Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Ensign
Okay, for PvE Mainly. Captain is Tactical Career Path.

I DO have the (3-piece) temporal item set.

So far, weapons look like:

Fore: 2x Mk XI/XII Polarized Disruptor DHC, Chroniton Dual beam array, Chroniton disruption device
Aft: 2x Mk XII Polarized Disruptor turrets, MK XII Tricobalt Mine Launcher

Reman Prototype Space Set MK XI (?)

Devices: Red Matter Capacitor, Sub-space field Modulator

Bridge Officers

Lt. Commander Universal: HEM1, TSS2, GW1
Lt. Universal: EPtS1, ET2
Commander Tac: TT1, SV1, CRF2, DPBeta3
Lt. Tac: TSpread1, TT2
Ens. Eng: ET1

Consoles:
Engineering: Isometric Charge, Point Defense
Science: Field Generator x2, Manheim, Universal-Temporal Console (I forget the name)
Tactical: Disruptor x3, ???

Ideas & Suggestions are welcome, as is CONSTRUCTIVE Criticism.

Update (10/8/2012)
Have Revised my weapons, gear and BO loadout with the many useful suggestions from this thread...all of which were considered carefully. Thank You to all who've posted as of today. Yes, initial build was a bit haphazard (nonsensical? lol) but imho, everything is a work in progress until you are happy with it, no? I welcome everyone to continue to post their thoughts and ideas on how to optimize this ships capabilities. Have seen this ship do some amazing things - piloted by Other people. So I know I have a wayz to go... Cheers!

Last edited by synister247; 10-08-2012 at 07:16 PM.
Captain
# 2
09-28-2012, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by synister247 View Post
Okay, for PvE Mainly. Captain is Tactical Career Path.

I DO have the (3-piece) temporal item set.

So, far weapons look like:

Fore: 2x Mk XI/XII Polarized Disruptor DHC, Chroniton Dual beam array, Chroniton disruption device
Aft: 2x Mk XII Polarized Disruptor turrets, MK XII Tricobalt Mine Launcher

Reman Prototype Space Set MK XI (?)

Devices: Red Matter Capacitor, Sub-space field Modulator

Bridge Officers

Lt. Commander Universal: HEM1, TSS2, GW1
Lt. Universal: EPtS1, ET2
Commander Tac: TT1, SV1, CRF2, DPBeta3
Lt. Tac: TSpread1, TT2
Ens. Eng: ET1

Consoles:
Engineering: Isometric Charge, Point Defense
Science: Field Generator x2, Manheim, Universal-Temporal Console (I forget the name)
Tactical: Disruptor x3, ???

Ideas & Suggestions are welcome, as is CONSTRUCTIVE Criticism.
Okay. First off, the Reman set doesn't really provide any good bonuses for your setup. You may be better off with MACO Shields/Borg 3pc kit for survivability.

I suggest that you swap out the Point Defense console, given that it doesn't really have much use in STFs and other PVE, unless you have a lot of trouble with heavy plasma torps, and scatter volley should help with that. You could pop in a Neutronium Alloy instead for extra resistance or the Borg Universal, which gives you a healthy bonus to crits.

I also suggest using Antiproton as your energy type, because I remember reading that the Chroniton Dual Beam Bank benefits from antiproton consoles. Of course, this is up to you, if you feel that the procs from polarised disruptors are better than the added damage, go ahead. Of course, switch to antiproton tac consoles then. The fourth tac console is up to you, but I would prefer to put in another antiproton/disruptor one.

As for your BOFFs, I tend to prefer Aux to Structural 1 instead of ET2. ATS1 gives you added hull resistance that helps if you keep it running as much as possible, for a slightly smaller heal. Use aux batteries to help in this case, or switch to high aux when healing.

ET1 is similarly limited, especially since it'll mess with your TT cooldowns. Believe me, you'll want TT up as much as possible. I would put another EPtS in there instead and chain it. This is good since EPtS both heals your shields and gives nice shield resistance.

