Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Ensign
I hope this is the right area for this post if not i am sorry

I was just wondering if i bought $50 worth of perfect world game cards at my local gamestop or supermarket could i use still use them on sto even knowing i have a silver account. I would like to use them for the zen and buy a few starships and what would $50 be worth on the zen side..like 5,000 zen or maybe lower. I want to make sure I have everything covered before i drop $50 for the cards.
Career Officer
# 2
09-28-2012, 03:40 PM
You should be able to. Redeem the card, then go to your Zen Wallet. Transfer as much or as little as you'd like to STO, and go from there.
Updated 2/11/13! Buying Zen with Energy Credits | Upgrading Duty Officers without Dilithium.
Q&A Presents: Maui Online! My friends' radioshow/podcast Computers, with occasional forays into astronomy.
Ensign
# 3
09-28-2012, 03:59 PM
cool thx for the info...I am still guessing that $50 is 5,000 zen points then
Career Officer
# 4
09-28-2012, 04:04 PM
Be careful, a friend got one at a 7 Eleven for $50 and tried to redeem it on his Zen Wallet and only got $10 worth of Zen. Perfect World, nor 7 Eleven would help him, each blaming the other. Perfect World told him to return the card and 7 Eleven told him because he scratched off the silver stuff from the back they can't help him. There is also a third party, the actual company that handles the cards who just refers him back to Perfect World and said they would have to correct it and the whole circle started out again. Suffice it to say, the most expensive 1,000 zen he ever bought and an interesting day on our fleets Team Speak channel. FYI, he pretty much stopped playing STO after that.
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Career Officer
# 5
09-28-2012, 04:11 PM
Keep in mind, STO time cards are old and will just turn you gold for X months.

PW cards generally are for ZEN.

If you want to save yourself grief, take a note of what the card is called and I'm sure folks here will look into what the card does.
Ensign
# 6
09-28-2012, 05:31 PM
Cool thx for the heads up again..I will call my local game stop to make sure that they are selling perfect world cards so i can use them for zen
Ensign
# 7
09-28-2012, 05:41 PM
I just called my local game stop and they told me they sale the Perfect world $20 cards, but they had no idea if you could use them for STO...I'm guessing I can, because PW sites says it can be used for sto..

Wish me luck..!!! I am looking to forwad to using my nebula class tier 3 ship and tier 3 and tier 5 Excelsior-class
Career Officer
# 8
09-28-2012, 06:31 PM
Yes those should work....i use em all the time

They don't say star trek on them just perfect world

They tend to feature pictures of sexy elves or other various tolkien characters

they look like these

https://billing.perfectworld.com/faq/store

The only negative is that they don't benefit from bonus zen sales... i.e. 15% more zen blah blah blah

good luck and enjoy the new wheels!