Career Officer
# 11
09-28-2012, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Yeah, it's not like they didn't have a ship, a uniform, some overpriced EV suits, and fleet related items released on the C-store since the last lockbox launched, plus two ships, a shuttle, and a doff pack between that one and the previous one. Nothing at all since the first lockbox.
so a cute skin for some existing ships, some over priced junk (ev suits) and the fleet stuff they are shoving down our throats and calling good... oh and we all need another shuttle we can hardly use anyway... nope your totally right what was I thinking, I mean with all that, who the hell wants a galor or marader or any of those other actually useful ships or items?
Career Officer
# 12
09-28-2012, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdoxy View Post
Folks angry there isn't enough stuff in the Cstore. Hilarious.
In a way yes I am angry, I don't believe in gambling so I am not allowed to support a game I enjoy playing unless I buy random useless cosmetic junk...
Captain
# 13
09-28-2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdoxy View Post
Folks angry there isn't enough stuff in the Cstore. Hilarious.
Zen-Store at least is honest, you pay and get it ... no gambling.
Career Officer
# 14
09-28-2012, 04:08 PM
What makes me sad is that these cool future uniforms (temporal agent and 29th century) are only available from the Lobi Store. I can accept fluff like merchant jackets to be there but genuine uniforms?

The optimist in me still hopes to see the 29th century uniform in the C-Store.
Leipzig University, 1409-2409
Career Officer
# 15
09-28-2012, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woerligen View Post
What makes me sad is that these cool future uniforms (temporal agent and 29th century) are only available from the Lobi Store. I can accept fluff like merchant jackets to be there but genuine uniforms?

I think it should be rarer than that. And, honestly, I'd be stunned if you couldn't get it on the exchange for 10-20 million EC.
Career Officer
# 16
09-28-2012, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woerligen View Post

Same! That was the most recent craptastic decision Cryptic/PWE has made other than yet again being wrong about when the Vesta will be released. September is over as of Monday morning and still no Vesta! )=
Career Officer
# 17
09-29-2012, 05:11 AM
10 to 20 million? In that case, I have to be really patient.

Canon Starfleet issue as Lock Box/Lobi Store only... Well, as has been said - there's at least the Exchange.

What's next? Probably the 26th century Universe-class will also end up as Lock Box item. And the Dauntless class.
Captain
# 18
09-29-2012, 07:32 AM
Lockboxes are being saved for ships which CBS wants to deem as rare. So if they want the Dauntless to be rare in the game it will go into a Lockbox. Gecko even stated that the T5 Connie might only be allowed into the game via a Lockbox.

I personally don't believe Uniforms should go into the Lobi Store, but the Store does need low-cost items for people to spend smaller amounts of Lobi on. Costume pieces tend to fit that bill.
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-29-2012, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalo View Post
Very True
If only they could put something new in there when the new lock box is launched it might not Seem that way
Oh, but if they did that, too many people would be buying ships instead of keys. But I agree. Releasing a comparable zen store ship alongside the lock boxes would make it seem less like we are having the waved in our faces. And the people who want a new ship but don't want to "gamble" for it, can get one. That'll never happen, though.

And to everyone saying they have been releasing zen store ships at a balanced pace, are you serious? The Armitage and Regent are the only two ships to come out in several months and they are both for Starfleet only. Meanwhile, the lock boxes and lobi store get a total of 6 full size ships, not to mention the mirror ones and shuttles. These include the only new ships for KDF players in over 6 months. They could be putting a lot more stuff on the zen store than they are. They just choose not to.

Fleet ships don't count. Most of them are simply reskins and reworkings of existing ships. And only a handful of them are worth getting, considering what they cost per toon.

Last edited by nephilim83; 09-29-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Career Officer
# 20
09-29-2012, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Lockboxes are being saved for ships which CBS wants to deem as rare. So if they want the Dauntless to be rare in the game it will go into a Lockbox. Gecko even stated that the T5 Connie might only be allowed into the game via a Lockbox.
I understand. Generally, I am okay with that practice, esp. concerning alien starships (Cardassian, Tholian, etc.). However, I am not so happy about the fact that this includes genuine faction ships from Starfleet and KDF (the T5 Constitution being the exception from that opinion).

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
I personally don't believe Uniforms should go into the Lobi Store, but the Store does need low-cost items for people to spend smaller amounts of Lobi on. Costume pieces tend to fit that bill.
General, civilian and alien costume pieces would be okay with me, but not standard issue Starfleet uniforms (although, the time traveller suit is not exactly Starfleet issue).