.

Cheers,

KOS
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-13-2009, 03:47 AM
Pfft, this is nothing for an X-Men fan! :p
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-13-2009, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckdee View Post
Pfft, this is nothing for an X-Men fan! :p
BURN THE HERETIC! SET PHASERS TO CRISPY!

Joking aside, the article and graph are a great layman's explanation for how the alternate reality concept works. And, a field trip to the ST XI alternate reality would be fun.
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-13-2009, 05:31 AM
Beautiful work! Nice and crisp, without too much clutter. I definitely approve.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-13-2009, 07:13 AM
This was much needed, I'm tired of people commenting about the movie as if it happened in the regular time line. The destruction of vulcan probably means Tuvok wasn't ever born, well, the whole universe would be different than the one we know and love.

Personaly I wish the movie had done a better job explaining all this. Though I understood it, many people just don't understand quatam theary and need to be guided through a dumbed down explination.

So thank you very much for clearing things up for those who didn't understand. Maybe this will stop the ******* commenting on how cryptic needs to take the events of the movie into account when making the game.

ITS ANOTHER TIME LINE. the only thing that effects the game from the movie is that Spock and Nero disapeared into the singularity after the destruction of romulus.

as a side note, I wish Spock and Nero would have stayed in the normal time line. Spock still has much work to due in the reunification movement. And Nero is young enough to be an antagonist in the game. But I guess Nero's dead in the past now, and Spock is helping peace together an endangered Vulcan race in a different parallel universe.

So we can stop pointing out how the timeline doesn't fit with the movie now guys. It never was supposed to, because the movie alters the entire established universe. It would be silly to try to build the game of the movie. You'd have to ignore everything in the star trek franchise except for the 11th movie, and ENTERPRISE. every other series, movie, and book used for source material would be useless in the ST XI universe
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-13-2009, 08:03 AM
Happy to see they are sticking to the Prime universe.

You have to admit this is a nice update and will make some things more clear.
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-13-2009, 10:26 AM
thx for the new wallpaper

oh my peace ends in 2399
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-13-2009, 10:33 AM
Nice addition. Thank you Rekhan.