Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
09-26-2012, 03:29 PM
They ain't fixin this, they'll just say it's working as intended and come up with an excuse to back it up like they did with the cloaking issue.
Empire Veteran
# 12
09-27-2012, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
A question to ask in the next ask cryptic, since it's the only way to get answers.
But they rarely ever answer KDF questions. It's generally always the fluff, Federation and nonsense questions that they answer. They should answer an equal amount of Federation and KDF questions, so it is no longer as rigged as it currently is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Empire Veteran
# 13
09-27-2012, 05:09 AM
Quote:
[*]Universal Ensign
[*]5th Tac console

I'll take these two if the Pivot can't be increased.
If the Pivot can be moved I'll gladly just take the 5th tac console.
STO is very much an Adam One culture and completely inarticulate about Adam Two.
Career Officer
# 14
09-27-2012, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveldra View Post
They ain't fixin this, they'll just say it's working as intended and come up with an excuse to back it up like they did with the cloaking issue.
I'm fine with a "working as intended" reply as long as it is given as part of a discussion with a developer, allowing us to ask the follow up question: "then what is it balanced against" and the second follow up to that where we can offer why it is not in fact balancing out, and/or how other things are not accounted for (I still feel that the pivot may be worth more than some extra hull as we currently have it).

It is entirely possible that the Raptor living on a Battlecruiser mesh is an intended design, making us a bit slow to turn, but a beast to kill, and a beast to be on the business end of: the A-10 Warthog of space. BUT it needs to be clearly shown that whatever their intention, the result has been to actually keep us too far out of balance.

That said, if I am to be an A-10 Warthog in space, I'm leaning hard towards even more hull and that extra Tac console - Don't get in my front arc. Period.

EDIT: I would love to get a peek at the Dev's ship design chart. I have to imagine they have it all worked out, base stats, mods (and what each is worth), and use it to balance ships. I suspect somewhere, someone missed a point or two on the chart for us, or failed to plug in what mods they applied before leaving.
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 4-5-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.

Last edited by jnohd; 09-27-2012 at 09:13 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 15
09-27-2012, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticmsfc View Post
But they rarely ever GIVE A DEFINABLE answer TO KDF questions.
Sorry, I felt I had to change the sentence structure as we have had a few KDF only Dev question podcasts and Blogs in the past.
STO is very much an Adam One culture and completely inarticulate about Adam Two.
Career Officer
# 16
09-27-2012, 10:49 AM
Something I stumbled upon while discussing a (turns out possibly well founded) Fed request for turn rate improvement on cruisers:

Tier 4 comparison:

Galaxy:
  • Hull: 32,500
  • Shield Modifier: 1
  • Crew: 1,000
  • Device Slots: 4
  • Turn Rate: 6
  • Impulse Modifier: 0.15
  • Inertia rating: 20
  • Bonus Power: +5 all power levels

Vor'cha
  • Hull: 30,000
  • Shield Modifier: 1
  • Crew: 1,500
  • Device Slots: 3
  • Turn Rate: 7
  • Impulse Modifier: 0.15
  • Inertia rating: 20
  • Bonus Power: +10 weapons power /+10 engine power
  • Innate cloak

Galaxy has an ~8% bonus in hull over the Vor'cha, while the KDF has a ~16.6% bonus to turning, which is likely what they were intending when they designed them - so this could indicate the Devs consider hull to be worth *twice* as much as turn rate? I personally would have considered the opposite to be true!

Of course, if the stowiki entries are correct, the Vor'cha enjoys 500 more crew, plus the cloak. But loses one Device slot... ?

So who the heck knows what they are doing with balancing these things.
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.

Last edited by jnohd; 09-27-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Captain
# 17
09-27-2012, 11:02 AM
They're NOT balancing-not anymore. Instead, of, y'know, addressing existing problems they've shifted to a CCG business model. If you already BOUGHT a c-store ship, they don't care about you, they only care about people they can sell Lockbox Keys to.
Career Officer
# 18
09-27-2012, 11:21 AM
I meant as they make them, not repairing them. The Raptor issue has gotten loud enough to be noticed more than once.

I'm hopeful, but one of those times it was noticed we were told it had enough hull, seeming to indicate they intended the hull buff to make up for the pivot point (or they don't understand the issue and mean hull buffs are balanced against turn rates)

PS - I am people they can sell keys to. In fact, I fully intend to try for a timeship. But I am still VERY focused and vocal about getting KDF up to snuff, and Raptors into balance, as I intend to stick with the Raptor.

Last edited by jnohd; 09-27-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Captain
# 19
09-27-2012, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnohd View Post
I meant as they make them, not repairing them. The Raptor issue has gotten loud enough to be noticed more than once.

I'm hopeful, but one of those times it was noticed we were told it had enough hull, seeming to indicate they intended the hull buff to make up for the pivot point (or they don't understand the issue and mean hull buffs are balanced against turn rates)

PS - I am people they can sell keys to. In fact, I fully intend to try for a timeship. But I am still VERY focused and vocal about getting KDF up to snuff, and Raptors into balance, as I intend to stick with the Raptor.
but, see, you care, the DEVS do NOT. Not when they can sell another Lockbox with another set of powers that have no counter (the counter will probably, if it turns up at all, turn up in...another lockbox,).

HOW LONG has the Raptor had the pivot point issue?

Since introduction? since KDF went LIVE??

Has it ever been addressed? NO.

Will it EVER be addressed?

Probably not.

It's a feature, like when ensign flatulent cuts the cheeze and your ship decloaks in the middle of a mob of Borg.

"It's a feature, not a bug".

BEcause...KDF content only matters so much as they can stuff it into a Lockbox and get people to pay a week's wages for keys-trying to get it.
Career Officer
# 20
09-27-2012, 11:40 AM
On the up side, it appears our cruisers are fairly OP when compared to Fed cruisers point for point?