Captain
# 11
09-28-2012, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikahiro View Post
I think the problem would be accounting for active members/contributors versus inactive members/non-contributors.
Yeah, this is why scaling requirements is only really good on paper. You could have 500 members, but if only ten are actively contributing, you might as well count as a really tiny fleet.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 12
09-28-2012, 04:34 PM
I certainly would like the Tier 3 upgrade cut in half - I am looking at that 10,800 marker in just over 10 days

The Tier 3 upgrade process is really hard on a solo fleet!
Rihannsu
# 13
09-28-2012, 04:46 PM
The system was designed for Fleets but also as a huge sink meaning the whole thing is just out of synch with the reality of the server, also as people get bored of nothing to do existing Fleets became less and less active with members going back to hibernation.

The only thing this system will do is make sure Super Fleets will exist at T5 with everyone else being around T2-3 because the grind is too much for anyone to stay, also they refuse to understand that yes, some players made billions back during those years but new F2P players are relative poorer, their choice is Exchange sales of Fleet Modules so they can actually afford the insane prices for some commodities or just give up on the whole thing.

In ways its "working as intended" but at the same time its also driving a wedge on the playerbase of the ones that "have it" and the ones that "have it not", leading to the same burn out feeling of STF players that eventually get tired of it.

If I recall before Season 6 launched there was talk about "Public Fleets" for solo players to have access to some of the Fleet services ... what we got "join or else" and "and now with even more farming".

As usual, it fixed nothing except became more and more Pay to Actually Get Anywhere.
Empire Veteran
# 14
09-28-2012, 08:36 PM
I feel like mini-projects should be half, across the board:

Half the requirements needed to start
Half the time to finish them
Rewards half the xp and half anything else gained (rounded down if needed)
Etc

So, small fleets get their smaller projects, larger fleets can choose to do them, the same amount of xp is still gained, just split up into smaller pieces.

It can also be good for if you need some provisions of something, but not a lot of them at once.

Captain
# 15
09-29-2012, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
I feel like mini-projects should be half, across the board:

Half the requirements needed to start
Half the time to finish them
Rewards half the xp and half anything else gained (rounded down if needed)
Etc.
I don't really understand how that would solve the problem......
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Empire Veteran
# 16
09-29-2012, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
I don't really understand how that would solve the problem......
It wouldn't in a matter of speaking, but it would let smaller fleets have a smaller mission, which they could fill up without as much fuss. I wouldn't mind it personally for medium-level fleets who were having troubles with like Op-asset provision missions and such.

Captain
# 17
09-30-2012, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
It wouldn't in a matter of speaking, but it would let smaller fleets have a smaller mission, which they could fill up without as much fuss. I wouldn't mind it personally for medium-level fleets who were having troubles with like Op-asset provision missions and such.
That kind of makes sense, but that's not really what I'm asking for. I would like something that allows small/inactive fleets to level up faster but not benefit bigger/more active fleets.

Community Moderator
# 18
09-30-2012, 11:18 AM
The game already has a system to help small fleets grow their base faster:

The fleet recruitment forum.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Captain
# 19
09-30-2012, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
the Game Already Has A System To Help Small Fleets Grow Their Base Faster:

The Fleet Recruitment Forum.
-____-

Career Officer
# 20
10-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
The game already has a system to help small fleets grow their base faster:

The fleet recruitment forum.
Yeah this was a really needlessly gornhole reply and somewhat unbecoming.

I agree with the OP, would like an option for a tiny or solo fleet to chug along. Might not be at the same rate as the big fleets but can still move up the chain without feeling burdened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jengoz View Post
Silly Rabbit, the Devs don't play the game. That's why they have no idea about the problems.