Career Officer
# 11
09-28-2012, 07:40 AM
Whatever happened, the ability should not be enabled once you are dead. I bet it's another client - server glitch, similar to counting a death 2 times (score 15-16) or when you take damage and heal and you stop at hull 0, then go up.
Hear! Sons of Kahless
Hear! Daughters too.
The blood of battle washes clean.
The Warrior brave and true.
We fight, we love, and then we kill...
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-28-2012, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by francescos772 View Post
Borticus the tipler Cylinder has a little problem, it's not OP, it's balanced and so on.

BUT if activated just a moment before death (in pvp a moment before death = 20% hull), you die because there are still enemy cannon or torpedo shots that are reaching your ship, but after dying you rewind time and resurrect.

It's very nice but the kill is counted like you really died, so after resurrection you are still at the center of the map, still at 20% hull and if you die a second time the kill is counted again.

Suggested fix for Borticus: rewind also the kill counter when resurrecting using this ability.

Absolutely hilarious getting p2w except its a loss when used badly. I find this extremely amusing.
Noone.
Career Officer
# 13
09-28-2012, 08:22 AM
Francesco, could you pls post your defense score when you move at impulse 24+ and have no buffs? I'm curious if its only me that sees defense =90.
Hear! Sons of Kahless
Hear! Daughters too.
The blood of battle washes clean.
The Warrior brave and true.
We fight, we love, and then we kill...
Community Moderator
# 14
09-28-2012, 09:00 AM
So... the Tipler Cylinder is not a big, red Panic button, eh?

I say, good.

There are plenty of other Last Ditch powers available. Use one of those before kicking off the Tipler and it might work out pretty good.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Captain
# 15
09-28-2012, 09:33 AM
Nobody else finds it amusing that the player with the uber shields got his butt kicked and not even erasing his death could save him ?

Guess it's like a cloak- shields drop before power activates.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Career Officer
# 16
09-28-2012, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Dear attacking PvP team,

Please enjoy a few extra kills, courtesy of the Tipler Cylinder.

Sincerely,
Temporal Investigations (currently on vacation)
What was it Miles O'Brien said to his temporal counterpart in the DS9 episode Visionary:

"I hate temporal mechanics!"
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
09-28-2012, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Dear attacking PvP team,

Please enjoy a few extra kills, courtesy of the Tipler Cylinder.

Sincerely,
Temporal Investigations (currently on vacation)
Awesome, Borticus! The PvP is umbalanced and neglected (we want more maps, rewards, a ranking system and so on), but at least we can say we have an humorous Dev!
K D F - Killing Disadvantaged Feds
K D F - The evul way to play Sto

Adm. Marcus orders: Punish the evul Klinguns! Punish the evul HOBOs! And nuclearize Qo'nos once and for all!