Ensign
hello im creating this thread for the disabled people. mining is very hard for me because i have to move fast to connect the things, which seems redicously hard. i would like the sto development team to try to make that a bitt easier.
Ensign
# 2
09-28-2012, 03:45 PM
bump
Career Officer
# 3
09-28-2012, 03:56 PM
Actually, I'd like to see other minigames that offered the same rewards, but weren't so twitch based. I'm fine, but I've played with other games with muscular/neurological issues in the past who generally find (older) MMOs and their less reflexed based gameplay to be more friendly.

Perhaps looking at some of the different puzzle or logic games out there would work?

Also, please remember color-blindness! I've got one friend who was always jealous of my friends and I playing Puzzle Fighter (great game, go get it on PSN or XBLA) because he was colorblind! He couldn't play because of the color matching!
Updated 2/11/13! Buying Zen with Energy Credits | Upgrading Duty Officers without Dilithium.
Q&A Presents: Maui Online! My friends' radioshow/podcast Computers, with occasional forays into astronomy.
Ensign
# 4
09-29-2012, 11:20 PM
i can handle most minigames that aren't as fast however if it switches every 4 sec, it seems pointless in my case. i get maybe 20 to 150 points if lucky.. we need a simple mining ship or gun. just my opinion on the subject
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
09-30-2012, 02:29 AM
It does bother me that there is often no thought made for gamers who may be disabled. Obviously nothing can be perfect and you can't plan for everyones specific needs, but it would be nice if on occasion there were some alternatives in place for people who could use them.

I never bother with the Dilithium mining, for the simple reason it seems like a waste of time. For the effort put in to constantly adjusting the icon the reward doesn't warrant it.