I also see where you're going with DPB3, but I also notice you have no tractor breaks, which can be troublesome in STFs. Therefore, I suggest you put in APO3, which breaks tractor beams and gives added mobility, defense, and damage. If you go with this, it may be better to remove the tricobalt mine and put in another turret instead, for more sustained damage.

Finally, the added benefit you gain from TT2 over TT1 is negligible. I would downgrade your TT2 to TT1 and take TSpread2 instead. Either that, or CRF1, so that you can rapid fire your cannons more often.

I hope this helps you in setting up your ship.

P.S. You may want to post the 3pc bonuses for the temporal item set, since they aren't common knowledge yet.
Ensign
# 3
09-28-2012, 07:57 AM
Change engineering teams for another epts1 & rsp.

TT1 is sufficient.
Lieutenant
# 4
09-28-2012, 08:02 AM
Can anyone confirm that the chroniton DBB does antiproton damage?
Lieutenant
# 5
09-28-2012, 08:16 AM
You may also want to consider BO2 to quickly open up a hole in the shields and drop in that fancy chroniton disruption device (although Isometric Charge probably does a good job of that too).

The Torp Point Defense may be better than the regular Point Defense as it would be more effective against the many unshielded targets in STFs.

Yes, if you could please post the 2 and 3 set bonuses for the Temporal Warfare set that would be awesome!
Captain
# 6
09-28-2012, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atrus19 View Post
Can anyone confirm that the chroniton DBB does antiproton damage?
You can see it in-game when you right-click on its entry in the lobi store.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-28-2012, 09:36 AM
Loving the ship so far. I like the small bridge and bank access, the ship looks really cool, and I'm having fun. Two gripes:

1. The boff layout. The Tac LT is really obnoxious to try and fit properly. I'd much prefer dedicated Tac CMDR/LTCMDR, then a Universal LT/Ensign and Engineering LT. Right now it's REALLY difficult to fit cannon/torp Boffs abilities + adding an APB without sacrificing some critical doff slots.

2. Moar color schemes would be great, I really do not love the yellow at all, it's a bit racing-stripey.

Otherwise though, it's great, the Manheim effect is pretty awesome.
Lieutenant
# 8
09-28-2012, 09:57 AM
Congrats on your Mobius! She's a real beaut.

Since you have the full Temporal Warfare set, can you confirm if the Temporal Disruption Device does Chroniton damage or not? I've heard it doesn't, but that doesn't make any sense to me since its in-game description says it does.
Republic Veteran
# 9
09-28-2012, 10:59 AM
The Chroniton beam does in fact do antiproton.

My setup for the Mobius:

2 Antiproton DHC, Chroniton beam, Chroniton Torps fore
2 Antiproton turrets, and Temporal disruption device aft

Borg deflector and engines. MACO MK XII Shields.
Commanding Officer of Task Force Midnight
Check out The Verdict for all your gaming news needs. www.dutchjustice.com
Ensign
# 10 Temporal Inversion Field
09-28-2012, 11:11 AM
For Those Interested / By Request:

Temporal Warfare Set

Temporal Inversion Field
Set 3:

Toggle (20 max)
Affects Foe
5 Kilometer Sphere

1 sec
0.5 sec activate
3 min recharge

To all enemies within 5.0 km:

-200% Flight Speed
-400% Flight Speed vs. small craft
-150% Turn Rate
-!50% Power Recharge Speed

To self when equipped on Temporal Science Vessel or Temporal Destroyer:

+50% Flight speed
+100% Turn Rate
+150% Power Recharge Speed

Big Thank You To everyone who's responded, so far. The suggestions and ideas are exactly what I was looking for! Hope this helps others, as well.

Chroniton Synchronicity
Set 2

Passive
+27.4% Chroniton Projectile Wepaon Damage

Last edited by synister247; 09-28-2012 at 11:19 AM.